Author Topic: Toys “R” Us: U.S. Closure, Return as Tru Kids Brands, In Macy's  (Read 17039 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Toys “R” Us: U.S. Closure, Return as Tru Kids Brands
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2021, 08:15:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Opening mid-December, just in time for the 2021 holiday shopping season, the Toys"R"Us flagship at American Dream marks the return of the first standalone flagship store of the iconic and beloved toy brand in the USA.  This comes on the heels of Toys"R"Us opening its digital flagship store this year together with Macy's and with over 400 Toys"R"Us shop-in-shops slated to open inside Macy's stores nationwide starting in 2022.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2022, 06:30:40 PM »

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2022, 08:46:24 AM »

It has been alleged that the individuals misled suppliers about the retailer’s dire financial position while it attempted to stay afloat towards the end of 2017 and early 2018.

According to multiple reports in the US media, including Bloomberg, several former Toys ‘R’ Us executives are set to stand trial over historic allegations that they misled suppliers over the retailer’s dire financial position while the company tried to stay afloat during bankruptcy proceedings towards the end of 2017. The allegations involve significant sums – potentially as much as $600m.

On Monday, US Bankruptcy Judge Keith Phillips confirmed that a trial should go forward,  ignoring a request from the former executives to throw out the creditors’ claims. The former directors and officers have all denied any wrongdoing.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2022, 09:53:27 AM »

So disappointing to hear.  This only adds more sadness to the sorry demise of a place where happiness reigned for so many. Yet I appreciate knowing the truth.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2022, 11:16:33 AM »

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Macy’s expands partnership with WHP Global to bring the beloved Toys“R”Us brand to every Macy’s store in America this holiday season. Beginning late July and rolling out through October 15th, the in-store shops will range from 1,000 sq. feet and span up to 10,000 sq. feet in flagship locations in Atlanta, Chicago, Honolulu, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York and San Francisco. The footprint of stores may flex up an additional 500 to 3,000 sq. feet during the holiday season to offer an even wider assortment of products.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2022, 07:04:46 PM »

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- VeeFriends, created by serial entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk, will launch its first-ever limited series of collectible characters exclusively at Macy's and Toys"R"Us®. The collection will be available for pre-sale starting today, launching on October 17. This is the first step in bringing the VeeFriends characters to life, from digital NFT collectibles to physical collectibles, giving access to any consumer to own a VeeFriends character – expanding beyond its robust NFT community and NFT holders. In addition, each product will come with a printed QR code that leads to 3D animated heartfelt short films and other character songs.

Driving the news: Macy's is holding nine days of activities to mark the grand openings at all stores with events starting Saturday and continuing through Oct. 23.

toysrus @brittdipp brought the kids to opening day of #ToysRUsAtMacys Herald Square in #NYC. Geoffrey gave them a personal tour of his new Manhattan digs. Come check it out!🗽🤩 Can’t make it to New York? Our shops are now officially open in every single @macys across the U.S.! We can’t wait to welcome you back🥰#ToysRUs #ToysRUsIsBack

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
Re: Toys “R” Us: U.S. Closure, Return as Tru Kids Brands, In Macy's
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2023, 09:35:39 AM »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ

WHP Global, the parent company of Toys”R”Us, announced a new partnership with leading travel retailer Duty Free Americas to open the first-ever Toys“R”Us airport store at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW), the world’s second busiest airport. The Toys“R”Us store will be located in Terminal A, and is slated to open in time for Holiday 2023.

“We are excited that WHP Global selected us to introduce a new retail concept to the travel industry,” said Jerome Falic, CEO of Duty Free Americas.  “Toys“R”Us is a globally recognized brand beloved by millions of families, and we are confident that the store at DFW will become a must-visit destination for travelers.”

Travelers visiting the store will be welcomed by a life size custom Geoffrey the Giraffe 3D sculpture perfect for a family photo, before discovering a curated selection of toys and games from the hottest brands. With demonstration tables for hands on play and iconic brand elements throughout, the new airport store brings a fun Toys“R’Us experience that caters to gift buyers on-the-go and parents traveling with children.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2023, 09:57:11 PM »

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- To kick off this upcoming holiday season, Macy’s and Toys“R”Us® have unveiled Geoffrey’s Hot Toy List for 2023 to make every gift giver the star of the holidays by offering top toys for every age and interest. This year’s list of hot toys features the most coveted toys for the ‘Toys R Us’ kid in all of us, from favorite brands like Barbie, Hot Wheels, Pokémon, LEGO, Nerf & more. Geoffrey’s curated list will also feature a Toys“R”Us® global exclusive Geoffrey with a Globe FUNKO, and a selection of popular brands created by Toys“R”Us including Fast Lane, You & Me, True Heroes and more.

Toys“R”Us is now open all year long in every Macy’s-branded store nationwide. Customers can shop toys off the Hot Toy List and thousands more, arriving now through October in-store and online at macys.com and toysrus.com, as well as on the Macy’s app. We’ve also curated special online gift guides to get the kids in your life exactly what they want – featuring toys in categories by age, interest, the shows they watch, the movies they can’t wait to see and things they do.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2023, 12:32:45 AM »

NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- WHP Global ("WHP" or the "Company"), parent company of Toys"R"Us®, unveils bold new plans for the expansion of the iconic toy brand. The Company announced today a partnership with Go! Retail Group to roll out Toys"R"Us flagship stores nationwide in the U.S. beginning in 2024. In addition, WHP is set to bring Toys"R"Us to the travel industry with a new retail experience for airports and cruise ships.  The first Toys"R"Us airport store will open in November at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport through a partnership with Duty Free Americas.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2023, 06:46:29 AM »
Airports stores? I do not know if I folk want to buy bulky toys to add to the stuff they are already carrying aboard airplanes. Hmmm...

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2023, 10:37:26 AM »
Airports stores? I do not know if I folk want to buy bulky toys to add to the stuff they are already carrying aboard airplanes. Hmmm...
I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a showroom for some stuff where they provide free delivery to you.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2023, 06:16:45 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a showroom for some stuff where they provide free delivery to you.

Ah...that makes sense! 👍🏼