Author Topic: Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups  (Read 9153 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Announcement Regarding SDCC 2020 Buying Groups
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 11:14:14 AM »
I know it's been said, but for anyone getting antsy/nervous about Saturday and wanting to buddy-up with a group for help, I recommend checking out the various Comic-Con FB pages.  I think I'm a member of at least 3 of them.  There seem to by a myriad of people looking to form groups (likely quite a bit more informal that the groups through here): if you're a daring, trusting type it might be an option.

Also remember that it's all about "collecting codes."  If can find even four or five friends w/codes to join up with, you've got yourself a group.  For years I had great success procuring badges utilizing three codes from my family + two additional codes from friends.  A larger group betters the odds, but every additional friend/code betters your odds.

Good luck, everyone!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2019, 12:28:35 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I know it's been said, but for anyone getting antsy/nervous about Saturday and wanting to buddy-up with a group for help, I recommend checking out the various Comic-Con FB pages.  I think I'm a member of at least 3 of them.  There seem to by a myriad of people looking to form groups (likely quite a bit more informal that the groups through here): if you're a daring, trusting type it might be an option.

Also remember that it's all about "collecting codes."  If can find even four or five friends w/codes to join up with, you've got yourself a group.  For years I had great success procuring badges utilizing three codes from my family + two additional codes from friends.  A larger group betters the odds, but every additional friend/code betters your odds.

Good luck, everyone!

Asking friends is probably one of the easier ways! I think there's 9 of us total with a mix of attending, and others just trying to help us out.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 05:17:45 AM »