Author Topic: Waitlist/Booking/Missed my Window Question! (Need an answer)  (Read 1208 times)

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
So, I usually check my email profusely because i was waiting on this Waitlist email, got backed up at my job (I work for Amazon.com - it's graduation season, we get hella busy!) and didn't check my email for 4 days. Because you know, this far out, i'm thinking, everything's over and done. Well, low & behold, i got a waitlist email! But! i checked it on the 16th (this morning at 1 am) and saw that it was sent on the 13th, and I had 48 hours to book before it expired. ok. so, i missed my Waitlist Window of Opportunity.

But wait.. there's more...

the hotel that i wanted, which was #5 on my list of hotels is available and I want to book it. if i book it, will i still be able to get a full refund and not fall victim to the cancellation fee gods??! I see that it says if you booked during the April process, somewhere...

help? maybe? a little? :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
Re: Waitlist/Booking/Missed my Window Question! (Need an answer)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, I usually check my email profusely because i was waiting on this Waitlist email, got backed up at my job (I work for Amazon.com - it's graduation season, we get hella busy!) and didn't check my email for 4 days. Because you know, this far out, i'm thinking, everything's over and done. Well, low & behold, i got a waitlist email! But! i checked it on the 16th (this morning at 1 am) and saw that it was sent on the 13th, and I had 48 hours to book before it expired. ok. so, i missed my Waitlist Window of Opportunity.

But wait.. there's more...

the hotel that i wanted, which was #5 on my list of hotels is available and I want to book it. if i book it, will i still be able to get a full refund and not fall victim to the cancellation fee gods??! I see that it says if you booked during the April process, somewhere...

help? maybe? a little? :)

Check out these posts about refunds and waitlist rooms in the SDCC 2016 Hotel Discussion Thread:

Please feel free to post additional questions in that thread.  Hope that helps a bit, and good luck!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Friends of Comic Cons