Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127630 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #480 on: January 11, 2021, 08:16:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Appointments appeared on the San Diego vaccine website for the super inoculation site Petco at 6:00AM

One time slot on Wed and a huge amount of spots on the weekend, Jan 16 & 17th
This is still for the 1A Group.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
tagged since they've got parents in the next group to be inoculated

from the site

Thank you You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login !  And thanks for offering to help with getting my dad there!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #481 on: January 11, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »
Let's see what's going to happen.  Some states have already broken from the CDC tiers.  Biden says he will break from the CDC rules that guarantee people a timely second shot to maximize pushing out as many vaccinations as possible.  I hear more and more calls to abandon the tiered system.  Vaccinate as many people as possible without regard to criteria.  It could turn into a free for all.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #482 on: Today at 02:32:20 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #482 on: January 12, 2021, 06:29:54 AM »
Let's see what's going to happen.  Some states have already broken from the CDC tiers.  Biden says he will break from the CDC rules that guarantee people a timely second shot to maximize pushing out as many vaccinations as possible.  I hear more and more calls to abandon the tiered system.  Vaccinate as many people as possible without regard to criteria.  It could turn into a free for all.

it could, however, setting up the appointment system early, I think will limit the 'free-for-all' nature here in SD. Give places time to get sorted, not everyone is FL. LOL
Interestingly, today there are a few appointments open for this morning, none for any other day. They're still in the 1A group.
In my selfish heart, i wish there was a stand by line. I can go camp out in line for a day.... LOL
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #483 on: January 12, 2021, 08:35:24 AM »
In my selfish heart, i wish there was a stand by line. I can go camp out in line for a day.... LOL
I dunno if its selfish; if there are medical pros who refuse the vaccine en masse as has been reported throughout Southern CA, I think they should be doing something like a 'stand by' type line, where at 5pm any vials/doses left over for the day are distributed to anyone in line.  I'd much rather that than the case of millions of vials sitting around going unused.  When I was in college, some friends and I would sometime drive up to Cleveland (from Columbus) to see the Symphony (one of the best in the world, if you can believe that) and wait for what they called 'student rush' tickets: any tix not sold by, like, 30/45 min. before the start were sold at a super cheap price: sometimes AMAZING seats for, like, $10 or something (I can't remember anymore how cheap).  I'd be all for that kind of thing for the vaccine since the vials have a shortish life span

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: January 12, 2021, 08:45:36 AM »
I dunno if its selfish; if there are medical pros who refuse the vaccine en masse as has been reported throughout Southern CA, I think they should be doing something like a 'stand by' type line, where at 5pm any vials/doses left over for the day are distributed to anyone in line.  I'd much rather that than the case of millions of vials sitting around going unused.  When I was in college, some friends and I would sometime drive up to Cleveland (from Columbus) to see the Symphony (one of the best in the world, if you can believe that) and wait for what they called 'student rush' tickets: any tix not sold by, like, 30/45 min. before the start were sold at a super cheap price: sometimes AMAZING seats for, like, $10 or something (I can't remember anymore how cheap).  I'd be all for that kind of thing for the vaccine since the vials have a shortish life span

I'm guessing that's why the gov. is loosening up the tiered restrictions
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #485 on: January 12, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »
They pretty much inadvertently mentioned the existence of a standby line here in NJ at yesterday's presser.
In how they are dealing with those in the wrong group who show up at vaccination sites, the NJDOH wants the sites to call these people back in if there are any extra doses left at the end of the day.
Sounds a lot like a standby line to me.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #486 on: January 12, 2021, 09:04:04 AM »
and we **all** know how to deal with long lines

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #487 on: January 12, 2021, 10:06:03 AM »
it could, however, setting up the appointment system early, I think will limit the 'free-for-all' nature here in SD. Give places time to get sorted, not everyone is FL. LOL
Interestingly, today there are a few appointments open for this morning, none for any other day. They're still in the 1A group.

I meant that it would be a a free for all in terms of anyone would be eligible.  So the chances to get an appt would change from being 1 in a smaller subset to being 1 among everyone else.

A standby line would be great.  I have to assume like everything else there are no shows.  I would make it a virtual standby line.  Maybe have an option when you sign up to say that you want to be notified if there are cancellations and can make it there with an hour's notice.  The way San Diego is handling it is if there is more capacity during the course of a day, they will release more appt slots online.  Yesterday they allocated 2500 slots initially.  When they found they had more capacity yesterday, they released another 1000 slots for the rest of the day.  So in San Diego it pays to keep checking the site, even if it's sold out, since more appts can appear during the coarse of a day.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #488 on: January 12, 2021, 10:46:50 AM »
So my SIL who lives in New York and is in the 1B group was able to schedule her vaccine appointment today for April 4th.
In New Jersey, they are still only doing the 1A's plus police and fire.
With an estimated 2.4 million people in 1B, I'm thinking the 1C group won't be seeing the vaccine now until sometime late summer.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #489 on: January 12, 2021, 11:59:31 AM »
Get ready to make those over 65 appointments.  California has been following the CDC guidance.  The CDC just changed their guidance.  Now they are saying that anyone over 65 should get the vaccine.  They are also saying that vaccine should not be held back for people's second dose.  Get out as many first doses as possible.  So we are matching what the UK did.  Which is funny since 2 weeks ago everyone from the FDA to Fauci was dead set against it.

Now to see when California will take up this new guidance.

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #490 on: January 12, 2021, 02:25:18 PM »
I just signed up here in Colorado.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #491 on: January 12, 2021, 03:49:59 PM »
and we **all** know how to deal with long lines

Pros, we are.  ;D

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #492 on: January 12, 2021, 04:06:06 PM »
I'm seeing super pod COVID vaccination sites are opening up, but instructions say the employer will tell people where to sign up. What if they are over 65 and aren't working? Where do they sign up?

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #493 on: January 12, 2021, 08:29:03 PM »
I'm seeing super pod COVID vaccination sites are opening up, but instructions say the employer will tell people where to sign up. What if they are over 65 and aren't working? Where do they sign up?

Your state hasn't adopted the over 65 CDC guidance yet.  So they are operating under 1A rules for health care workers.  Since that guidance wasn't changed until this morning, I would give them a few days to change things.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2021, 09:06:24 PM »
Your state hasn't adopted the over 65 CDC guidance yet.  So they are operating under 1A rules for health care workers.  Since that guidance wasn't changed until this morning, I would give them a few days to change things.

They're giving them at Disneyland and Dodger Stadium. I would take either. I just don't know where to make the appointment. Anyone?

Never mind. I found it: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. Not easy to get through.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 10:07:38 PM by puppy »