Author Topic: Marvel Studios, Saturday, July 23rd, 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Hall H  (Read 4648 times)

Offline tk415650

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 39
Re: Marvel 2016?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2016, 09:41:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But they had Ant-Man banners last year. So that really means nothing. With that being said though, I think they'll have a showing.

Ant Man was released within a couple weeks of Comic-con last year but the real reason there was no panel was the D23 Expo and basically as Feige had mentioned that there was nothing they could have shown that would have made a worthy panel.

Online sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »
And they did an Ant-Man panel the year before.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Marvel Studios, Saturday, July 23rd, 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Hall H
« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:59:54 AM »

Offline RustyPonds

• Gaming Lounge
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 10:53:21 AM »
Ant Man was released within a couple weeks of Comic-con last year but the real reason there was no panel was the D23 Expo and basically as Feige had mentioned that there was nothing they could have shown that would have made a worthy panel.

Exactly. So...having Marvel banners last year didn't mean Marvel panel. But as we all expect, they'll be back this year.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2016, 09:19:14 PM »
And they did an Ant-Man panel the year before.

Exactly, and it was a pretty decent sized panel: stars + a scene completely rendered just for Comic-Con. 

Marvel Studios, when they come to SDCCI, seem now to like to plan a bit in advance at the Con: not just for movies coming out a few weeks off, but often a year in advance.  For example, during the Loki entrance at the panel year (2013), Marvel had a huge GotG panel, even though that film was a year + a month(ish) out from release.  The following year, with the film out merely a few weeks after Comic-Con, Marvel had only a VERY small mention, mostly to announce the release date of Volume 2 (then just called 2).

Like I said before, I really think DR. STRANGE is the hardest sell for Marvel yet.  The mystical/magical element will be hard to get mainstream audiences into so it's in Disney/Marvel's best interests to get the crowd (who would hype the snot out of a Hall H Marvel panel of Feige farting for 45 min) buzzing for the film.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 05:21:43 AM »

the source material causing all the speculation;
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »
3:35 mark--

Gunn confirms Guardians of the Galaxy 2 will be at SDCC.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2016, 08:05:50 PM »
I TOTALLY agree about that.  I think DOCTOR STRANGE is the least mainstream Marvel film thus far, and they HAVE to create buzz in order to get the hype rolling
I also hope for a GOTG 2 appearance. 

Huh; both directors in the last week or two have said they're going to be at Comic-Con with cast & friends.
I'm not one to brag, but.... :-P

Offline agfiji

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 12:48:50 PM »
We are going to our first SDCC and would like to have decent seats for the Marvel panel.  Does this require us spending the night outside or simply getting there very early in the morning?  Sorry to ask a simple question, but again we are rookies.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
That's hard to predict.  I'd say get in line as early as you are willing to do so.  The earlier you get there, the better seats you'll have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2016, 06:13:56 PM »
We are going to our first SDCC and would like to have decent seats for the Marvel panel.  Does this require us spending the night outside or simply getting there very early in the morning?  Sorry to ask a simple question, but again we are rookies.

It is very hard to predict, as angel_k said. For example, last year for Star Wars you may not have gotten in even if you got in line the evening before (we were in mid C when we got in line at 11am.) However, for Saturday (WB, 20th Cent., etc.) people were able to get in line at 5am and still get wristbands (meaning a guaranteed spot in the hall so long as you get back into the wristband line by 7.)

It also depends on how dedicated you are to getting good seats or if you just want to be in the hall.

My general advice is to check out the line when you first arrive to the con for the day (the day before that is) and depending on the line you might want to assess when you'll want to get in line. Or, you check back in periodically to see how it is.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »

I'll say this:
IMO it's not really worth waiting forever to get "decent seats" in Hall H.  They have maybe half a dozen HUGE HD screens in the Hall, so anywhere in the Hall you will be able to see everything going on.  It's not unheard of (assuming you're with a group) for you to be able to kind of casually walk up to the front down the isle to take a pic if you're crafty and look like you're headed 'back' to a seat or something.  And I say this having spent a plethora of time in Hall H: from third row/center to see Spielberg & Pete Jackson share the stage, to fifth row for the RETURN OF THE KING panel, to almost very back/left for the Captain America/Thor panel, to almost very last row/center for Iron Man 3 (where I high-fived RDJ when he paraded down the center isle to make his way to the stage from the very back).  I'm pretty sure I've sat literally in every single section of Hall H, and provided your vision is proficient enough to see the huge screens there are no bad seats!

The SW thing, IMO, was an anomaly (I hope): the extreme hype of a) JJ Abrams b) promised plethora of guests of the OT and c) brand new Star Wars OT sequel, for the first time since the early 1980s = the "perfect storm" of excited hype.  I suspect if there is a SW ROGUE ONE panel this year it won't be as huge as last year's FORCE AWAKENS panel
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 08:36:54 AM by perc2100 »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Marvel Studios, Saturday, July 23rd, 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Hall H
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »
Official panel description:

Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige and special guests provide an inside look at the ever expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:40:58 AM by Devorah »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Marvel Studios, Saturday, July 23rd, 5:30pm - 7:00pm, Hall H
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2016, 04:17:43 PM »
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 officially confirmed.