Author Topic: Introductions/Welcome Thread  (Read 196806 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Introductions/Welcome Thread
« Reply #1185 on: April 20, 2018, 12:18:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, someone else actually started calling me it and it reminded me of E.T. too, so no worries. I like it either way.

Sorry, I mentioned Vikings because last year they had a funeral procession or something that forced the latter half of the Hall H line to be relocated along the harbor towards the Sea Port village--it was a whole thing that added to the confusion of the Hall H line. I don't actually watch Vikings:-[

In general, I just like a good story and fun characters. If something has that, I'll probably be into it.

[...]

Ahhh, gotcha.  No worries about Vikings, ha ha.  ;p

Some points here and there I want to hit on, since you mentioned them (ha ha), [member=8011]ET[/member]:

I love The Lord of the Rings!  I'm a big fan of the novels as well as the movies.  I still think they were better than The Hobbit films, despite the more advanced CGI the latter ones have, ha ha.  I love movie and video game scores, and The Lord of the Rings is still one of my favorites to this day.  There's something about the theme for the Fellowship of the Ring and "Concerning Hobbits" that's so moving.

I'm a pretty avid gamer, much to my dismay at times.  One might even say I'm addicted to them, ha ha.  (See, I would respond with "No, not addicted! I'm just dedicated!"  Ha ha.)  Kingdom Hearts, The Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Pokemon, Persona, Castlevania, and the Batman: Arkham series are among some of my favorite series.  I too am a little burnt out by the level-grinding in some turn-based RPGs, but I'm currently playing Kingdom Hearts Union Cross on my phone.  Because its game play system is very similar to Chain of Memories, I'm not particularly fond of it, and there are too many raid boss events these days.  It's rather tedious now >__<.  I personally prefer a more action-based RPG like the original Kingdom Hearts PlayStation console games themselves or even Batman: Arkham games and Prince of Persia, but I'm curious to see how this Kingdom Hearts prequel story line goes.  I also enjoy interacting with my party/guild members.  ^__^ Ha ha.

Oh, Fullmetal Alchemist is a good one!  I recommend that to my ESL/EFL students when they want to try reading more in English for fun.  I especially liked the Brotherhood anime, which was basically word-for-word from the manga.  Ha ha.  I'm actually super behind on my anime right now though.  I've heard many good things about One Punch Man.  A lot of my friends really liked that series and said it was hilarious. 

These days, I've mostly been watching American movies or sticking to a few current TV series because of lack of free time.  I like watching movies nowadays because it's done in two or so hours.  They're not like a TV or anime series, which requires a larger time commitment, ha ha.  However, there are a ton of anime series and TV shows on my "to-watch" list.  Also, you can't go wrong with Studio Ghibli and Pixar either.  Visit the Studio Ghibli museum in Japan if you ever do some traveling in Japan.  It's so cool!

As for reading books for leisure... I haven't done that since high school.  The last book I read was a textbook on forensic pathology for my grad school classes.  *laughs*

That's all for now.  ^__^/

Hello :)

My name is Cynthia. I've been attending SDCC since 2007,  WC since its move to Anaheim. I attended Latino Comics & Expo in Long Beach once too. I live in California, north of LA in the valley. I actually joined this forum back 2013 and then forgot my login information. Lol.

I have a lot of Fandoms across books and comics, film, and television: Harry Potter, LOTR, The Walking Dead, The Sandman, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, B5, SG1, Star Trek and Star Wars, X-Files, and so much more. These are just off the top of my head. I LOVE science fiction and fantasy. I'm a science nerd, too.

I appreciate this forum. So many of you ready to help with questions and advice.

Welcome back to the forums, [member=7667]pyxidis[/member]!  It's great to have you join us again.

I love sci-fi and fantasy too!  Yay for another fellow science nerd.  *high fives*

(I'm two seasons behind on The Walking Dead... :X Ha ha.  Shhhh, don't tell anyone.  XD)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:39:07 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #1186 on: May 22, 2018, 10:32:59 PM »
Hi, all.  Didn't know about this thread.  I'm relatively new here.  Been going to SDCC since 2012, if I remember correctly.  This year, I've finally settled on a housing strategy I will be using for the rest of my years going to SDCC, unless OnPeak changes things up. 

