Author Topic: CCI 2015 Ace Parking  (Read 69396 times)

Offline cynnone

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
Re: CCI 2015 Ace Parking
« Reply #330 on: April 15, 2015, 03:04:38 PM »
I got my so sorry, no parking for you email.  Now what?  I can't imagine 4 days of comic con without parking!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #331 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got my so sorry, no parking for you email.  Now what?  I can't imagine 4 days of comic con without parking!

You can place yourself on the parking request list here.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #332 on: Today at 09:39:48 PM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #332 on: April 15, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »
I got a rejection email too.

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #333 on: April 15, 2015, 03:22:29 PM »
I haven't had experience using the request thread before--if I have group 3 but really can only use Convention Center or Hilton, is it better for me to wait and see if there's either available for my purchase window?  Or just post a request now, with the assumption that everything will be gone by that time?  Thanks for any input!

Also, for the life of me, I don't know what one of the verification answers is.  Whenever I get the one asking for the other convention I just have to refresh until another question comes up.  (lame = me)

Offline cynnone

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #334 on: April 15, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »
You can place yourself on the parking request list here.

Thank you!!  I just put myself on the list.  Crossing fingers.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #335 on: April 15, 2015, 03:57:17 PM »
I haven't had experience using the request thread before--if I have group 3 but really can only use Convention Center or Hilton, is it better for me to wait and see if there's either available for my purchase window?  Or just post a request now, with the assumption that everything will be gone by that time?  Thanks for any input!

Also, for the life of me, I don't know what one of the verification answers is.  Whenever I get the one asking for the other convention I just have to refresh until another question comes up.  (lame = me)

None of us have used the request thread before, because it's new this year. If you have suggestions for improvement, please let us know.

At this point, all people can offer is buying spots in one of the groups. If you are only willing to accept the convention center and the Hilton Bayfront, then you would want the first 2 groups. Group 3 *might* have those lots, but might not. It's up to you if you want to accept an offer or not.

OTOH, if you get an offer and don't accept it, then what will you do? What's your alternative? These are all things to consider when you decide to accept an offer or not.

Keep in mind that the people offering spots are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts - there is no remuneration or bonus for anyone who does so. We're all just trying to help each other out. The truth is that there were only 500 people in each group, so the few Group 1s and 2s that were allocated to people on this forum are (for the most part) being used by those people, and there are fewer to give to others. However if people got multiple allocations, then their later groups could be offered on the parking request list.

Offline GusGus23462

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 108
« Reply #336 on: April 15, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
On the Ace Parking FAQ in regards to parking at the Hilton or the Convention Center, it says they can only guarantee those locations in group 1-3 so if you're in group 3 then I would 'think' you'd be ok!

Having said that, Ace is MESS!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #337 on: April 15, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »
On the Ace Parking FAQ in regards to parking at the Hilton or the Convention Center, it says they can only guarantee those locations in group 1-3 so if you're in group 3 then I would 'think' you'd be ok!

Having said that, Ace is MESS!

As you said, Ace is a mess. You are correct that previously they said Groups 1-3 would be in the 'prime' spots. However yesterday on the Group 1 confirmations Ace changed their statement to say that only Group 1 was guaranteed such spots, since CCI had yet to tell them how many spots would be reserved for vendors/exhibitors.

Offline j_peace

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #338 on: April 15, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »

Wonder Con

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #339 on: April 15, 2015, 04:49:34 PM »

OTOH, if you get an offer and don't accept it, then what will you do? What's your alternative? These are all things to consider when you decide to accept an offer or not.

Keep in mind that the people offering spots are doing so out of the goodness of their hearts - there is no remuneration or bonus for anyone who does so. We're all just trying to help each other out. The truth is that there were only 500 people in each group, so the few Group 1s and 2s that were allocated to people on this forum are (for the most part) being used by those people, and there are fewer to give to others. However if people got multiple allocations, then their later groups could be offered on the parking request list.

Thanks--yes, I know it would be a long shot either way, and it's great that anybody even considers going to all this trouble for complete strangers!

My thing is that I currently have a kind of crappy hotel through SDCC that will apparently take about 40 minutes on the shuttle one way, which assures that I'll never go back during the day to drop stuff off, get food, etc.  If I got Convention Center parking, I'd try to get a cheaper/free alternative further out for some of the days and then use my car as a storage base.  If I got parking much further out, I'd probably again never take time out to go there, so it wouldn't be much different from just leaving the car at the hotel and shuttling.

Offline jnyama

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #340 on: April 15, 2015, 04:50:37 PM »
Wonder Con

Thank you!  I wasn't putting in a space.

Offline shavri

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #341 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:10 PM »
I emailed ACE about the convenience fee for the Convention Center and HBF.  They just emailed back that the convenience fee will be $7 for both of those lots.  Still more than the other lots.   :-\  Never thought it would be possible to make it to the front of a lottery and still be pretty unhappy--ACE is special indeed.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #342 on: April 15, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
I emailed ACE about the convenience fee for the Convention Center and HBF.  They just emailed back that the convenience fee will be $7 for both of those lots.  Still more than the other lots.   :-\  Never thought it would be possible to make it to the front of a lottery and still be pretty unhappy--ACE is special indeed.

Well, at least they decreased it some! I complained on their FB page, it was shady how they changed it like that just to gouge.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #343 on: April 15, 2015, 06:59:20 PM »

I wonder why they reduced it? Maybe they were getting some kind of pushback?

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #344 on: April 15, 2015, 09:36:04 PM »

"Q: Why am I being charged a convenience fee?

A: Yes, we do our best to make pre-purchasing parking as easy as possible so that fans can reserve parking ahead of time online. The convenience fee covers resources spent on making this option available and include, web hosting, ticketing hardware, customer support, training, credit and debit card processing services, merchant fees, computer hardware and software, telephone lines, labor and more."