Author Topic: Movie Speculation Thread  (Read 22870 times)

Offline mdla

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 171
Re: Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 10:16:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If it does, they should hand out tomatos to the audience.

It would be only the second panel ever that I would actually be upset at.  The first was when Roland Emmrich was on a panel for 2012, and after subjecting the audience to horrible CGI told a child (that I'm sure wanted to figure out if he was going to live in a post-apocalyptic landscape)  "he wasn't sure" whether the Mayan Doomsday Prophecies would turn out to be true.

Yzrfan

Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »
I hope not. Seriously Megan Fox as April O'neil.  She has already made her mark in a movie franchise. It's kind of like having the guy who made the new Star Trek movies make Episode VII or watching Thor in the new Red Dawn.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:45:07 PM »

Offline wikkibird

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »
I hope not. Seriously Megan Fox as April O'neil.  She has already made her mark in a movie franchise. It's kind of like having the guy who made the new Star Trek movies make Episode VII or watching Thor in the new Red Dawn.

Yea, having J.J. Abrams just makes me shake my head and wonder...why? Was there no one else who wanted to do it? Seriously? And yea, lol, watching Cabin in the Woods was more like "Oh, look, it's Thor..." /typecast

Yzrfan

Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 11:12:50 AM »
We already had out childhood ruined thanks to The Chrystal Skull. Don't want the same to happen to Episode VII or TMNT.

Yzrfan

Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 11:15:32 AM »
I kept asking myself why doesn't he call Mjolnir to save the day.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 11:51:16 AM »
Cabin In The Woods was actually filmed way before Thor but wasn't released until later.

/Random

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 12:20:48 PM »
Both Red Dawn and Cabin in the Woods were filmed before Thor and were held off until after Thor was released to bank on the popularity of Chris Hemsworth.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 02:21:31 PM »
We already had out childhood ruined thanks to The Chrystal Skull. Don't want the same to happen to Episode VII or TMNT.

Don't forget Transformers.

Yzrfan

Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 03:52:21 PM »
True. I enjoyed the first one, but the others not so much. I wonder if they make a 4th movie if the autobots will do the Harlem Shake.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
True. I enjoyed the first one, but the others not so much. I wonder if they make a 4th movie if the autobots will do the Harlem Shake.

Bawahahahah

Yzrfan

Movie Speculation Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2013, 06:50:49 PM »
It would be funny to see. Sad but funny

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 04:13:55 AM »
Both Red Dawn and Cabin in the Woods were filmed before Thor and were held off until after Thor was released to bank on the popularity of Chris Hemsworth.

Cabin In The Woods was held from release because the studio was going bankrupt, so it couldn't get a release. The studio was MGM and they had CITW sat waiting for release, but they were more worried about the Bond franchise.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 01:47:52 PM »
I bet The Worlds End with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will have something at the con. I'm surprised that Seth Rogan and his nerd herd are releasing This is the End before the con. I would think they would want the extra push from the hype.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 04:34:59 PM »
I bet The Worlds End with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost will have something at the con.

Me too.  Edgar Wright has had a panel for all of his other films, with Nick Frost at both of the Blood & Ice Cream panels, Simon Pegg at one (Pegg was filming M:I 3 at the time of HOT FUZZ panel).  Wright & Frost kicked off the HOT FUZZ panel (which IIRC was on a Sunday) with a video welcome from Simon Pegg, and then hyping up a ton of footage they had brought from HOT FUZZ.  The footage was ALL B-roll footage (think shots of a traffic light changing, geese crossing the street, etc) that was so goofy I was in tears laughing.  Wright is a presence at SD CCI, and he knows how to please his crowd, and he's often with his lads Frost & Pegg.
I guess technically Nick Frost & Simon Pegg walked on to the SCOTT PILGRIM panel just because it was an Edgar Wright Comic-Con panel.  I would be more surprised if WORLD'S END did NOT have a panel than if it did.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »
Do you think Michael Bay's bastardized TMNT will make an appearance somewhere?

I'd say there's a decent possibility.  Last year they were hyping TMNT quite a bit, giving out free hats and other stuff: the new cartoon I think, but they still had a sizable presence.