Author Topic: NYCC Buying Group Sign Up  (Read 9769 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
NYCC Buying Group Sign Up
« on: April 20, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »
I've been asked to post this ;)

Topic: 2016 NYCC Buying Group

Unfortunately, NYCC has not announced their sale so we are missing the details needed to officially form the buying group.  However, we are looking to gather people who are interested in joining the group once all details are know.

We are looking for active FOCC members who are planning to attend NYCC this year and plan to purchase a minimum of a 3 day badge.   NYCC is very different from SDCC, which means the sale will go differently and there are different risks involved. Part of this difference will mean that each person is signing up to potentially buy $2000 in badges the day of the sale, due to the high cost of VIP badges.

If you are interested in joining the NYCC buying group once it is officially formed, please fill out this google form.  Please note it could be anywhere from 24-48 hours before you receive a response. (you need to be logged into your google account to fill out the form)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Please note: this group will only be accepting 50 people. Entry to the group will be granted based on approval from the mods and a first/come first serve basis when the group officially forms. Filling out this form does not guarantee you a spot in the group. 

If you have any questions please PM NCDS or mlgagne
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline da1nonliiny

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
Re: NYCC Buying Group Sign Up
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »
$2000!
I was thinking more like $500 for 3 and/or 4 day buyers

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:55:22 AM »

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 04:51:49 PM »
[member=5671]da1nonliiny[/member] the $2000 is not how much tickets cost

Basically we are saying that if you get in and are lucky enough to get to the front of the queue while VIPs are still available we would expect you to be able to buy VIPs for the group. VIP tickets sell out first due to their limited nature, so if you are getting in while they are available you are a lucky person and you should be using that luck to help out the FoCC members in the GB that do want VIP tickets. Also remember that there will likely be a lot of people after VIPs and we expect people to pay others back ASAP.

But it works the other way also people after VIPs are expected to help out the 3/4 day badge buyer people, so it is a team effort

Just quoting this post from Alyssa from the NYCC tickets thread

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We will be accommodating  folks who are interested in 3&4 day tickets.
A lot of effort is going into creating the sheets used for this sale.  I have to say they look pretty spiffy.  The sheets and being a member of the group is going to require effort and some amount of hoops by the user.  this is to compensate for the lack of a name attached to each ticket which in turn requires way way more trust within the buying group.

Keep in mind the folks running this group are veteran organizers of SDCC and have successfully gotten badges for a vast majority of their members.  The process & procedures may seem over the top to some- to them i say, you have a choice, to join & fully participate OR not & take what fate gives you.
I personally think stacking the odds in my favor is the preferred course of action.
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
Thanks [member=1222]mllNY[/member] I couldn't have said it better.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 05:35:08 PM »
Do you want helpers to request access?  Or do you just know who we are?

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:08:19 PM »
Do you want helpers to request access?  Or do you just know who we are?

Great question.  Go ahead and request access so we don't forget to add you (not that I could ever forget you)  <3

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 07:15:58 PM »
Request submitted! :)

Offline da1nonliiny

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 07:38:55 PM »

Basically we are saying that if you get in and are lucky enough to get to the front of the queue while VIPs are still available we would expect you to be able to buy VIPs for the group. VIP tickets sell out first due to their limited nature, so if you are getting in while they are available you are a lucky person and you should be using that luck to help out the FoCC members in the GB that do want VIP tickets. Also remember that there will likely be a lot of people after VIPs and we expect people to pay others back ASAP.

But it works the other way also people after VIPs are expected to help out the 3/4 day badge buyer people, so it is a team effort

Ok I got you now.
thanks for explaining.

Offline adrn23

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 09:40:17 PM »
Signed up, thanks for making this group.

Offline mikejm101

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »

thank you for putting this together - i signed up.

Last year we were able to get our VIP passes because of others who were able to purchase them before us. We purchased the max 4 day tickets and were able to help others out and had no trouble. Trust is a big factor. I hope to be able to continue the trend so everyone can have an awesome con experience.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 05:46:33 AM »
Ok I got you now.
thanks for explaining.

Again though you may have to be able to put up to $2000 on your credit card but that is not what you are 'spending' on your ticket if all you want is 3/4 day passes, it a matter of willingness to charge the tickets to help the other members

2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
Actually, the max is going to be over $2,000, assuming prices stay the same -- 2 Ultimate VIP (2*$525)+ 2 SA VIP (2*$215)+ 4 4 day badge (4*$105) + 2 3 day badges (2*$75) = $2,050.  But there's tax on top of that too, which I'm assuming is at least another $100 b/c it's New York.  So it could even be up to $2200 to be able to put on your credit card.

Offline da1nonliiny

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »
Again though you may have to be able to put up to $2000 on your credit card but that is not what you are 'spending' on your ticket if all you want is 3/4 day passes, it a matter of willingness to charge the tickets to help the other members
Yes I'm aware

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 06:48:54 PM »
Actually, the max is going to be over $2,000, assuming prices stay the same -- 2 Ultimate VIP (2*$525)+ 2 SA VIP (2*$215)+ 4 4 day badge (4*$105) + 2 3 day badges (2*$75) = $2,050.  But there's tax on top of that too, which I'm assuming is at least another $100 b/c it's New York.  So it could even be up to $2200 to be able to put on your credit card.
Fair point, we are estimating at this time.  If prices go up this year it could potentially  be more.   Something we will discuss once they announce the badge prices. I'll discuss with @mlgange about raising the potential.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Offline sasorixjeff

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »
Signed up thanks