Author Topic: Awkward Roomshare Hotels  (Read 7379 times)

Offline catvonawesome

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 359
Re: Awkward Roomshare Hotels
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2017, 07:50:38 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
hahah! I think if I wasn't sharing with the BF and the BFF I might make that pact too. We all know too much about each other already though.
Yeah, no. The last thing my wife needs to see is me scrubbing my buttcrack while we are on vacation. I want to stay married.

This is what I'm saying. No one needs to see everything.. ie, there's nothing graceful or cute about shaving your legs.
Do these tacos taste funny to you?

Offline tacofan

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2017, 07:39:13 AM »
I wonder if these bathrooms are designed as some of sort of relationship test to gauge the depth of commitment that couples have for each other.  It has to be couples, right?  You wouldn't want to see your mom, dad, colleagues, friends like that.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 11:48:35 PM »

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2017, 03:13:14 PM »
I almost always don't have to share rooms with anyone when I travel. But looking at the layout of some...i would be all NO BUENO if i did have a roommate.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »
The only way it could be worse is if the you could see the toilet from the bed.

You CAN'T, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2017, 04:21:59 PM »
If you have a psychiatric background like me, that could mean the lobby but yes, just the lobby bathroom.  :P

Maybe I should post this in the "Things to bring" thread but I brought a bottle of poo-pourri last year and it helped A LOT. No worries about stinking up the place.  8)

Offline SandamnWs7

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2017, 05:27:02 PM »
From the Google. Sorry I don't know how to make these smaller...

??? Wow!! 3 guys to that room would be horrible!!

"OK everybody, out of the room! I'm taking a shower next!"

Offline spritegirl24_7

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2017, 05:55:50 PM »
I wonder if these bathrooms are designed as some of sort of relationship test to gauge the depth of commitment that couples have for each other.  It has to be couples, right?  You wouldn't want to see your mom, dad, colleagues, friends like that.

I feel like this could be an idea for some bizarre SDCC set reality show. 😂

Offline Deathbyjackal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 193
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2017, 09:21:59 PM »
yikes the Andaz is my back up hotel. I had a hotel with a glass shower in Saigon when i roomed with my mom.... thankfully they had a pull down blind. Does anyone know if the Andaz have blinds?

Howdy gang, I was the one that wrote the sparse review on the Andaz, THREE of us guys stayed there last year. Alyssa, you are correct...the rooms with the glass shower were of a higher level of quality, I believe. Our room had two queen beds, NO glass shower wall. Just a plain 'ole solid wall...thank goodness. Otherwise, it would've gotten weird...

Here's me walking into our room and seeing that nice opaque, classic drywall between me and the shower...

As for the windows, they did have normal curtains, but no blinds I think. We were in an inward facing room (There were small alcove like spaces in the middle of the hotel), so we were overlooking other rooms, but we did have those standard hotel curtains. The outward facing rooms look at the street in front, I believe.

The staff was also quite wonderful. And the roof served as a party location for maybe the Walking Dead gang, or was it The Magicians?...a party which we tried to get into through the front door and were politely and hastily denied entry. A party that had a cleverly locked back door as well.

Offline Shauni48

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2017, 10:32:20 PM »
My friends and I stayed at the Marriott Gaslamp a few years back and we ended up making a sign to put on the sliding bathroom door to let us know if it was in use or not.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2017, 12:44:12 AM »
Im staying at the Andaz this year. I'll be very disappointed if my room doesn't have that shower, my better half on the other hand 😂

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2017, 05:58:44 AM »
Im staying at the Andaz this year. I'll be very disappointed if my room doesn't have that shower, my better half on the other hand 😂

hey that's my back up hotel ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2017, 06:19:39 AM »
Howdy gang, I was the one that wrote the sparse review on the Andaz, THREE of us guys stayed there last year. Alyssa, you are correct...the rooms with the glass shower were of a higher level of quality, I believe. Our room had two queen beds, NO glass shower wall. Just a plain 'ole solid wall...thank goodness. Otherwise, it would've gotten weird...

Here's me walking into our room and seeing that nice opaque, classic drywall between me and the shower...

As for the windows, they did have normal curtains, but no blinds I think. We were in an inward facing room (There were small alcove like spaces in the middle of the hotel), so we were overlooking other rooms, but we did have those standard hotel curtains. The outward facing rooms look at the street in front, I believe.

The staff was also quite wonderful. And the roof served as a party location for maybe the Walking Dead gang, or was it The Magicians?...a party which we tried to get into through the front door and were politely and hastily denied entry. A party that had a cleverly locked back door as well.
Thanks for the further review. I am going to add this to the Andaz reviews for future reference. Oh-and love the GIF! One of my favorites.

eta: Oh, and your review wasn't sparse, by any means. Thanks again for submitting it! :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:22:24 AM by Angology »
Ang

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2017, 07:53:12 AM »
Im staying at the Andaz this year. I'll be very disappointed if my room doesn't have that shower, my better half on the other hand

Exactly, say you need to take a shower but you're watching the game. Now you can do both!

Plus, the right music can fix any awkward situation, [Siri voice] now playing "All of Me" by John Legend

Mixing the thread up a bit, and since we've already breached the territory, are there things people bring to the hotels to say, smooth over any proximity issues? Things like a noise machine, book of matches, ... ?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 09:23:27 AM by mark »

Offline angi

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2017, 09:15:22 AM »
I hate those barn doors. It's the stupid 2010's trend that's going to be laughed at a decade from now. The Springhill Suites were fantastic excluding that damn barn door. There's just enough space that if you walk by at the right angle you can see some one on the toilet.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2017, 11:21:38 AM »
I don't take anything, though it is a good idea I would guess to buy a can of febreeze on arrival. In my last situation we had 7 of us in a room and we'd just let everyone know if they should give the bathroom 15 minutes or so before entering......and make sure we shut the door and left the fan on when we were done. Not really a big deal.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter