Author Topic: New & Returning TV show Chat  (Read 50075 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: New & Returning TV show Chat
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2017, 06:02:05 PM »
We started watching Series of Unfortunate Events yesterday and are through 2 episodes.  I like it!  I've downloaded Man in the High Castle to watch on the plane on a trip next week, yay!  I watched the premiere of Colony and am keeping up with The Affair and Vikings.  TV viewing is getting busy!

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2017, 06:05:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We started watching Series of Unfortunate Events yesterday and are through 2 episodes.  I like it!  I've downloaded Man in the High Castle to watch on the plane on a trip next week, yay!  I watched the premiere of Colony and am keeping up with The Affair and Vikings.  TV viewing is getting busy!
Completely agree. Watching Series of Unfortunate Events right now and need to watch premiere of Colony when I'm done . But yes, it's getting hard to keep up .
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 09:15:54 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2017, 01:04:26 PM »
i just got through binging SyFy channels Humans... wow, it takes I, Robot to a whole 'nother level......

loving the lead,- the guy who play Merlin in Merlin a few years back- he's got chops
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2017, 05:21:36 PM »
i just got through binging SyFy channels Humans... wow, it takes I, Robot to a whole 'nother level......

loving the lead,- the guy who play Merlin in Merlin a few years back- he's got chops
I had no idea he was in that. Just watched the trailer-add this to the shows that I hope to get a chance to check out!
Ang

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2017, 09:17:36 AM »
If you are stuck home due to storms, or just need something to watch, NBC's The Good Place is worth a binge. I really recommend staying away from spoilers if at all possible. Trust me :)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2017, 09:35:38 AM »
Samurai Jack, new season starts March 11.  :o :) :o ;D

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »
January continues to impress with a couple of new entries this week, the anticipated Riverdale on The CW and the reality show Hunted on CBS. Riverdale has an air of a mature teen crime drama done right and is getting positive early reviews. Hunted (based on UK series of the same name) is a reality-based competition where the contestants are fugitives who attempt to evade capture for a cash prize. It feels like a cross of The Amazing Race and the SWAT Team, it could be interesting if you have ever thought about bugging out.
for more You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I just caught Hunted.... pass /sigh/  the quality of contestants was abysmal ....
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2017, 04:11:03 PM »
anybody catch the cw's winter premiere's
supergirl, flash, legion & arrow?  what'd you think?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 04:14:11 PM by alyssa »

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2017, 08:38:31 PM »
I watched Supergirl and The Flash (although, I was working, so I didn't really pay full attention). I am still enjoying Supergirl. They mentioned The Music Meister, so they are setting the groundwork for the musical crossover. Arrow is on my DVR (we watch Lethal Weapon live-we like it that much). Legends is also on my DVR (I think that's what you mean-Legion has not started yet)

To me, the Flash has gotten a little convoluted, but the cast is still likeable.

Sort of related-Lucifer has been awesome this season!

Great sadness for me this week-the series finale for Salem. The last season was good, but seemed a little rushed.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I had fun tweeting about it with other Salem fans. I still wonder about the scene where John Alden was blacksmithing shirtless. Seems kind of dangerous-that's molten metal and your bare skin! There was a lot of twitter fun with that.

Watched Riverdale. It kept me interested. I do love that they have Josie and the Pussycats. I have a question-aren't sophomores 15 years old or so? I am so old that I am probably out of touch with what age you are in what grade. 15 seems kind of young, but again, I am out of touch. Or is Archie older than Betty?

Oh, and I know I sound like a broken record, but Sleepy Hollow is still bringing it. I am not completely sold on the Lex Luthoresque baddie, but love that they brought back the Headless Horseman. John Noble will be back in next week's episode (in what appears to be a dream sequence/other dimension). I also love what they are doing with the witness thing. All in all, it has been a strong season so far. We are dedicated to watching it live, and I try to stay active on Twitter during the show (it has trended briefly a couple of times-except on inauguration day).

Looking forward to Powerless next week.

