Author Topic: Long Beach Comic Con  (Read 7592 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: Long Beach Comic Con
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »
Continues to be a fun show.  Bigger crowds than last year and the show has the vibe of people are going there to have fun and be geeks without the stress of the bigger shows.  As an example, there was one vendor there selling comics in bulk for $4 per pound like lunchmeat.  :)  That comes out to ~50 cents per book for those of you wondering.  Lots of cosplay at this show.

It is still a good show for the comic collector, but from what I could tell they had more floorspace, but fewer comic booths.  Last year, I wasn’t able to shop all of the booths in a single day while this year I had gone through all of them in just over half a day.  They also didn’t seem to have as many bargain bins as last year.  That being said, there was still plenty to buy and look at.  And again, they had a huge artists alley.

Counting the number of boothspaces, I believe that this show is about 1/3 the size of Wondercon in Anaheim so it’s pretty big.   No doubt in my mind that I will be going again next year.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 12:48:41 PM »
seemed to be better for the comic collectors - didn't really see anything that made me have to go. probably should've just to hang out w/ you guys but the fall is college football on saturdays and the nfl on sundays.

see you in march! :D
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:52:16 PM »

Offline MegaDoug

• Gaming Lounge
  • Comic Con, where all are accepted as they are
    • my music, my love
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Few pics from the show, spent the day enjoying the costume parade and a little bit of shopping. Had a great time, will be back next year. One day was enough, though didn't miss out on seeing it all in one day.
"while in my gut the creature writhes and snarls and tells me what I need"