Author Topic: Useful items to take to SDCC  (Read 154184 times)

Offline buffyandstuff

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Re: Useful items to take to SDCC
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2015, 08:13:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
As jristen said, if just wandering then no chair is needed, but if planning on waiting in lines to attend Hall H or Ballroom 20 a small compact chair is good. Last year was my first time attending and I knew I was going to be a line junkie for H and B20, so I bought a compact chair from Five Below. It was small enough to fit in my suitcase and light enough to carry all day without it getting in my way. Since the chair only cost me $5, I had no plans on bringing it back home. The chair lasted me from Thurs to Sat before it died, so if you need something simple and have a Five Below store near you, it's something to consider that you can toss later if desired. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

5 bucks?! I should just get it anyways at that price! Thanks for the tip!!

Edit: Oh nvevermind...no fivebelow stores in CA. Bummer.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:16:17 AM by buffyandstuff »

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #271 on: May 10, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »
Unless you want to spend a few hours in the E.R. I would suggest bringing Benadryl in the unfortunate case something bites you and you have a reaction to it. Claritin can slow the swelling but Benadryl will prevent a full blown reaction, downside though is that it will make you drowsy.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #272 on: Today at 04:21:04 AM »

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #272 on: May 12, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »
As far as posters are concerned, what my boyfriend and I do is buy a poster shipping canister from Omni (2 or 3 floor has a postal store) and then we mail it back to ourselves. There's also a post office store with all those supplies a couple blocks away from the Omni.

Offline TheOtherMel

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 125
« Reply #273 on: May 12, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »
Frogg Toggs cooling towels that you wrap around your neck seem to work for keeping cool.
Twitter feed: @mel641

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #274 on: June 01, 2015, 11:20:11 AM »
Just bought a couple of these on Amazon. 3200mAh external charger. This should charge a cell phone a couple times and is very small. Only $12.99 on sale and can just slide in your pocket with your phone. The bigger 12,000 mAh ones are only $35 and those will charge a phone many times over. Good deals!

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #275 on: June 12, 2015, 05:57:55 AM »

Con season is here! Time is ticking away and San Diego Comic-Con will be here before you know it.  If you’re reading this, chances are you are planning for a convention (SDCC or otherwise) and you have started making your list — you know, the list of things you need MUST pull together before the big convention.

Last year we hosted our first Comic Con Survival Pack Giveaway and now we’re back with ANOTHER huge giveaway.  Thanks to our partners TYLT, Seagate & Timbuk2, we have pulled together an amazing price pack, full of “necessities,” that will keep you going all con long!

NOTE: You DO NOT have to be going to SDCC to enter.  This giveaway is open to all (must meet eligibility requirements).

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #276 on: June 16, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »
Does anyone have a good amazon link to those hard plastic things to put artwork and photo ops in?

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #277 on: June 16, 2015, 04:49:30 PM »
Helix Document Tube, Expands from 28 to 49-Inches, Large (61500) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Or Nozlen Expanding Document Poster Tube Large 24 1/2 Inches up to 40 Inches - 3.5" Diameter - Black Document Storage Tube Made of Heavy Duty Plastic with Clear ID Card Cap - Water and Light Resistant - Telescoping For Posters, Artwork and Drawings Model DT3001 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #278 on: June 16, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »
Helix Document Tube, Expands from 28 to 49-Inches, Large (61500) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Or Nozlen Expanding Document Poster Tube Large 24 1/2 Inches up to 40 Inches - 3.5" Diameter - Black Document Storage Tube Made of Heavy Duty Plastic with Clear ID Card Cap - Water and Light Resistant - Telescoping For Posters, Artwork and Drawings Model DT3001 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I find I often end up with things I don't want to roll and end up buying those plastic things from booths on the floor... I don't know what they're called so I don't know how to search for them lol

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #279 on: June 16, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »

I find I often end up with things I don't want to roll and end up buying those plastic things from booths on the floor... I don't know what they're called so I don't know how to search for them lol
Are these what you're looking for? (1) 24X36 Poster Topload Holders - Rigid Plastic Sleeves - BCW Brand You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline molloki

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #280 on: June 17, 2015, 12:38:47 PM »
I am like 90% sure those are the things!  You're good at this!

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #281 on: June 17, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »

I am like 90% sure those are the things!  You're good at this!
thanks!! My actual job is evaluating and rating web search results so it's kind of a must for me to be! Lol

Offline s3rndpt

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #282 on: June 28, 2015, 09:07:21 AM »
New thing I'm bringing with me this year: solar charger. I picked up this last week: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Granted, it may be a little overkill for Comic Con, but I'm using this as a test for a hiking trip I'm taking in September. And god knows trying to snag an outlet to recharge your phone/tablet is a giant pain in the ass at the con. And there's nothing worse than being stuck in one of those lines waiting for a panel without something to entertain you. I mean, I love talking to people around me, but I can only handle so much social interaction with strangers per day.

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #283 on: June 28, 2015, 10:44:38 AM »
I'm curious how well that charger works.
I know solar is all the rage (again), like cold fusion, but it's still not very efficient.
BUT I've seen solar back up genies now that actually might be worth spending money on.
Not the same scale as you are using but I'm hopeful.
Durability is the major concern with anything solar.
Thanks for sharing that item.
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Offline mtriple

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #284 on: June 29, 2015, 12:09:02 PM »
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it already but Quest Bars are a must: