Author Topic: Don't Understand Where Lines Are? This Should Help  (Read 37980 times)

Offline Musica1

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
Don't Understand Where Lines Are? This Should Help
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:04:23 AM »
So many new people were asking where lines start for different rooms, especially Hall H and Ballroom 20.  I went to the Convention Center and took some pictures to try to help people understand.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:31:47 AM by Musica1 »

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
Re: Don't Understand Where Lines Are? This Should Help
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:16:01 AM »
Thanks for this! Since I am an SDCC noob - No matter how much I look at Google earth, I could never get a sense of where things will be. This helped.

Also, the hyperlink is broken.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:54:53 AM »

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
Thanks Musica1.
I think it would be also useful if you can put some "pins" on one of those maps:

Thank you

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 06:49:07 AM »
And since this question gets asked every year - if you don't already have your badge, you will line up by A to go get it first. You do not go line up with your panel line until you have a badge.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 07:05:57 AM »
Last year in the programming guide, they had a map of the panel rooms with little color-coded arrows showing where you are supposed to line up for each room.  I tried to find it online but couldn't.

It was near the centerfold of the program guide (not the souvenir book) so look there when you get your materials when you get your tickets.

Offline Musica1

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 07:10:10 AM »
And since this question gets asked every year - if you don't already have your badge, you will line up by A to go get it first. You do not go line up with your panel line until you have a badge.

True.  Should I add "if you have your badge" to the descriptions?

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 07:29:07 AM »
Last year in the programming guide, they had a map of the panel rooms with little color-coded arrows showing where you are supposed to line up for each room.  I tried to find it online but couldn't.

It was near the centerfold of the program guide (not the souvenir book) so look there when you get your materials when you get your tickets.

I actually think we're mostly talking about where to line up in the mornings before doors open, which I don't think the guide has? But yes, I think you're right about the guide pointing out where you're supposed to line up once the Con is actually open.

The Gossamer

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 08:07:40 AM »

The map is pretty good showing where the lines start, but remember the lines get long for some of the more crowded hallways (hall 6 area) and the lines will get segmented and sometimes the end will be down the hall or even outside.
  I thought last year closer to the con date CCI they posted some maps and line ups.

Offline Zay

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2013, 11:12:39 AM »
How popular is ballroom 20? This isn't my first con but it will be my first time attending a ballroom 20 panel, which is the Legend of Korra panel at 11:15 on Friday. Would I really need to be there from the beginning of the day until my panel starts?

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 11:18:29 AM »
Ballroom 20 is the 2nd most popular room after Hall H.

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
How popular is ballroom 20? This isn't my first con but it will be my first time attending a ballroom 20 panel, which is the Legend of Korra panel at 11:15 on Friday. Would I really need to be there from the beginning of the day until my panel starts?

The earliest panels are typically at 10AM - so that 11:15AM timeslot says to me it's the second panel of the day. So yes, you will need to be there early. But so long as they're there by 7/8AM, you should make it in.

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 12:50:26 PM »
Last year on Friday the BR20 line was longer early than hall H because of Firefly and Korra even to.  As I was leaving on Thursday evening there was already a line formed and I was talking to the girls at the front and they were in line for Korra and weren't even staying for Firefly later.

Did they confirm the timeslot for that, or are you looking at last years info for that panel?

Hope that helps!

Offline Zay

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »
Thanks for the help, I would definitely be able to get to the panel early then seeing that it's most likely the second panel of the day.

Offline Dprok

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2013, 12:56:50 PM »
I have a slight variation on this question.  I have a Saturday badge only, is it possible to line up for the H hall panels outside prior to actually having a badge in hand?  Since at best I can't get my badge until 8:30 but lines will be starting well before then.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2013, 02:01:56 PM »
Angology had posted some ***excellent*** maps abt where to line up here; You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5