Author Topic: C2E2: Adler After Dark: Geek Chic Episode IV! (Off Site)  (Read 1718 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
C2E2: Adler After Dark: Geek Chic Episode IV! (Off Site)
« on: March 09, 2016, 04:32:48 PM »
Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone who's in the area on the 17th!  $20 in advance, $25 at the door. I'll be there!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

March 17: Adler After Dark: Geek Chic: Episode IV

“But I was going in to Tosche Station to pick up some power convertors!”

On March 17, take the fastest speeder to Adler After Dark: Geek Chic Episode IV!

The Empire (and First Order) have dispatched some of their finest troopers, so don’t miss the 501st Stormtrooper Legion and Rebel Legion as they square off for the fate of the galaxy! For you gamers out there, Chicago band Arc Impulse will inject raw energy into classic video game tunes (The Legend of Zelda, anyone?) Grab a sample of Revolution Brewing’s new Galaxy Hero IPA, brewed exclusively for the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2).

Display your true geekiness in a battle of wits at the Fourth Annual Geek Chic Trivia Extravaganza (including timeless Dr. Who prizes and more); witness an awesome scientific spectacle as we explore the physics of superheroes through the lens of science fiction, and more. And for one night only, our friends at Adult Swim will be on hand to showcase their “Full Dome Meatwad Experience” in the museum’s Definiti Space Theater!

And don’t miss Acrobatica Infiniti Circus, Chicago’s one-and-only Nerd Circus made up of award-winning circus stars from around the world. Bringing together the art of Cosplay and extraordinary circus acts such as contortion, trapeze, acrobatics, aerial stunts, and comedy their unique show redefines the impossible. They will be performing selections from their feature show throughout the night.

Geek Chic is THE best place to let your nerd flag fly on the eve of the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo (C2E2), so don your best cosplay (and enter to win a cosmic-themed wig from our fellow nerds at Arda Wigs) and teleport on down to Adler After Dark!

Offline BuzLtBeer

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 16
Re: C2E2: Adler After Dark: Geek Chic Episode IV! (Off Site)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 06:38:28 AM »
So is this mostly for star wars themed costumes I'm guessing?  Anyone going?
Photos from C2E2 2016

Karoshi-Con 2016

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:37:03 PM »

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 01:04:12 PM »
It's any costume. It's also 21+.