Author Topic: SDCC 2022 Volunteer Discussion  (Read 17721 times)

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 52
Re: SDCC 2022 Volunteer Discussion
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2022, 09:20:36 AM »
I received an email last night that the volunteer registration for the interest list opens 5/31 at 10 am pacific.  Just wanted to make sure all my fellow first time volunteers got the info  :)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2022, 09:39:20 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I received an email last night that the volunteer registration for the interest list opens 5/31 at 10 am pacific.  Just wanted to make sure all my fellow first time volunteers got the info  :)

Thank you...excellent!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #122 on: Today at 04:42:18 AM »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2022, 10:52:06 AM »

Question...

It's been so long, I don't remember...

Does an email go out if the volunteer interest list is full and no longer taking submissions.  Just curious.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2022, 11:05:15 AM »
Question...

Does an email go out if the volunteer interest list is full and no longer taking submissions.  Just curious.

I was also wondering that.  This is my first time trying to volunteer so I have never really paid attention to this stuff until now

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2022, 10:21:46 PM »
Question...

While the link remains in the dropdown,  the "Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Interest List" no longer available to Add To Cart.

Other than the email, the disclaimer in the Interest List sign up stated that the date and time of the Registration will not be published online.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 10:42:03 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #125 on: May 30, 2022, 12:27:15 AM »
Just for clarification, the registration is only for those on Interest List, and not for returning volunteers, correct?

And is this registration also first come first serve? Or you just have to complete it anytime within the time window?

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #126 on: May 30, 2022, 04:57:26 AM »
Just for clarification, the registration is only for those on Interest List, and not for returning volunteers, correct?

And is this registration also first come first serve? Or you just have to complete it anytime within the time window?

This will be first come, first served.  See below.

From their website: "Second Round: After the Daily Volunteer Interest List signups close, Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration will open for those on the Interest List and any returning daily volunteers who did not register in the first round. Registration will remain open until the program’s capacity has been reached. "

It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #127 on: May 30, 2022, 02:04:21 PM »

It's for people on the interest list and for returning volunteers that didn't register during the first round.  It's first come, first served.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2022, 10:02:24 AM »

"Welcome to Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration – Round 2!"

Smoothly loaded up on time. Good Luck!

Daily Volunteers

Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration is now open! If you are a returning daily volunteer or if you signed up for the Daily Volunteer Interest List, follow the instructions below to register. Daily Volunteer Registration will remain open on a first-come, first-served basis until the program’s capacity is reached.

We always encourage you to keep an eye on this page and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Toucan – the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon – for the latest volunteer announcements.

Daily Volunteer Registration

Round 2 of Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration is now open for those on the Daily Volunteer Interest List and any returning daily volunteers who did not register in the first round. A returning daily volunteer is anyone who was registered as a daily volunteer for Comic-Con 2020.

If you’re eligible to participate in Daily Volunteer Registration, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account, select “Daily Volunteers” from the top menu bar, then click “Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration” to access the form. Daily Volunteer Registration will remain open until the program’s capacity has been reached.

Returning Daily Volunteers

Comic-Con 2022 Returning Daily Volunteer Registration closed on Friday, May 13, 2022. As a returning daily volunteer, you must have registered online by this deadline for guaranteed admission to our Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Program.

Returning daily volunteers who did not register during Returning Daily Volunteer Registration may register now during Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration. Daily Volunteer Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, and capacity is limited! We encourage you to register as soon as possible.

Daily Volunteer Interest List

Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Interest List signups are now closed. If you did not sign up for the Interest List, you will not be able to participate in the Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Program.

Information regarding volunteering opportunities at WonderCon 2023 will be available on the WonderCon Volunteers page and on our social media sites in early 2023. Make sure to be on the lookout for it!

Daily Volunteer Registration Timeline for 2022

First Round: Comic-Con 2022 Returning Daily Volunteer Registration opened Monday, May 2, 2022, for those who were registered to be a daily volunteer for Comic-Con 2020 or who were pre-approved by the Daily Volunteer Department. Returning Daily Volunteer Registration closed on Friday, May 13, 2022.

Interest List: Shortly after Returning Daily Volunteer Registration closed, the Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Interest List opened for signups. It closed on May 27.

Second Round: After the Daily Volunteer Interest List signups closed, Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration opened on May 31 for those on the Interest List and any returning daily volunteers who did not register in the first round. Registration will remain open until the program’s capacity has been reached.

We thank ALL of our volunteers – past, present, and future – for their help and enthusiasm in making Comic-Con and WonderCon great experiences for all!

« Last Edit: May 31, 2022, 10:11:28 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2022, 10:20:10 AM »
I'M BACK BABY!!!!! Just signed up, so I won't be sitting out the Con this year.

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2022, 10:21:56 AM »
I was able to get through smoothly between patients!  I was rushing because I wasn't sure how competitive it was going to be but I think I got it right.  The pre con shift question--were we supposed to check the box if we were interested in those?  Or was it an I am not interested box?  I was doing a quick skim and after it was done started second guessing myself.

Offline Old Man Grey

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 258
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2022, 10:26:47 AM »
I assumed it was to indicate that you were willing to do a pre con shift, so I checked it.

Offline karli2067

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2022, 10:28:56 AM »
ok good that is what I thought too.  I was just thinking way too hard about it after I was done.  I know those are probably in high demand but I wanted to make sure I at least gave myself a chance

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2022, 10:31:25 AM »
The pre con shift question--were we supposed to check the box if we were interested in those?

Yes, it's to get on the pre-con shift interest list.  If it works like it has before, a couple of weeks before comic-con that interest list will open up for signups.

Offline takit0

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2022, 10:32:14 AM »
I can't believe how smooth that was, compared to the first round and interest list sign ups.
2023: SDCC & Fantastic Fest
2024: ...