Last year, my daughter and I got really good seats at a panel she wanted to see.  Our strategy worked, so we hashed out our plan for this year. 

For whatever reason, I'm super excited about this year, even though I'm guessing the my beloved Star Wars won't be in Hall H.  :(  I did get my chance to be in there when they were there last.  That was super awesome.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1187 on: Today at 09:13:25 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1187 on: May 22, 2018, 10:46:49 PM »
Hi, all.  Didn't know about this thread.  I'm relatively new here.  Been going to SDCC since 2012, if I remember correctly.  This year, I've finally settled on a housing strategy I will be using for the rest of my years going to SDCC, unless OnPeak changes things up. 

Last year, my daughter and I got really good seats at a panel she wanted to see.  Our strategy worked, so we hashed out our plan for this year. 

For whatever reason, I'm super excited about this year, even though I'm guessing the my beloved Star Wars won't be in Hall H.  :(  I did get my chance to be in there when they were there last.  That was super awesome.

Welcome to the forums, [member=8132]puppy[/member]!  (Officially, ha ha!)  Glad that you could join us in our community.

What panel was it that your daughter was excited to see last year?

For me, as it gets closer and closer to Comic-Con, I'll be more excited.  Right now, I've been mostly focusing on researching for and writing my thesis paper, so.... I'm not really feeling the excitement yet.  XD  Ideally, when it's around Comic-Con-time in July, I hope to be relatively done with my research project and thesis, so that'll help too, ha ha!

Other than Star Wars, what are some other things you're a fan of?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ceddyced

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #1188 on: May 23, 2018, 10:37:56 AM »
Hello :)

My name is Cynthia. I've been attending SDCC since 2007,  WC since its move to Anaheim. I attended Latino Comics & Expo in Long Beach once too. I live in California, north of LA in the valley. I actually joined this forum back 2013 and then forgot my login information. Lol.

I have a lot of Fandoms across books and comics, film, and television: Harry Potter, LOTR, The Walking Dead, The Sandman, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, B5, SG1, Star Trek and Star Wars, X-Files, and so much more. These are just off the top of my head. I LOVE science fiction and fantasy. I'm a science nerd, too.

I appreciate this forum. So many of you ready to help with questions and advice.

Welcome fellow Valleyite. We are all one big happy family here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Destruct sequence 1 code 1 1 A.
SDCC 2000-2019

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #1189 on: May 23, 2018, 04:13:23 PM »
Welcome to the forums, [member=8132]puppy[/member]!  Other than Star Wars, what are some other things you're a fan of?

Star Wars!  LOL. 

I can't remember what we went to see last year, because really, it was just for her.  I have no idea who the guy was, but it was fun all the same.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1190 on: May 24, 2018, 05:07:44 PM »
Star Wars!  LOL. 

I can't remember what we went to see last year, because really, it was just for her.  I have no idea who the guy was, but it was fun all the same.

Bwuhahahahahaha!  XD  Nothing wrong with that, [member=8132]puppy[/member].  I think if SWC 2019 were in Anaheim, I'd probably go... ^__^;

Gotcha, ha ha.  I hope this year you can see some things you'd like to check out this time around.

Offline daevide

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #1191 on: June 07, 2018, 08:11:54 AM »
Hello, first time posting on here since a friend said i should sign up. I have been going to SDCC since 2011. My best friend, also a member of the forum, took me to my first one and I have been HOOKED ever since!

My fandoms are Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, Star Wars, Funko, Harry Potter, Penny Dreadful, Grimm & a lot more,lol. I could be here all day listing them. I live in New Orleans, land of tourists and oppressive summer heat.

I am not good at this introduction phase,lol. What else should I add?

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #1192 on: June 07, 2018, 08:19:06 AM »
My best friend, also a member of the forum, took me to my first one and I have been HOOKED ever since!
That's me! I'm the best friend! Hahah so glad you finally got here!
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1193 on: June 07, 2018, 09:25:11 AM »
Hello, first time posting on here since a friend said i should sign up. I have been going to SDCC since 2011. My best friend, also a member of the forum, took me to my first one and I have been HOOKED ever since!

My fandoms are Wonder Woman, Steven Universe, Star Wars, Funko, Harry Potter, Penny Dreadful, Grimm & a lot more,lol. I could be here all day listing them. I live in New Orleans, land of tourists and oppressive summer heat.

I am not good at this introduction phase,lol. What else should I add?

Welcome to the forums, [member=6752]daevide[/member]!  Glad that you could join us in our community.  Are you as just awesome as [member=2714]catvonawesome[/member]?  (Or, perhaps it's a tie?) XD

All very good fandoms, and you're totally right about being able to list them all day.  *laughs*

What do you like to do or see at SDCC?

Offline daevide

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #1194 on: June 07, 2018, 10:19:05 AM »
Steven Universe panel, any panels specifically about women characters/writers in comics/movies, ANY panel that will even mention Wonder Women,lol. And I love offsites (my favorite last year was the offsite for the Blade Runner movie)

Offline nettagyrl

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #1195 on: August 19, 2018, 08:03:37 PM »
Hi all! I have been hearing about this forum from Cat, so i finally decided to take the plunge and join! Been going to SDCC since 2007 and have not looked back. So hi! look forward to enjoying this.

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
« Reply #1196 on: August 19, 2018, 08:07:45 PM »
Hi all! I have been hearing about this forum from Cat, so i finally decided to take the plunge and join! Been going to SDCC since 2007 and have not looked back. So hi! look forward to enjoying this.

Yay! I got another one here!! I met [member=8389]nettagyrl[/member] through [member=6752]daevide[/member] who met her in line at the Adult Swim funhouse a few years ago! We've been a super crew ever since! I wish I could post our GOT experience video here. :D
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline meecheles

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #1197 on: August 22, 2018, 10:19:34 AM »
Hello! Everyone, I probably should have introduced myself sooner but here I am.
I've only been going to SDCC since 2017.  My first year attending was purely by luck. I was always told not to bother trying to get a badge because you will never get picked or it was to expensive neither true.
I took the plunge in 2017 signed up for a member id and got Thursday/Sunday.  Of course I was shocked .. when I told my husband and friends they couldn't believe it but still had no desires to attend.

Well this year I got Friday/Sat because I thought two days would be enough. Well it wasn't but I was OK just being able to attend. I found line buddies and was able to get into Hall H and ballroom 20. Those same friends as well as my husband went everyday just to hang outside watch the cosplay and attend  all of the fabulous events around SDCC.

I cant say my friends will ever venture inside but my husband is now excited to attend 2019 SDCC. 

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1198 on: August 26, 2018, 12:13:35 PM »

@nettagyrl: Welcome to the forums!  Glad that you could join us.

What are some of your favorite fandoms?  ^__^

Hello! Everyone, I probably should have introduced myself sooner but here I am.
I've only been going to SDCC since 2017.  My first year attending was purely by luck. I was always told not to bother trying to get a badge because you will never get picked or it was to expensive neither true.
I took the plunge in 2017 signed up for a member id and got Thursday/Sunday.  Of course I was shocked .. when I told my husband and friends they couldn't believe it but still had no desires to attend.

Well this year I got Friday/Sat because I thought two days would be enough. Well it wasn't but I was OK just being able to attend. I found line buddies and was able to get into Hall H and ballroom 20. Those same friends as well as my husband went everyday just to hang outside watch the cosplay and attend  all of the fabulous events around SDCC.

I cant say my friends will ever venture inside but my husband is now excited to attend 2019 SDCC.

Welcome to the forum community, @meecheles! 

I'm glad you were able to find some cool friends at Comic-Con this year to hang out with.  Definitely stick around the forums, and perhaps join a meet-up or two at next year's convention to meet with other fans from this forum as well!

What are some of your favorite fandoms?

Offline meecheles

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #1199 on: August 27, 2018, 06:09:14 AM »
My favorite fandoms are Wonder Woman, Super girl . Thor, Aqua man and many more. I could go on for days talking about it. Yes I will hangout on this forum . Hopefully I will be able to meet some new people.