Author Topic: SDCC 2024 Returning Registration  (Read 12947 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: SDCC 2024 Badge Sale Preparation (Returning Registration)
« Reply #210 on: November 05, 2023, 10:09:29 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I noticed a payment deadline date of January 31, 2024 is listed on the badge confirmation emails, after which it will be cancelled if unpaid. Pretty generous window.

That's more than generous, it amounts to a free hold for 3 months.  Since you can place the order now and have 3 months to pay.  That's 3 months to figure out if you can actually make it or not and if you can't, avoid the 10% cancellation fee + $15 service charge.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1279
« Reply #211 on: November 05, 2023, 10:16:16 AM »
That's more than generous, it amounts to a free hold for 3 months.  Since you can place the order now and have 3 months to pay.  That's 3 months to figure out if you can actually make it or not and if you can't, avoid the 10% cancellation fee + $15 service charge.

I am going to say---when I read that January 31, 2024 date, I was rather shocked.  It gave me pause.  I did think a bit about waiting, but I went ahead and paid.  But still...it made me think twice.  And reminded me to always read the fine print.
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: SDCC 2024 Returning Registration
« Reply #212 on: Today at 11:20:53 AM »

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 706
« Reply #212 on: November 05, 2023, 11:39:56 AM »
The returning registration badge sale was a damn mess! I used two laptops and my android phone this year. This was the first time I did this because last year, I was shut out completely and had to rely on Open registration to get my badge. After an hour and 10 minutes, my first laptop gained access to buy badges, but guess what? Configrio didn't accept my log in credentials! Saturday JUST sold out and I'm desperately trying to log it and it would not allow me. However, moments later, my android got access to buy badges and I was able to secure Thurs and Friday. I bought the badges within seconds. Then I saw the update that Friday was sold out, but I got my badge in the knick of time.

Then like 3 minutes after, my second laptop gave me access to by the Sunday badge, I was able to log in with no problems.

I received the email this morning that my payment was processed for the three days. I will try for Saturday on Open registration day, but I'm so just so disappointed in the management of the badge sale. There are terrible glitches in the system that screw people over in unfair ways. Why at 9:30 am PST I have 14 mins left to get access to buy a badge, only for the screen to 'glitch' and then say I have 55 minutes? WTH? :headbang:

I'm just lucky I got T, F and Sunday, and I will try to get Sat when open registration comes around.

So I'm just curious, since I didn't get in at all. (Thank GOD for the buying group).

When you got in the first time, you bought, Thursday and Friday.  Was Sunday Not available?
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1990
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2023, 12:05:32 AM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Now that it's been a few days since the actual sale, it's time to rename this thread from "SDCC 2024 Badge Sale Preparation (Returning Registration)" to "SDCC 2024 Returning Registration" to clarify this between the open registration thread.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2023, 06:28:52 PM »
Late to the party. So my "group" (it was actually just me + my sister teaming up with a friend + his nephew) all got badges by the 20 minute mark. My session started out as 40 minutes left, then it suddenly dropped to 27, then 19, then 12. I did get in by 9:12am.

Last year, I ended up relying on a fellow FoCC'er to get badges with an extra session she had, so this is the first time I had gone through the full registration buying 4 day + PN. And it was PN that nearly tripped me up. I couldn't find where to add it! I spent a minute on that first page before I started panicking about time (I still had well over 10 minutes, but still!), so I decided to go on to the next page, and that's where I saw the option to add PN. So unintuitive!! Anyway, after that, it was smooth sailing.

I'll be there at Open to help others out!

I had another session open up like 10 minutes later, and I tried to buy badges for others, but by then, the servers were being extremely temperamental, and my session borked out, and I never did get to purchase. But fortunately those others still ended up getting badges from others.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2023, 06:32:38 PM »
Late to the party. So my "group" (it was actually just me + my sister teaming up with a friend + his nephew) all got badges by the 20 minute mark. My session started out as 40 minutes left, then it suddenly dropped to 27, then 19, then 12. I did get in by 9:12am.

Last year, I ended up relying on a fellow FoCC'er to get badges with an extra session she had, so this is the first time I had gone through the full registration buying 4 day + PN. And it was PN that nearly tripped me up. I couldn't find where to add it! I spent a minute on that first page before I started panicking about time (I still had well over 10 minutes, but still!), so I decided to go on to the next page, and that's where I saw the option to add PN. So unintuitive!! Anyway, after that, it was smooth sailing.

I'll be there at Open to help others out!

I had another session open up like 10 minutes later, and I tried to buy badges for others, but by then, the servers were being extremely temperamental, and my session borked out, and I never did get to purchase. But fortunately those others still ended up getting badges from others.
I don't know why they separate Preview Night like that - it tripped me up last year (user error LOL), and this year (more glitch related this time - it didn't show up on one session, even though it was available).
Glad I wasn't alone with the PN frustration!
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9656
« Reply #216 on: November 09, 2023, 06:03:21 AM »
My best guess is that they're trying to make PN a choice. They don't want people just clicking everything because they are in a blind hurry. By giving you the choice after, only people who really want PN are buying it.

I agree though, it is nerve-wracking the first time you go through that, when it looks like PN has sold out!

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 294
« Reply #217 on: November 09, 2023, 06:24:59 AM »
Wondering what it is going to look like for people this time just looking for PN??

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 135
« Reply #218 on: November 09, 2023, 07:58:38 AM »
It would be nice if they had a "purchase all" options and then list everything individually under that for those who wanted to just choose certain days.

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #219 on: November 09, 2023, 08:01:03 AM »
Wondering what it is going to look like for people this time just looking for PN??

My guess is when you put in the member ID it would only show what that person was still able to purchase. So If I was missing PN, example, that would be the only option.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4537
« Reply #220 on: November 09, 2023, 08:02:05 AM »
My guess is when you put in the member ID it would only show what that person was still able to purchase. So If I was missing PN, example, that would be the only option.

Last year I remember it was hard to find at first, I think it was top of the page.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Wkdbriss

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #221 on: November 09, 2023, 08:04:47 AM »
Last year I remember it was hard to find at first, I think it was top of the page.

Sometimes I feel like CCI just likes to mess with us. Like, "They're all in panic mode! Let's put it somewhere weird."  :w000t:

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2023, 10:31:28 AM »
I don't know why they separate Preview Night like that - it tripped me up last year (user error LOL), and this year (more glitch related this time - it didn't show up on one session, even though it was available).
Glad I wasn't alone with the PN frustration!

The way they listed PN was confusing and a time suck. It should have been on the same page. I thought it sold out at first then I saw the prompt on the next page. But it sold out when I was checking out so I had to go back again and remove it.

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #223 on: November 12, 2023, 12:16:59 PM »
It would be nice if they had a "purchase all" options and then list everything individually under that for those who wanted to just choose certain days.
I think there used to be an option to buy all - I can't find a picture of it. I do know that they used to have everything on one page.

But, that's a good point that they want people to choose it separately and not panic buy it because they were in a rush. But why not just have it appear in the same area. or have it be grayed out unless you select all other days.
Ang

Offline Snick3

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #224 on: November 12, 2023, 04:32:53 PM »
As anxious as I was for returning registration I am even more anxious for hotelpocalypse. I was in in under 2 minutes and did not get a downtown hotel. I know this about registration....just pointing out that I think hotelpocalypse is more stressful, for me!