Author Topic: Comic-Con Special Edition 2021  (Read 44596 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Comic-Con Special Edition 2021
« Reply #375 on: November 24, 2021, 10:51:45 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
yes
apparently there's 2 cirt tables, that one by hall h and another one farther up, maybe by c?

How does vaccine verification work?  Do I have to immediately go to badge pickup?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm not even sure I can do a volunteer shift.  But if I can, time will be tight.  Based on the length and duration of those lines in the photos, it would help a lot if I can pre-verify instead of waiting in line the day I can do a shift.  So I'm wondering if I can go get the wristband on an earlier day and then pickup my badge on another day.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #376 on: November 24, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
How does vaccine verification work?  Do I have to immediately go to badge pickup?  The reason I'm asking is that I'm not even sure I can do a volunteer shift.  But if I can, time will be tight.  Based on the length and duration of those lines in the photos, it would help a lot if I can pre-verify instead of waiting in line the day I can do a shift.  So I'm wondering if I can go get the wristband on an earlier day and then pickup my badge on another day.
no you don't have to go immediately to badge pick up
I think you'll have problems tho. they seem to do wrist bands by day. ie yesterday was a green, to day may be a different color. the red are for the whole weekend but i had to show my proof of paid badge not my volunteer email.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #377 on: Today at 10:41:17 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #377 on: November 24, 2021, 12:39:03 PM »
no you don't have to go immediately to badge pick up
I think you'll have problems tho. they seem to do wrist bands by day. ie yesterday was a green, to day may be a different color. the red are for the whole weekend but i had to show my proof of paid badge not my volunteer email.

Thanks.  That complicates things then.  Unless someone has a paid badge and gets the red band, then I guess they'll have to do vaccine verification everyday.  So if a volunteer wanted to pickup their badge today for a Friday shift, then they would have to go through verification today to get the badge and then again on Friday to work the shift.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #378 on: November 24, 2021, 02:03:28 PM »
Thanks.  That complicates things then.  Unless someone has a paid badge and gets the red band, then I guess they'll have to do vaccine verification everyday.  So if a volunteer wanted to pickup their badge today for a Friday shift, then they would have to go through verification today to get the badge and then again on Friday to work the shift.

I know but check back -- it's fluid & things change on the fly. this is a new set up for them & they're working through the kinks
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #379 on: November 24, 2021, 02:27:29 PM »
There seems to be some confusion on the different colored wristbands: some saying one color was for Exhibitors and one for reg. attendees, some reg. attendees saying are getting both colors, some saying one color is for vaccinated and one for neg. testing, etc.  I think at this moment, I wouldn't panic quite yet.  Also, as for Wed. early afternoon there were zero lines so there may not be a huge crush

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #380 on: November 24, 2021, 05:44:21 PM »
a buddy just went through & had no wait
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 05:52:21 PM by alyssa »

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #381 on: November 24, 2021, 06:11:19 PM »
No line this afternoon. By the way, who's bright idea was it to make us wear a paper wrist band from today through Sunday? I doubt mine will make it to Friday.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:06:59 PM by Old Man Grey »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #382 on: November 24, 2021, 08:32:20 PM »
There seems to be some confusion on the different colored wristbands: some saying one color was for Exhibitors and one for reg. attendees, some reg. attendees saying are getting both colors, some saying one color is for vaccinated and one for neg. testing, etc.  I think at this moment, I wouldn't panic quite yet.  Also, as for Wed. early afternoon there were zero lines so there may not be a huge crush

I don't know why there are even different colors.  That wristband isn't a badge.  It should only be used to verify your vaccination/test status.  As far as I know, it's binary.  Either you qualify or you don't for the entire 3 days.  So either you have a wristband or you don't.  Should it matter if you are an exhibitor, panelist, volunteer or attendee?  That's what the badge is for.  Not the vaccination wristband.

Since I'll be at the museum on Friday, I think I'll get a wristband that day just in case.  If it works on another day, great.  If not, I've lost nothing.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 08:34:31 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #383 on: November 24, 2021, 08:39:43 PM »
There was a story about Turkeycon on KBPS, NPR, this afternoon.  The teaser for it was "comic-con without hollywood".  I missed the first part of it, I was getting something to drink.  So I only caught the last couple of minutes.  They had a creator on that was excited by it.  It was back to what comic-con used to be.  They also had interview soundbites from DG.  He made a point of saying that this is not the grand opening for the museum.  It's as they've been saying, a soft opening.  The real grand opening will be in 2022.  Also someone, I forget who, said it was a "reopening".  Which made me think, when has it ever been opened?  There have been events that have used the space, but it was never technically open.  Other than the cafe.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #384 on: November 24, 2021, 11:54:54 PM »
No line this afternoon. By the way, who's bright idea was it to make us wear a paper wrist band from today through Sunday? I doubt mine will make it to Friday.

You can take it off if you want. You'll just have to get a new one at the tent before they let you inside.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2021, 07:57:41 AM »
There seems to be a hike in the replacement badge fees.  Yikes.

From the Special Edition Program guide:
"Make sure to keep your badge safe and secure at all times. Lost or damaged badges are subject to a $150 replacement fee." 

For reference, I copied the statement below from the Badge info area on the CCI website.
"Please keep your badge safe and secure at all times. Lost badges may be replaced for a nominal fee at the Attendee Badge Solutions Desk    
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #386 on: November 25, 2021, 10:59:24 AM »
I noticed that it's the same $150 replacement fee for volunteer badges as well.

Offline SDcomics

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 214
« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2021, 11:32:19 AM »
A look around San Diego Comic Con for Thanksgiving

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #388 on: November 26, 2021, 07:20:26 PM »
Both vaccination verification tables at Hall H and Hall D had pretty long lines.  The lines move very quickly for a reason.  It's a cursory check.  The sign said I had to show my card and matching ID.  So I had my ID ready to show.  It wasn't needed.  The person who validated me just looked at the vaccine card in my hand and waved me through to the people at the end that put on the wristband.  The only color they were putting on was red.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »
Today, the Hall D verification table is gone.  The Hall H verification tent is shuttered.  It's still there but unmanned.  Strangely, they set up a couple of tables about 10 feet to the right of it.  So that's where they are verifying now.  There's no line.

It's strange to have a comic-con without Gaslamp involvement.  5th is closed but that's for covid.  There are attendees eating there but once you wander off of 5th it's mostly locals as on any normal Saturday.  They are there watching sports on TV.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 06:22:37 PM by chocolateshake »