Author Topic: Good places to eat in anaheim  (Read 70774 times)

Yzrfan

Good places to eat in anaheim
« on: January 13, 2013, 09:43:27 AM »
At the request of others, here's the thread on good places to eat next to the Anaheim convention center (walking/ short taxi drive). Sounds like most will be staying close to the convention center/Disneyland. In downtime Disney you have the house of blues, espnzone, Catel, tortilla joes, Naples, jazz kitchen, and Earl of sandwich. In the garden walk, east of the con and about 5 minutes walking you have Cheesecake Factory, PF changs, McCormick Schmidt and bubba gump shrimp and some other places. South on harbor boulevard you have a red Robbin,  Joe's Crab Shack,Morton's, and other places. Ill post more places when I can remember or next time I'm up there taking the kids to Disneyland.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Good places to eat in anaheim
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 10:53:58 AM »
Roscoe's should be open by March. Harbor and Orangethorpe so about 1-2 lights down the street.

If you have a car, you're only a few lights away from K-Town and Little Saigon for some Asian food...

Thanks for putting together the list yrzfan! I know that was the complaint last year that there weren't as many food options in Anaheim.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:04:08 PM »

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58:56 AM »
Definitely check out Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles when it opens for some major southern food goodness. Their Mac and Cheese is to die for. Also Earl of Sandwich at Downtown Disney is worth checking out. It's the only one on the west coast and their sandwiches are world class. Other than that, the food places are pretty generic down here.

Yzrfan

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 12:32:05 PM »
Of course you have the staple of fast food on harbor.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 01:44:15 PM »
those bagets (sp?) sound like they're worth the trip....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Yzrfan

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 03:14:36 PM »
They are. When they are fresh they taste mmmmmmmm. Just don't think about how bad they are for you when your face is covered in powder sugar and your fingers are coated in grease.

Yzrfan

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:26:19 PM »
My bad I forgot downtown Disney also has a rainforest cafe. The closest Starbucks to the con is going to be in hotel next to the con.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 07:39:24 AM »
It sounds like you pretty much have the list covered, Yrzfan!

Yzrfan

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 07:43:56 AM »
I grew up and still live in Southern California. Been going to Disneyland since is was a kid, so know my way around a little.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 04:16:05 PM »
At the request of others, here's the thread on good places to eat next to the Anaheim convention center (walking/ short taxi drive). Sounds like most will be staying close to the convention center/Disneyland. In downtime Disney you have the house of blues, espnzone, Catel, tortilla joes, Naples, jazz kitchen, and Earl of sandwich. In the garden walk, east of the con and about 5 minutes walking you have Cheesecake Factory, PF changs, McCormick Schmidt and bubba gump shrimp and some other places. South on harbor boulevard you have a red Robbin,  Joe's Crab Shack,Morton's, and other places. Ill post more places when I can remember or next time I'm up there taking the kids to Disneyland.

I really enjoy Napoles.  The restaurant is nice, and they have a next door carry-out place where you can get a panino or a slice on the go (for fairly inexpensive).  We go there often on our Disney trips (my family as Annual Passes so we come up from San Diego a few times a month).
There's also a great bakery at the end of Downtown Disney that is closest to the security checkpoint to get into the parks called La Brea Bakery.  They have good breakfast sandwiches & panini.  Another restaurant in Downtown Disney is the Rainforest Cafe: it's close to the far end of Downtown Disney, near the monorail.

There is a great restaurant inside the Disneyland Hotel called the 55 Steakhouse.  It's hardly ever crowded (right next to Goofy's Kitchen, a good character breakfast if you want to take the youngins and get the Disney experience) and has great food.  It's a little pricy, but it's yummy.

Here's the website for Downtown Disney dining: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

In Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, there's a restaurant called PCH Grill that has some good pizza.  They also have a character breakfast.

*edit*
sorry: I didn't see you added Rainforest Cafe later in the thread.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 04:21:29 PM by perc2100 »

Yzrfan

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2013, 04:47:53 PM »
La brea just did a remodel. It's a nice small place to grab a bite. They make all their breads fresh. Napeols is kind of hit or miss on the service and quality of the food. Any of the restaurants in the Disney hotels will be great, but just remember it's Disney so you'll be paying a little extra. Each place is different you just need to pick what you want to eat. American, Mexican, Cajun, or Italian. 

Offline kappolo

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 04:51:49 PM »
Any place with "diet-ish" food? I will probably be in diet mode at Wonder Con.

Yzrfan

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:04:22 PM »
Jamba Juice. Rest assured the places have salads and diet-ish dishes.  I think if you stay away from the con hot dogs and nachos you should be good.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
Any place with "diet-ish" food? I will probably be in diet mode at Wonder Con.

it's socal. there will be plenty of diet options... :D
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Yzrfan

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 07:34:50 AM »
Those of you that will be traveling from out of town to WC post or message me what type of food you are looking for or things you want to do (nearest movie theater, other cool things to do besides disneyland, or shopping malls to send the half too while you attend the con).