Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Open Registration  (Read 35729 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC 2018 Open Registration
« Reply #195 on: December 10, 2017, 07:21:48 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm seeing very few people who got shut out completely.
Less attendees applying for badges? Or more badges?

I think it’s the subset of people here. FoCC members tend to be more aware and organized, and they work together. Therefore, they are more likely to be successful.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #196 on: December 10, 2017, 08:22:57 AM »
I think it’s the subset of people here. FoCC members tend to be more aware and organized, and they work together. Therefore, they are more likely to be successful.
Aka hard-core nerds :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #197 on: Today at 06:36:10 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #197 on: December 10, 2017, 09:05:03 AM »
From within member ID notices (bold = mine):
Comic-Con 2018 attendee badges are sold out. There will be no additional badge sales. We thank you for your continued support and we are very grateful to receive such a high level of interest in our event.

If you purchased an attendee badge during Open Registration, you will receive a confirmation email within 72 hours of your purchase. If you do not receive your confirmation by Wednesday, December 13, please use the "Contact Us" feature on the left.

Your badge will be mailed to the shipping address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account. To update your shipping address, please select the "Contact Info" tab above and select the "Badge Shipping Address" option. The deadline to update your shipping address is May 14, 2018.

We are unable to ship badges to an international address. International attendees may pick up their badge when they arrive onsite. Onsite pick-up hours and locations will be posted at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login at a late date. You will need your confirmation and a photo ID to pick up your badge onsite.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
Finally got my email from CCI stating my credit card was processed from yesterday's sale.

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »
And of course, if you don't get your barcodes by this Wednesday (I know, you don't really need them), contact Expo Logic.  If you call them they're open till 5pm EST.

General Customer Support [email protected]

PHONE Toll Free: 1.877.354.3976 Phone: 484.751.5100 Fax: 866.443.5868
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline LacyMB

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2017, 07:18:35 PM »
Seeing all the people who got in for the first time today makes my nerd heart happy.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #201 on: December 11, 2017, 08:44:17 AM »
I'm seeing very few people who got shut out completely.
Less attendees applying for badges? Or more badges?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I participated in the sale last year and got two days (Thurs & Sunday).  They had the Trade Professional sale later and I got a 4-day badge there, with guest.  I returned the Open Reg. badges, but they didn't re-sell them.

This year, they had Trade Professional BEFORE Open Registration.  I wasn't able to participate, nor was my guest.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #202 on: December 11, 2017, 08:49:17 AM »
I don't know if this makes a difference, but I participated in the sale last year and got two days (Thurs & Sunday).  They had the Trade Professional sale later and I got a 4-day badge there, with guest. I returned the Open Reg. badges, but they didn't re-sell them.

This year, they had Trade Professional BEFORE Open Registration.  I wasn't able to participate, nor was my guest.
From what I understand, returned badges generally go out as comp badges closer to the convention.  I could be wrong, and I honestly don't recall who told me that specifically.  But that was what I was told several years back when CCI stopped doing the spring returned badge sales a little while back.

I see A LOT of first-timers here. So it must be true, then, that Comic-Con System is "tracking" those accounts that have gone before and gives them less chances? What do you guys think?
I say this because we were a group of 7, two of the three accounts that got in were from people who had never gone before.
We've never had such good luck before.

It's literally luck of the draw/group-buying.  I think for every first timer there is at least another multi-year returning vet.  I was in a buying group and one of my codes hit within the first 10/15 min. and I was able to get badges for my friends + group member (and the code that hit was someone who has been going now for over a decade). 
Just like every year:
* Lots of people get badges and get to return to Comic-Con
* Lots of new people get badges and get to attend SDCCI for the first time
* Lots more people get shut out

Random draw.  I think in the established (meaning all vets from the previous year at least, many multi-year group-buying vets + some friends) buying group I joined this year had 100% of group participants get at least 2-days of badges (or one day if that's all the buyer wanted). 
It's all random draw + strength in numbers
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:56:43 AM by perc2100 »

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #203 on: December 11, 2017, 09:26:46 AM »
From what I understand, returned badges generally go out as comp badges closer to the convention.  I could be wrong, and I honestly don't recall who told me that specifically.  But that was what I was told several years back when CCI stopped doing the spring returned badge sales a little while back.

I read that too.  I think because the press and pro badges were decreased to allow for more general attendees, the returned badges are probably meant to accommodate those in the press or industry who couldn't get a badge. 

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #204 on: December 11, 2017, 09:49:27 AM »
I read that too.  I think because the press and pro badges were decreased to allow for more general attendees, the returned badges are probably meant to accommodate those in the press or industry who couldn't get a badge.
That's what I remember being told as well.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #205 on: December 11, 2017, 10:03:29 AM »
barcodes are coming out, with mine being updated to 4-day w/PN 
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:10:18 AM by rabbitwarren »

Offline OyaIsMe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #206 on: December 11, 2017, 10:06:26 AM »

It's literally luck of the draw/group-buying.  I think for every first timer there is at least another multi-year returning vet.  I was in a buying group and one of my codes hit within the first 10/15 min. and I was able to get badges for my friends + group member (and the code that hit was someone who has been going now for over a decade). 
Just like every year:
* Lots of people get badges and get to return to Comic-Con
* Lots of new people get badges and get to attend SDCCI for the first time
* Lots more people get shut out

Random draw.  I think in the established (meaning all vets from the previous year at least, many multi-year group-buying vets + some friends) buying group I joined this year had 100% of group participants get at least 2-days of badges (or one day if that's all the buyer wanted). 
It's all random draw + strength in numbers

I can vouch for this, I’m a first timer in getting in. I made my member ID in August. Didn’t even find out about buying groups until a week ago when it was too late to join one. I only had the ONE laptop running when it was time to login and wait and by some miracle I got chosen to purchase badges before Saturday sold out. I originally was just going to buy Friday and Saturday, but I said to myself who knows if I’ll ever get a chance to go all four days again, so I took the plunge and bought all four.

My only regret was I’m a loner, so I didn’t know anyone else who would have wanted me to buy them a ticket and seemed like a waste for me to get in and not be able to buy for two others, with the luck I had at getting in so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #207 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:52 AM »
I can vouch for this, I’m a first timer in getting in. I made my member ID in August. Didn’t even find out about buying groups until a week ago when it was too late to join one. I only had the ONE laptop running when it was time to login and wait and by some miracle I got chosen to purchase badges before Saturday sold out. I originally was just going to buy Friday and Saturday, but I said to myself who knows if I’ll ever get a chance to go all four days again, so I took the plunge and bought all four.

My only regret was I’m a loner, so I didn’t know anyone else who would have wanted me to buy them a ticket and seemed like a waste for me to get in and not be able to buy for two others, with the luck I had at getting in so early.

That's awesome and I hope you have a blast!  Get to know folks on this board and you'll have PLENTY of people to hang out with you at Comic-Con (if you want: going solo also has its benefits)!

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #208 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:55 AM »
Yes, as said above get to know everyone on forum by interest or other ways and keep in touch over time. going to con as a loner has pros and cons but in ways more pros i think. years ago i went with others and alone. this past con i went along and volunteered and by chance ran into or met up with others i know and came in and saw as i was roaming around the con so got caught up on things at time. so going alone u meet new con goers or veterans by chance, and also can roam around and not worry u gotta stay with anyone or so to speak feel chained to anyone so u can just roam around and check out what u want at time and get whatever u want at time.

Offline OyaIsMe

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 12
« Reply #209 on: December 11, 2017, 10:41:57 AM »
That's awesome and I hope you have a blast!  Get to know folks on this board and you'll have PLENTY of people to hang out with you at Comic-Con (if you want: going solo also has its benefits)!
Thank you, I’m sure between now and then I’ll have some folks to meet up with.