Author Topic: Star Wars Celebration 2020  (Read 29192 times)

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
Re: Star Wars Celebration 2020
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2020, 09:15:57 PM »
I would rather keep the talk of cancellation of cons out of the individual con threads if possible. I know there are opinions on both sides and it is a very emotional subject for everyone, personally I have a VIP and I myself volley back and forth on feelings.

the fact that they have not cancelled says they are keeping their hopes up, especially given it is the last week of August and have ECCC in August also moving forward, but at the same time they have not started any Road to Celebration anything

2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2020, 09:29:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Celebration tickets being non-refundable doesn't give us the east advantage of cancellation like SDCC tickets. I haven't considered the resale site.  Keeping the tickets would allow us to partake in lotteries and the post-show store sale.  ReedPop hopefully will still fulfill the pre-order Merchandise portions of orders at least.
The announcements during the show, books and toys, are my highlights.  I will miss the Collectirs Panels, though like podcasts, I catch online versions anyway.
The Star Wars Show element, watching the last Celebration on YT, would the staple of any safe, virtual convention.

”In the event that we postpone or cancel Star Wars Celebration we will offer fans the option to either transfer their tickets to the new event dates or receive a full refund of their ticket order.”
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 12:03:34 PM »

Online susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2020, 04:49:50 PM »
Celebration tickets being non-refundable doesn't give us the east advantage of cancellation like SDCC tickets. I haven't considered the resale site.  Keeping the tickets would allow us to partake in lotteries and the post-show store sale.  ReedPop hopefully will still fulfill the pre-order Merchandise portions of orders at least.
The announcements during the show, books and toys, are my highlights.  I will miss the Collectirs Panels, though like podcasts, I catch online versions anyway.
The Star Wars Show element, watching the last Celebration on YT, would the staple of any safe, virtual convention.

Given the current climate, they may waive the non-refundable part like other events have been. I’m hopeful as long as it’s safe but Governor Newsom said large events are unlikely through August.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2020, 08:25:36 PM »
Given the current climate, they may waive the non-refundable part like other events have been. I’m hopeful as long as it’s safe but Governor Newsom said large events are unlikely through August.

When I read Mario's post, I read that we'd be eligible for a refund, but didn't notice the transfer part! Hopefully that's automatic too, because I haven't had much luck accessing my Showclix account.

I read the ECCC thread and the process at  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If that's the template for any postponement, any transfer will require some action on the ticket purchaser's side, if it does come to a rescheduled show.

”In the event that we postpone or cancel Star Wars Celebration we will offer fans the option to either transfer their tickets to the new event dates or receive a full refund of their ticket order.”

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2020, 05:04:54 PM »

Greetings Star Wars Celebration Fans,

We wanted to give all of you an update on Star Wars Celebration in light of the COVID-19 virus.

At Star Wars Celebration, the health and safety of our fans, attendees, exhibitors, guests and staff is our number one priority. Given global developments related to the COVID-19 virus, we want to share some of the steps Star Wars Celebration is taking to actively and continuously monitor the situation.

We are in contact with the city of Anaheim, the Anaheim Visitors Bureau, and the Anaheim Convention Center. We are committed to ensuring that our event plans meet or exceed the latest public health guidance, including that of local and state authorities as well as the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

This is a very dynamic situation, with a rapidly changing landscape.  While the opening day of Celebration is still four months away, we are actively assessing the most up to date information and following all directions from federal, state and local public health authorities regarding large public gatherings in the state of California. In the event that we postpone or cancel Star Wars Celebration we will offer all fans the option to either transfer their tickets to the new event dates or receive a full refund of their ticket order.

Additional announcements about the status of the event will be made in the coming weeks as we review the most up to date guidance from state and local health authorities. We know how much Star Wars Celebration means to all of you, and we will make every effort to give you as much advance notice as possible regarding any changes to our plans.

May the Force be with you!

The Star Wars Celebration Team

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2020, 10:28:04 AM »
Whelp. The email finally came out today that they have officially cancelled this year’s celebration and will have it rescheduled to August 18-21, 2022 in Anaheim. People have the option to transfer (and get a pin!), refund for full amount or receive credit for Celebration merchandise. Not bad options whatever people decide to do.

Sad to see it but it’s necessary. Even if Disneyland is able to be open, conventions are in themselves a different beast of crowds and logistics. So, it’s for the best.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2020, 11:16:42 AM »
No ReedPop email for me.  I did get the email from Connections Housing for the hotel cancellation.  A friend texted the not-too-disappointing news. 

FAQS.

WHY IS STAR WARSCELEBRATION ANAHEIM BEING CANCELLED?

At Star Wars Celebration, the health and safety of our fans, attendees, exhibitors, guests and staff is always our number one priority. Due to the global impact of the COVID-19 virus and in speaking with local and state authorities on the latest public health guidelines related to indoor conventions, we have made the decision to cancel Star WarsCelebration for 2020.

IS THERE A DATE SET FOR THE NEXT STAR WARSCELEBRATION?

We are happy to announce that Star Wars Celebration will return to the Anaheim Convention Center on August 18-21, 2022.

WHAT TRANSFER OR REFUND OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?

For your convenience, you may request to transfer your tickets to 2022, receive a full refund of your order (minus applicable fees), or receive a merchandise credit (plus a 10% bonus credit) for your existing order
To Request a Refund or Merchandise Credit:

To receive a full refund of your Star Wars Celebration 2020 tickets (minus applicable service fees), please click here  and submit the required information before August 26th , 2020. You will also have the option to request a merchandise credit of the value of your order. As a special thank you, fans who choose to receive a merchandise credit will also receive a 10% bonus credit.
All of the incredible, exclusive merchandise planned for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim will be available for purchase online in the not so distant future! Fans choosing to receive a ticket refund in the form of a merchandise credit will be able to use it at that time.

Please note: Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 30 days for your refund request to be processed. If you do not see a refund after 30 days, or if you have additional questions, please contact us at: [email protected]

Ticket Transfers:

If you’d like to transfer your existing ticket(s) to Star WarsCelebration 2022, no additional action is required. Your tickets will automatically be transferred to Star Wars Celebration 2022 after the ticket refund request period closes on August 26th, 2020. A new confirmation e-mail will be sent to you 6-8 weeks after that deadline.

HOW DO I GET THE EXCLUSIVE STORMTROOPER CELEBRATION PIN?

Fans will receive one (1) free exclusive Star Wars Celebration stormtrooper character pin for each 2020 event ticket that is transferred to the new 2022 dates. If you choose to transfer your tickets to 2022 and not request a refund, then no additional action is necessary on your part and the pin will automatically be shipped out to you before the end of the year.

Please note: All ticket transfers will be processed after the refund request deadline on August 26, 2020.

WHEN WILL I GET MY STORMTROOPER PIN FOR TRANSFERRING MY 2020 TICKET TO 2022?

The exclusive stormtrooper pins will go into production shortly after the refund request deadline of August 26, 2020 and will be delivered to fans before the end of the year.

Please note: Your exclusive pin(s) will be shipped to the address associated with your original ticket and merchandise order. If you need to update your shipping address please contact our customer service droids at [email protected]

HOW MANY STORMTROOPER PINS WILL I GET IF I TRANSFER MY TICKETS?

Fans will receive one (1) stormtrooper pin per transferred ticket.

Example: If a family of 4 transfers all 4 of their tickets, including kids tickets, they will receive 4 pins.

WHEN DO I NEED TO TRANSFER MY 2020 TICKETS TO 2022 IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE STORMTROOPER PIN?

Fans who wish to request a refund on their tickets and merchandise may do so at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on June 22nd. After August 26th, 2020 fans who did not opt in to receive a refund will automatically have their tickets and merchandise transferred to the new 2022 dates, and no further action is required on your part. Your exclusive stormtrooper pin will ship before the end of the year!

WHERE WILL MY STORMTROOPER PIN SHIP TO?

The stormtrooper pins will ship to the address provided on your original 2020 ticket order. If you need to update your shipping address please contact our customer service droids at [email protected]

WHAT IF I HAD A HOTEL RESERVATION FOR THE 2020 SHOW?

For reservations made through our official hotel partner, Connections Housing:

For your convenience, we have automatically cancelled your hotel reservation on your behalf at no cost to you.  Should you wish to keep your reservation with the current dates, please contact the hotel reservation team at Connections Housing any time Monday - Friday 6am - 3pm PST (702-476-6976)
As a thank you for being a loyal Star Wars Celebration fan, you will have first-access to the official hotel booking site when Star Wars Celebration returns to the Anaheim Convention Center, August 18-21, 2022.

For all other hotel reservations:

If you did not make your hotel reservation through our official provider, Connections Housing, we recommend contacting the service provider the reservation was booked through, or directly contacting the hotel at which your reservation was made.

WHAT IF I PRE-ORDERED STAR WARS CELEBRATION 2020 MERCHANDISE?

Fans who have pre-ordered merchandise may choose to keep their existing order, or may request a refund by clicking here once the refund request process opens on June 22nd, 2020 at 12PM PST.

Please note: All of the incredible, exclusive merchandise planned for Star Wars Celebration Anaheim will be available for purchase online in the not so distant future! Fans choosing to receive a ticket refund in the form of a merchandise credit will be able to use it at that time.

Product Shipping: Merchandise orders for Star Wars Celebration are expect to start shipping by November 2020.

WHAT IF I APPLIED FOR THE ART SHOW, OR SUBMITTED PROGRAMMING AND CONTENT IDEAS?

