Author Topic: CCI 2015 Ace Parking  (Read 69388 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: CCI 2015 Ace Parking
« Reply #525 on: June 18, 2015, 02:49:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had an idea about taking a Cab from my hotel instead of parking in the lot. Would that make more sense. Not worried about the money just thinking about if it would be better so i can get there before 5AM?/

Please do not cross-post similar comments in two different threads.  (We're trying to keep things organized with topics in their own place, especially since the forums are getting more active as it gets closer to Comic-Con, and we would appreciate the help from veteran forum members like yourself to be good examples for newcomers.  ^__~)

I did make a reply to your post in the public transportation thread, so check it out over here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hope that helps! ^__^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #526 on: June 20, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »

Horton Saturday full.

---------
6/21

Horton Friday full.

---------
6/22 5:55pm Horton Saturday open again!

----------

9:13pm Saturday sold out.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 09:15:51 PM by SamTurtledove »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #527 on: Today at 10:52:41 AM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #527 on: June 25, 2015, 12:19:19 AM »

Horton Thursday lot full.

Daily parking LFs. (Hyatt probably employee overflow lot?)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:22:20 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #528 on: June 27, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »
Cancellation and refund deadline reminder:

"Permits can be cancelled/refunded until 11:59pm on 06-27-2015. A processing fee of $10.00 will be applied to all refund requests."

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #529 on: June 27, 2015, 11:30:49 PM »
Once you pay for Ace parking does it matter what time you arrive or is the space guaranteed?  What about going in and out?  (Not that I plan to do that much, but I'm on a dual purpose visit to San Diego and it can't be helped)  Thanks!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2015, 11:35:55 PM »

Once you pay for Ace parking does it matter what time you arrive or is the space guaranteed?  What about going in and out?  (Not that I plan to do that much, but I'm on a dual purpose visit to San Diego and it can't be helped)  Thanks!
1) no in/out for ACE parking
2) pretty sure once you have parking you can come whoever. Obviously more difficult to find a space, but I think in theory (assuming no a-holes double park) if you have prepaid parking you're good for a spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #531 on: June 27, 2015, 11:47:58 PM »
Ok bit the bullet and bought parking for 3 days - gulp, pricey!!  But I'm staying in La Jolla so if we are hoping to get to convention center before 6 am, driving is probably my best bet.  Thanks for all the help!!

Offline ennaor

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #532 on: July 06, 2015, 01:18:27 PM »

Q: Handicap Parking?

A: ADA spaces are first come first served. The Convention Center and Hilton Bay Front are the best choices for ADA parking.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I need to find out for my father if the handicap spaces are "first come first served" for people who have already purchased parking at the Convention Center and Hilton?  Or will there be handicap parking spaces available each day during the convention at "first come first serve" (for people who were unable to purchase a parking pass online)?   

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #533 on: July 06, 2015, 01:29:16 PM »
I'm gonna say you need purchased parking. Is there some law that paid lots have to let handicapped park without paying?  I don't know,  there could be.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #534 on: July 06, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I need to find out for my father if the handicap spaces are "first come first served" for people who have already purchased parking at the Convention Center and Hilton?  Or will there be handicap parking spaces available each day during the convention at "first come first serve" (for people who were unable to purchase a parking pass online)?   

you need to buy a parking pass to go inside to use the spaces.

Offline ennaor

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #535 on: July 06, 2015, 04:28:21 PM »
Thanks for the responses and clarity.  So now I am guessing that since both Convention Center and Hilton are full, that means parking is full for regular spaces and handicap spaces at those lots.  My hope was that handicap spaces were treated differently from the regular sale and that my father would be able to buy a handicap parking pass the day he planned to attend but from my assumptions now I am thinking that is not possible...  Thanks again for answering my question!     

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #536 on: July 06, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
Thanks for the responses and clarity.  So now I am guessing that since both Convention Center and Hilton are full, that means parking is full for regular spaces and handicap spaces at those lots.  My hope was that handicap spaces were treated differently from the regular sale and that my father would be able to buy a handicap parking pass the day he planned to attend but from my assumptions now I am thinking that is not possible...  Thanks again for answering my question!     

I would at least make the attempt to get parking. Make sure you show them your ADA parking placard.

This is just my opinion, but the Convention Center can't deny you ADA parking if there are spots available. And there have been many unused ADA parking spots every year that I have parked there.

There was a forum member a couple of years ago who said she had no problems arriving without pre-paid parking and was able to get an ADA spot when she showed them her DMV placard.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #537 on: July 06, 2015, 08:00:42 PM »

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
« Reply #538 on: July 16, 2015, 04:50:46 PM »
Question, for those with parking permits underneath the convention center -- do in/out privileges come along with holding that daily permit?

Just curious about that, in preparation for planning next year...

Thanks!
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #539 on: July 16, 2015, 04:57:01 PM »
Question, for those with parking permits underneath the convention center -- do in/out privileges come along with holding that daily permit?

Just curious about that, in preparation for planning next year...

Thanks!

No, unfortunately, there are no in-and-out privileges for the convention center underground garage.  Once you leave, that's it.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...