TV ramblings over...
Ang

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2017, 10:08:25 PM »
I watched Supergirl and The Flash (although, I was working, so I didn't really pay full attention). I am still enjoying Supergirl. They mentioned The Music Meister, so they are setting the groundwork for the musical crossover. Arrow is on my DVR (we watch Lethal Weapon live-we like it that much). Legends is also on my DVR (I think that's what you mean-Legion has not started yet)

To me, the Flash has gotten a little convoluted, but the cast is still likeable.

Great sadness for me this week-the series finale for Salem. The last season was good, but seemed a little rushed.
I had fun tweeting about it with other Salem fans. I still wonder about the scene where John Alden was blacksmithing shirtless. Seems kind of dangerous-that's molten metal and your bare skin! There was a lot of twitter fun with that.

Watched Riverdale. It kept me interested. I do love that they have Josie and the Pussycats. I have a question-aren't sophomores 15 years old or so? I am so old that I am probably out of touch with what age you are in what grade. 15 seems kind of young, but again, I am out of touch. Or is Archie older than Betty?

Oh, and I know I sound like a broken record, but Sleepy Hollow is still bringing it. I am not completely sold on the Lex Luthoresque baddie, but love that they brought back the Headless Horseman. John Noble will be back in next week's episode (in what appears to be a dream sequence/other dimension). I also love what they are doing with the witness thing. All in all, it has been a strong season so far. We are dedicated to watching it live, and I try to stay active on Twitter during the show (it has trended briefly a couple of times-except on inauguration day).

TV ramblings over...

15-16 sounds about right for a sophomore.

Still need to catch up on the DC shows, I did like the latest Agents of Shield though.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2017, 04:47:23 AM »

Thanks for the update!  I watch Legends (yes i did mean that, not legion) & arrow when i get a chance- i just haven't been able to sustain intereste in SG or Flash- too many other really good shows on.

I dont think the network was carried by enough cable/dish/networks- to really get a following- I know if was off my radar due to the WGN not being on Time Warner cable.

it kinda has a highly stylized Twin Peaks vibe..... i think folks will/are really liking it- judging from what i read on twitter. a couple of the characters are watchable jughead, veronica for example.  confession, i never liked veronica in teh comics. I think [member=314]Transmute Jun[/member] will be writing & publishing a blog post later on today (or tomorrow) abt riverdale.

that looks fun.  I'm also really looking forward to Superior Donuts staring Judd Hirsch opposite new comer stand up comedian Jermaine Fowler. the clips i've seen are lol funny. It's airing after BBT & seems like a really good fit.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2017, 07:55:42 AM »

TV ramblings over...

Agree with you on Supergirl, The Flash, Legends and Lucifer.  I haven't seen a episode of Lethal Weapon yet.  Maybe soon.  I missed Salem as Frontier FIOS does not have WGN on demand.  Grrrr...

I also watched Riverdale.  I went to Inglewood High School which back in the 60's was a four year high school.  I graduated when I was 17 so yes, sophmores are 15 years old.  I found interesting how some of the characters have been changed since I last read the Archie comics back in the 60's.  Miss Grundy especially.   :o

Also agree with you about Sleepy Hollow.  John Nobel looks so craggy now!

Online NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2017, 11:08:35 AM »
Well we all know I'm in love with Flash, Super Girl, Arrow and I like DC legends a lot.   My heart was filled with Glee (pun intended for the crossover) to have them back.

This week I spent the week binge watching Sweet Vicious, which apparently was at SDCC and NYCC.  I really enjoyed it, warning though it deals with a sensitive subject.  They just wrapped up the season (leave it to me to find a show it's very last week) so you can't watch them on MTV.

I got bored of Salem and stopped watching it.

Um no clue what Riverdale is but someone said Josie in the Pussycats so I will be watching it today!  I love that movie. 
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2017, 11:10:58 AM »
Um no clue what Riverdale is but someone said Josie in the Pussycats so I will be watching it today!  I love that movie.

Twin Peaks style adaptation of Archie comics.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: January 30, 2017, 08:12:17 AM »
If folks didn't see [member=4892]miclpea[/member] 's article on the expance season 1 recap, it's up You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

also the week in tv,

all three of teh sit coms look good as does Bill Paxton's new show.