Author Topic: DC Universe  (Read 6594 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: DC Universe
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2019, 08:35:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm inclined to agree with you [member=4158]TossedSalad[/member]. At first I was not happy with this selection, but Twilight aside, Pattinson is a solid actor. I mean people doubted Heath Ledger as the Joker too, and we all know how that turned out.

RP is going to be awesome. I haven't seen his latest movie yet, The Lighthouse, but have heard really good things about it. He's done really solid acting work post-Twilight, see Good Time for example. Most interesting casting choice since Michael Keaton imho :)

Back to DC Universe, once Swap Thing's season is out I would really recommend signing up for a month and binging. Doom Patrol is pretty much everything a fan of the Grant Morrison run in the comics could ask for.  Swamp Thing is great so far. Titans took some getting used to, it's so heavy but won me over.  (I still watched Teen Titans Go to the Movies afterwards to balance things out.)

Still made about the lack of app support, chromecasting from a laptop has been working ok recently.

I'm enjoying the comics side of DC Universe too but the interface there is pretty bad when you compare it to Marvel Unlimited (which itself isn't that great.)

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »
We tried the first episode of Swamp Thing and really enjoyed it, but:

It's like DC Universe is trying to make us hate them.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 04:56:25 AM »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »
We tried the first episode of Swamp Thing and really enjoyed it, but:

It's like DC Universe is trying to make us hate them.

Good point, I was caught off guard by that. Why they felt the need to announce that just as the show was getting momentum is beyond me.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2019, 10:52:14 AM »
And they haven't announced a Doom Patrol renewal and that got an even better reception than Titans.  I mean, it's odd they'd be doing this just when the DCEU is finally getting momentum with Wonder Woman and Aquaman and three very well-received series. 

Offline TossedSalad

• Gaming Lounge
  • Greetings Programs!
  • Liked: 143
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2019, 11:05:39 AM »
I'm inclined to agree with you [member=4158]TossedSalad[/member]. At first I was not happy with this selection, but Twilight aside, Pattinson is a solid actor. I mean people doubted Heath Ledger as the Joker too, and we all know how that turned out.

Count me in as one of those who was skeptical of Ledger at first. That definitely made me wary of reacting to casting choices. Same for Hemsworth believe it or not because I had only seen him as George Kirk in Abrams’ Star Trek at the time. I never saw Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman and it took her solo film to get me on board. BvS I still wasn’t convinced.
Fun isn’t something one considers when preparing for Comic-Con, but attending does put a smile on my face