We thank all those who submitted fan programming for Star WarsCelebration 2020. Those who submitted ideas for this year’s event will have first-access to the submission process for Star Wars Celebration 2022. In the meantime, check back often and as new and exciting opportunities develop to engage the Star Wars community and content creators.

HAVE QUESTIONS NOT ANSWERED HERE?

Email our customer support droids any time [email protected] we’ll be happy to help.

From Twitter, this may have been the email  text?

Edit:  got the email 6/16 8pm.

FAQS updated:

WHAT TRANSFER OR REFUND OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE?

For your convenience, you may request to transfer your tickets to 2022, receive a refund of your order conveniently via PayPal (minus $3.99 per ticket processing fee), or receive a merchandise credit (plus a 10% bonus credit) for your existing order.

To Request a Refund or Merchandise Credit:

To receive a refund of your Star Wars Celebration 2020 tickets conveniently via PayPal (minus $3.99 per ticket processing fee), please click here to submit your request before August 26th, 2020. You may also request a merchandise credit of the value of your order. As a special thank you, fans who choose to receive a merchandise credit will also receive a 10% bonus credit which can be used towards exciting, exclusive merchandise opportunities to be announced later this year!

Please note: Due to the high volume of requests, please allow 30 days for your refund request to be processed. If you do not see a refund after 30 days, or if you have additional questions, please contact us at: [email protected]

Ticket Transfers:

If you’d like to transfer your existing ticket(s) to Star Wars Celebration 2022, no additional action is required. Your tickets will automatically be transferred to Star Wars Celebration 2022 after the ticket refund request period closes on August 26th, 2020. A new confirmation e-mail will be sent to you 6-8 weeks after the refund request period closes.

I DON’T HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT. WHAT CAN I DO?

Lyte uses PayPal as the payment method for transactions. Setting up a PayPal account is easy, and you can transfer funds from PayPal directly to your checking account.

Visit the PayPal website to set up an account.

If you are unable to set up a PayPal account for your refund, please contact our customer service droids at [email protected]

Please note: All refunds processed outside of PayPal may take up to 6-8 weeks to complete.

I EXCHANGED MY TICKET ON LYTE, BUT I WANT TO TRANSFER TO 2022 INSTEAD.

Please contact our customer service droids at [email protected] with your order information and request to reactivate your tickets for 2022.   

WHAT IF I PRE-ORDERED STAR WARS CELEBRATION 2020 MERCHANDISE?

Fans who have pre-ordered merchandise may choose to keep their existing order or may request a refund by clicking here.

WHEN WILL MY EXISTING MERCHANDISE SHIP?

Fans who choose to keep their merchandise orders for Star Wars Celebration can expect shipping to start shipping by November 2020.

WHEN WILL I RECEIVE MY MERCHANDISE CREDIT, AND HOW CAN I USE IT?

Fans who opt for a merchandise credit as part of the ticket refund process will receive an exclusive, unique code that can be used to purchase merchandise through exciting opportunities available before the end of the year. Codes will be sent to the e-mail associated with your original order within 4-6 weeks of the request period ending. The refund request period is currently scheduled to close on August 26th, 2020. 

« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 07:10:44 PM by SamTurtledove »

Online susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »
I didn’t get a email either. Just saw it on my news feed. Wonder if they’ll cancel Star Wars Disneyland night too?

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2020, 11:33:09 AM »
It’s just been announced that Star Wars Nite is being postponed but no details.

Offline chirigami

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 74
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2020, 11:55:14 AM »
It was a bit jarring to see the new date, but Celebration hasn't always been every year.  And I think D23 is next year which would be probably around August, so Disney would probably settle to put more focus onto that next year.

Weird that a bunch of people didn't get an email xD I got it around 9am.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2020, 12:03:27 PM »
I think you only got an email if you’re the one who bought tickets.  Celebration badges aren’t assigned to emails at purchase, so if someone else bought for you, you wouldn’t be emailed.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »
I am slow on the uptake. I read that we do not need to do anything if we want the tickets transferred. Is that right?

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2020, 03:32:09 PM »
That’s correct.

Online susanml10881

• Hall H
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:36 PM »
It’s just been announced that Star Wars Nite is being postponed but no details.

They did the same thing with Villains after dark. Still no announcement on a new date. I’m guessing they don’t want to outright cancel and issue refunds but it won’t be the same without Celebration and a lot of people got tickets to go to both. Some people might not be able to attend a new date

Disneyland is scheduled to tentatively reopen mid July

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2020, 08:39:43 PM »
With credit to SamTurtledove in the SDCC 2020 Hallmark Pop Minded Exclusives thread, from:

Due to the cancellation of Emerald City Comic Con, Planet Comicon Kansas City and Star Wars Celebration, exclusives planned for those events will no longer be available. Stay tuned for more information regarding exclusives specific to Star Wars Celebration.