Author Topic: Happy Holidays, everyone!!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Happy Holidays, everyone!!
« on: December 27, 2022, 12:15:32 PM »
It's unlike a long-time Comic-Con attendee to do anything last-minute, let alone late.  But I've been busy with the family in town + cleaning up our condo/looking to buy a new home and didn't get around to this.
I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah sameach!!  This year Hanukkah was aligned with both Christmas and Kwanzaa (last night of Hanukkah was Dec. 26), so for anyone who celebrates Boxing Day there was A LOT going on yesterday; I 'celebrated' by going wine tasting & watching a TON of English football  :P

I hope all of you got fun gifts, got to spend time with family/friends, and most importantly got to take a moment or two to relax and enjoy some quiet time.  For students, teachers/education employees with the rest of this week off enjoy yourselves.

See you at WonderCon & SDCC!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Happy Holidays, everyone!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 01:17:50 PM »
Thank u Perc!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:14:59 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2022, 01:41:22 PM »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's unlike a long-time Comic-Con attendee to do anything last-minute, let alone late.  But I've been busy with the family in town + cleaning up our condo/looking to buy a new home and didn't get around to this.
I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and Hanukkah sameach!!  This year Hanukkah was aligned with both Christmas and Kwanzaa (last night of Hanukkah was Dec. 26), so for anyone who celebrates Boxing Day there was A LOT going on yesterday; I 'celebrated' by going wine tasting & watching a TON of English football 

I hope all of you got fun gifts, got to spend time with family/friends, and most importantly got to take a moment or two to relax and enjoy some quiet time.  For students, teachers/education employees with the rest of this week off enjoy yourselves.

See you at WonderCon & SDCC!

Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones, @perc2100! Thank you for the kind message on the forum. I hope for the same for you as well - some good rest, quiet relaxation, cool gifts, amazing food, and great company!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline stove19

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 02:54:56 PM »
Happy Holidays!

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2022, 05:32:22 AM »
Hope all have been having a good couple holidays, and looking forward to seein peeps next SDCC!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2023, 11:00:23 AM »
Happy 2023: we can now say we're looking forward to WonderCon & SDCC _this year_!!  8)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 02:22:24 PM »
I hope that everyone had a wonderful holiday, and that your new years are off to a great start!

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 03:14:25 PM »
Happy New Year, everybody! Today - after four years of planning - we started some major home renovations. Our holidays were spent packing boxes and shuttling stuff to our storage unit. Tonight, we are going to be sleeping in the room that has been our dining room for the past 14 years. 2023 is going to be chaotic in our household, but hopefully fun! Looking forward to seeing you all at the Cons!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 08:25:07 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Happy New Year, everybody! Today - after four years of planning - we started some major home renovations. Our holidays were spent packing boxes and shuttling stuff to our storage unit. Tonight, we are going to be sleeping in the room that has been our dining room for the past 14 years. 2023 is going to be chaotic in our household, but hopefully fun! Looking forward to seeing you all at the Cons!
For a brief second I had to re-read the use ID handle to make sure my wife didn't sneak on here w/out telling me!
We too spent all a good part of winter boxing stuff, hauling stuff to storage etc.  My wife and I are both teachers, and we had from the weekend before Christmas - today (Jan. 3) off of work, and we spent nearly every day hauling stuff to storage, fixing stuff up in our condo, etc. as we gear up to put it on the market and buy a new home that doesn't feel so claustrophobic with four people.  Our 2 bed/2 bath condo has been great for the 16 or so years we've lived here (our first purchased home), but we're excited for a change.  Christmas Day was the only day of the twoish week vacation where we didn't do anything house-related.  Christmas Eve was spent making tons of runs to storage (moving a lot of furniture so our condo is less cluttered/showcases its space), and NYE was spent upgrading our primary bathroom sink and other 'fun.'  Easily the _least_ relaxing Winter Break in my 25+ years of teaching, but we're hyped to move on to the "must evacuate in the next hour so someone can show our condo to a potential buyer"/"lets put an offer and get the ball rolling on buying this new house" phase.
We don't have a new house yet (staying in San Diego, likely staying within the same freeway exits where we live now), but now that our place is almost on the market I suspect (hope) things will start happening relatively quickly.

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 08:33:59 PM »
perc2100 - Hope your next place is fantastic and the ultimate move is easy. Happy new year!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2023, 07:10:30 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Best wishes on your new home adventure!

Happy New Year everyone!