Author Topic: CCI 2015 Ace Parking  (Read 69386 times)

Offline vwphibs

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 28
Re: CCI 2015 Ace Parking
« Reply #465 on: May 11, 2015, 11:07:46 PM »
WooHoo! I was able to get CC parking for Thurs-Sat & Hilton on Sun. Thank you so much Alyssa and everyone on here!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #466 on: May 12, 2015, 06:15:22 AM »
I am so glad that everyone on this site is able to get the parking they need!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #467 on: Today at 09:09:49 AM »

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #467 on: May 12, 2015, 07:01:34 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am so glad that everyone on this site is able to get the parking they need!

Yeah, we've kinda curated a pretty awesome, helpful group!  I know someone helped me get Sunday Convention Center parking, and then I was able to help someone get Wed-Sat parking, etc.  High five, group!! ;D

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #468 on: May 12, 2015, 07:18:07 AM »
Yeah, we've kinda curated a pretty awesome, helpful group!  I know someone helped me get Sunday Convention Center parking, and then I was able to help someone get Wed-Sat parking, etc.  High five, group!! ;D

Ideally it would work out this way for all things, but yes, I agree that working together as a group, we can help far more people.

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #469 on: May 12, 2015, 11:57:21 AM »
Thanks to the  most wonderful member Angology I just got 4 days at the Hilton. I can't tell you what a relief this is. I've lurked on this site for a couple of years but only just joined.I was very skeptical of all this group buying but now I'm a believer.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #470 on: May 12, 2015, 12:43:51 PM »
....... I was very skeptical of all this group buying but now I'm a believer.
think of it like 'working anarchy'  ;)

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #471 on: May 18, 2015, 09:39:24 AM »
For those people with Group 4 access, once you get your parking today, let us know how it went for you and what locations/dates are still available.

Good luck getting what you're looking for.

Offline lakerae

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #472 on: May 18, 2015, 10:09:49 AM »
Got the parking i was hoping for! Just purchased thur.-sun at Hilton! Convention center was all sold out, but all days for Hilton was still available. 

Thank you so much Alyssa for helping me get parking.

Offline lunate

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #473 on: May 18, 2015, 10:57:48 AM »
I just got Thursday and Sunday passes at Hilton Bayfront. I could have gotten Friday and Saturday, but my friend suggested taking the trolley on those days to avoid traffic jams as I live in San Diego.

Do you think that was a good idea? ...I suppose I still have a view more days to buy other passes if I change my mind.

I thought Thursday and Sunday could be my shopping days. I don't know how well this will work with any panels, though.

Thanks Alyssa for your help in getting these two days!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:00:52 AM by lunate »

Offline KevsterSD

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #474 on: May 18, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »
Lunate,

I have found that all of the days are about the same around the convention center and over the last couple of years, I've been able to park in the Hilton in the mornings without much trouble. I come up Harbor Dr. from the Logan area and it hasn't been a major problem for me any morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #475 on: May 18, 2015, 11:14:20 AM »
while i don't know where Logan is, coming to the con from the south is wicked simple- hardly any traffic.  I'd buy all 4 days without a second thought
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #476 on: May 18, 2015, 11:35:28 AM »
I just got Thursday and Sunday passes at Hilton Bayfront. I could have gotten Friday and Saturday, but my friend suggested taking the trolley on those days to avoid traffic jams as I live in San Diego.

Do you think that was a good idea? ...I suppose I still have a view more days to buy other passes if I change my mind.

I thought Thursday and Sunday could be my shopping days. I don't know how well this will work with any panels, though.

Thanks Alyssa for your help in getting these two days!
A few thoughts from someone who has done both over the years:

* if you plan on buying a bunch of stuff or bringing a bunch of stuff with you, parking is the way to go.  I travel with at least one kid, and sometimes multiple kids & multiple adults.  Having a trunk full of food, drinks, etc. is always very helpful.  If you buy stuff being able to cross a small service road to get to a garage (where the Hilton Bayfront is, across from Hall H line) is a huge plus.
* if you plan on driving in between 5am and 6/6:30ish, traffic might not be so bad: at least it hasn't been too bad the past 15 or so years.  Remember that Thursday is a business day downtown, so not only will you be coming in with Comic-Con people, but also with the regular downtown employees (i.e. if you come in 7 amish or later you're going to be fighting lots of traffic).
* if you're even slightly claustrophobic, the trolley is a bad idea.  Unless you want to practice for the Exhibit Hall, in which case if you can deal with trolley wall-to-wall people you will be 100% OK with anything Comic-Con throws your way!
* if you want to save money, I suspect a weekly trolley pass will be the cost of one day of parking.  If you drive in with more than two people the cost-savings might swing towards the Hilton garage.  I was going to take the trolley this year after getting annoyed with ACE, but I realized I'd be driving downtown with four people most days, and five people a few days.  It would be cheaper to get the Hilton parking pass per-day than for all of those people to pay the trolley every day.  The Day Tripper pass is $5 a person, and while there will likely be a week-long pass for Comic-Con the cost between the two is almost a wash so getting parking works for me personally on all levels.

Note that I live in San Diego, and while I don't go downtown on a regular basis I know my way around.  I get if someone not familiar with the roads would not want to fight traffic (especially with construction going on downtown right by the Convention Center this year) and might feel better with the trolley

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #477 on: May 18, 2015, 12:42:46 PM »

I can't predict what this year will be like, however last year and the year before I never had any problem with traffic jams Thursday through Sunday.  Then again, I usually show up at the crack of dawn (5am).
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #478 on: May 18, 2015, 04:18:48 PM »

I can't predict what this year will be like, however last year and the year before I never had any problem with traffic jams Thursday through Sunday.  Then again, I usually show up at the crack of dawn (5am).
Last year I rolled in between 6 & 6:30 and I too had zero traffic issues

Offline KevsterSD

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #479 on: May 18, 2015, 04:20:07 PM »

Last year I rolled in between 6 & 6:30 and I too had zero traffic issues

. My experiences were the same, and my group got there around 8:30 on some days.