Author Topic: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?  (Read 20112 times)

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
Re: Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 04:11:26 PM »
Virtual panels are likely   :-X

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 05:51:51 PM »
Announcing Comic-Con @ Home 2020

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC@HOME general Chat, Virtual SD Comic-Con Programming?
« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:03:56 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2020, 06:02:04 PM »
No lines?  Where's the fun in that? :)

I give CCI the benefit of the doubt that it will be a decent virtual event.  Virtual Wondercon was put on at the last minute.  They have months to come up for things for virtual comic-con.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2020, 07:01:01 PM »
THR

Comic-Con Going Virtual For 2020

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

San Diego Comic-Con 2020 might not be happening, but that doesn’t mean that there won’t be a Comic-Con this year — it’s just that it’ll happen online, with organizers Comic-Con International teasing something called, simply, Comic-Con@Home 2020.

The virtual event was announced via YouTube video last week, with a teaser that promised “free parking, comfy chairs, personalized snacks, no lines” — something that, under traditional Comic-Con situations would sound like a dream. But Comic-Con@Home shouldn’t be considered this year’s incarnation of the traditional southern Californian pop culture show, according to show organizers.

"I don't think we've really thought of it in terms of a replacement for the show,” Comic-Con International’s David Glanzer told The Hollywood Reporter via email. “I think it is an iteration that we hope will convey some of the excitement of Comic-Con in whatever format we and our stakeholders can create. We are reaching out to various entities who are usually involved in the physical show to see if, and how best, we can incorporate them into an online version.”

San Diego Comic-Con was set to take place July 23-26, but was canceled last month. Even though COVID-19 has been closing down conventions since March’s Emerald City Comic-Con, Glanzer said that Comic-Con at Home wasn’t something that CCI had been developing for awhile; instead, it’s been a surprise addition to the organization’s calendar.

“When we had to make the difficult decision to postpone WonderCon Anaheim [in April], we were a little taken aback. We never had to outright halt production on an event in the works. Then, after a time, we began to think about how we could still engage fans who wanted the experience of the WonderCon community. So the WonderCon@Home initiative was born,” he explained. “We still hoped we could have the [San Diego] Comic-Con event this summer and really hadn't spent a lot of time exploring an online component. Especially when we were already engaged in WonderCon@Home and Comic-Con Museum@Home.”

WonderCon@Home featured a mix of virtual panels and archive material from previous shows posted in the week surrounding the originally scheduled in-person event, while Comic-Con Museum@Home includes video and downloadable content centered around exhibits and material found inside the Balboa Park location. It’s unclear if either of these examples will be models for Comic-Con@Home, with details of the virtual event remaining under wraps — for one very good reason: CCI has yet to decide exactly what Comic-Con@Home is going to look like.

“There are several different ideas floating about [concerning the format and timing of the event] but we are still in the nuts-and-bolts planning phase, which is why our tease about Comic-Con@Home was deliberately void of any specifics,” Glanzer said. “But there are certainly a great many options from which to choose.”

Whatever the event ends up being, it’ll likely inform the future of Comic-Con as a whole, Glanzer believes. “I imagine there will be an online component to all our shows from now on,” he said. “It's interesting that the Comic-Con Museum, which is slated to open to the public in 2021, had always envisioned a virtual component. They've had to move things along a little faster than originally planned but I think there could be a permanent online element moving forward.”

More information about Comic-Con@Home 2020 is expected to be revealed in the coming weeks.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2020, 07:38:54 PM »
I watched the Katee Sackhoff Q&A today.  If CCI can do something like that during a virtual con, I would be satisfied.  I learned more about her and the production process than I ever did at a comic-con panel.

It's worth a viewing if you'd like insights on how the TV production process works.  She also talks about how they are going to spin up Another Life filming again in 2 months.  The thing I like most is seeing how her house is a mess like the rest of us.  The impression she gives off is that she is just a regular person with a job.  That job just happens to be in show business.  A far cry from the glamorous lives the studio's portrayed for their talent in the first half of the 20th century.  A far cry from the perfect lives many youtubers try to portray now.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2020, 01:19:39 PM »

idwpublishing Our President, Publisher, and Chief Creative Officer @Chris_Ryall and Editor-in-Chief John Barber will be hosting a virtual panel on YouTube for #ComicConAtHome! Add your questions in the comments for a chance to see them answered during the panel! #SDCCAtHome @Comic_Con

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »

Both of these guys are great.  Obviously with IDW being in San Diego both these guys have been around town over the years doing signings; IIRC Chris has given a lecture at the SDCCI Museum on the history of comics industry in San Diego (which CCI live-streamed successfully). 
This will be awesome, I think!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2020, 09:55:40 PM »

We're doing ComicCon@Home, and we're looking for questions for our cast and creators to answer for a Q&A! Ask away in the comments! #TheDragonPrince

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2020, 06:27:34 AM »
Virtual con idea I doubt they do....use the portal that we would have had for Funko/hasbro/mattel/etc lottery to randomize who gets to buy their online exclusives, you know instead of selling them to just everyone.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 07:59:16 PM »
emilythestrange_official Submit your questions in comments below! DEADLINE: Wednesday June 17th 11:59 PM (PST) Emily The Strange creator Rob Reger and Illustrator Buzz Parker would like your questions for the Q & A portion of a 2020 Comic Con Emily the Strange Virtual Panel Video that will be released sometime between July 24-28.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2020, 08:01:00 PM »
stumptownabc #Stumptown will be doing a panel for #ComicConAtHome! Comment below with your questions now and it may be asked during the panel.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2020, 08:01:44 PM »
thegoldbergsabc #TheGoldbergs will be doing a panel for #ComicConAtHome! Comment below with your questions now and it may be asked during the panel.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2020, 08:02:51 PM »
misslindsaymac So excited to moderate this virtual #SDCC panel!! Send me all your witchy questions fans! I’ll ask them and give your handle a shout out! #motherlandfortsalem #freeform #comicconathome #sandiegocomiccon #SDDC2020 #tvguide @motherlandtv @tvguide

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »
halonentertainment It’s official. #teamHalon will be presenting ‘Remote Real-Time: The Age of Virtual Production’ at #ComicConAtHome! Follow @Comic_con and our feed for time & date announcement.
#WisdomWednesday 🦉 #virtualproduction #vfx #previs #ComicConAtHome2020 #SDCCAtHome #SDCCAtHome2020

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2020, 12:40:35 PM »
thedeckster10 I did a thing. And it was absolutely amazing and brilliant! I couldn’t be more excited! And you get to see and hear all about it soon! Follow @fleetscience and @comic_con to be among the first to see the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Panel I had the pleasure of moderating for the Fleet Science Center as part of #comicconathome . What better way to talk science than by taking a closer look at some of the stories of an amazing TV show that has shown: scientists are superheroes too. For me it was a great way to celebrate a show that I’ve loved for years and that is sadly coming to an end. Huge thanks to all the amazing panelists for donating their time, expertise and passion for anything SHIELD and science :) @meltheinconvenienttruth @olivercommajames @sharlamoliver @drtroyscience @craigtitley741 @lil_henstridge @anilamadiraju #JeffreyBell @obleyo #DrVirginiaDeSa