Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26687 times)

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
Are we assuming it's in July still or you mean would go tomorrow?  A lot depends on if I have had it and where we are at.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
It depends on how contained they virus is and how soon vaccines and medications are available. If we’re at the level China is now by, say, next month (HIGHLY doubtful), then I’ll consider it. Also, if we have the option to defer to next year so we don’t have to go through Registration again, I’m taking it, no matter if SDCC is happening this year or not. 

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
After seeing what happened at the Malaysian mosque...no.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Yes, I would go and then self-isolate for at least 14 days whether or not I have symptoms.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It depends on how contained they virus is and how soon vaccines and medications are available. If we’re at the level China is now by, say, next month (HIGHLY doubtful), then I’ll consider it. Also, if we have the option to defer to next year so we don’t have to go through Registration again, I’m taking it, no matter if SDCC is happening this year or not.
Any major medical professional is saying at least 18 months for a vaccine to be ready....so don't think it will be here in July.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001

agreed, further, the hospitals need to be recover & back to their normal capacity. There's a **lot** of unknowns which is why i made this poll changable. IOW, it's a living poll- if we get into late may & we're still in lots of problems, likely the poll will reflect that.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
  :blank:

With the Con’s lines to get into lines, packed rooms, jammed walkways and “security” screaming spittle everywhere, it is a virus’ wet dream. Everyone is in an at-risk group. Take care, stay inside, wash.

Offline Jason

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
I am a couple of days away from changing to no from yes with disinfectant. I am not easily scared but this has me terrified.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
I am a couple of days away from changing to no from yes with disinfectant. I am not easily scared but this has me terrified.

Agreed, Newsom's assessment of the upcoming need for hospital beds is scary. The talk of taking over college dorms & hotels is reminiscent of every disaster movie I've ever seen.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Agreed, Newsom's assessment of the upcoming need for hospital beds is scary. The talk of taking over college dorms & hotels is reminiscent of every disaster movie I've ever seen.i

Agree.  This whole thing feels very much like a movie.  It's been very surreal.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
A bad movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
A bad movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
After reading this I may need to change my vote!

2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
There is no need to take the risk. Just plan for 2021. And lets hope SDCC lets us keep our badges for next year.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Well, we'll see where things are in April.  I for one am trying to be optimistic here, so we shall see.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"