Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 9 *Spoilers*  (Read 14411 times)

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
Re: Walking Dead Season 9 *Spoilers*
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 11:13:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Who is enjoying the Whisperers? Here's my review of epsisode 10.

Thank you for this review.  I admit to skimming over it for now, but I agreed with what I did read of what you wrote.  I don't know if you mentioned it, but a wee small part of when Lydia was trying to get information from Henry reminded me of Fear the Walking dead.  I also get why Henry called Daryl an a**h***, but this reminded me of when my dad kicked me out of the house to learn what the world can be like.  There is still a big part of me that is much like Daryl from those days, but I am working on tempering it as I grow older.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2019, 11:43:36 AM »
You raise a good point, Ron. These kids who have grown up in relative 'safety' need to be 'kicked out' a bit to learn what the world is like, and how to deal with it. But it's tough love, for sure.

Here is my review of this week's episode.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:49:54 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2019, 09:44:20 PM »
I'm not caught up on the show, but is Daryl the only character from season 1 that is still alive?

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 05:48:55 AM »
Carol is still alive and kicking whatever needs kicking!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2019, 06:38:39 AM »
I'm not caught up on the show, but is Daryl the only character from season 1 that is still alive?

In addition to Carol (previously mentioned) technically Morgan is still alive, but in the Fear timeline. Rick is still alive, but in another place.

Also, Judith was conceived in season 1, and she is still alive. ;)

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 07:59:36 AM »
You raise a good point, Ron. These kids who have grown up in relative 'safety' need to be 'kicked out' a bit to learn what the world is like, and how to deal with it. But it's tough love, for sure.

Here is my review of this week's episode.

Once again, I enjoy reading your weekly episode reviews of TWD.  A lot of times, I allow my mind to drift while watching the show.  Your reviews make me want to pay closer attention to what is going on.   Keep up the good work!

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »
Once again, I enjoy reading your weekly episode reviews of TWD.  A lot of times, I allow my mind to drift while watching the show.  Your reviews make me want to pay closer attention to what is going on.   Keep up the good work!

Well, it's my job to pay close attention to what is going on... ;)   I sit with my tablet on my lap, taking notes as I watch. I dabble in creative writing, so I really enjoy exploring plot threads and character development, etc. Adding in that I read the comics, it's fun to compare the development of the 2 properties.

I am glad you enjoy the fruits of my fan-expression. :)

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2019, 04:52:19 PM »
Potential new spinoff series.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2019, 08:11:44 AM »
Potential new spinoff series.

Thank you for this Transmute Jun!  I am actually looking forward to new episodes of Fear the Walking Dead.  The hints of more crossovers would be more icing on the cake for me.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2019, 08:34:05 AM »
Thank you for this Transmute Jun!  I am actually looking forward to new episodes of Fear the Walking Dead.  The hints of more crossovers would be more icing on the cake for me.

I'm okay with crossovers as long as the characters are compelling and the story is well-written. They struggled with that on Fear at first, but now seem to be moving in a better direction.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2019, 10:19:06 AM »
Here is my review of episode 912. Can I just say, "Awww.... poor Eugene....' ?

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2019, 11:19:06 AM »
Here is my review of episode 912. Can I just say, "Awww.... poor Eugene....' ?

Thank you again Transmute Jun for a very excellent review of this week's episode.  I have been distracted from TWD due to my new found obsession with The Blacklist.  I was afraid for Eugene, but having read your review, my mind is at rest now.   

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2019, 12:27:55 PM »
I said 'awwww', not 'ouch'! ;)

Nothing new, but I still feel badly for him...  :'(

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2019, 12:38:08 PM »
I've really been struggling staying engaged with this show since The Whisperers showed up.  For me, I think I'm not that into most of the characters.  I'm also up-to-date with the books and the most interesting part of The Whisperers to me was
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
  IDK if that will play out, but I'm not liking "replacement Carl" and Daryl is not a compelling enough character to be the center of the show.  I feel like things are drifting w/out Rick to keep things centered.  I do hope The Wanderers are a little bit more explored than in the book, though part of me is intrigued with the idea of "yep: these freaks are just part of the world now and no need to delve too much into the why's or relationships."  IDK.  I understand growing pains and all, and I won't be upset when Michonne exits, even though in the books they're FINALLY doing something with her character nowadays.  I get why the actress 1) feels like now that she's in $ 1+ billion dollar films she wants to explore that and 1) in 9 seasons they haven't done too much with her character (just as she was fairly under-utilized in the comics for quite a long time IMO).  It sucks that her character is likely only a year or so away from going through the biggest arc of her character and now we won't get that.  I do think it was a mistake for Carl to be killed off right before his bigger arcs in the books (though that firing might've lit a fire under his butt to better his craft).

IDK: I'm rambling at this point.  The Whisperers were never that interesting to me so maybe that's why this show is uninteresting to me at this point.  I know we're in growing pains post-Rick & Maggie, but so far this show has mostly shown us that not only is Daryl not a great lead character, but the ensemble of this show is pretty weak.  The show will need to jump to The Commonwealth sooner than later just to hopefully inject some stronger actors & characters into the series.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2019, 01:36:43 PM »
I agree that Daryl is not a compelling character and Henry is a poor replacement for Carl in the Whisperers storyline. However I am liking Judith more and more, and her 'Carl' role with Negan. I agree with you about the best part of the comics Whisperer storyline and hope that comes to pass as well.

I'd love to see more focus on The Kingdom... Carol/Ezekiel/Jerry. But I'm afraid of that leading to another part of the Whisperers comic storyline...