Author Topic: X-Men: Days Of Future Past @ SDCC?  (Read 5116 times)

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
X-Men: Days Of Future Past @ SDCC?
« on: February 20, 2013, 10:31:44 AM »
Singer tweeted this:

How many days until @Comic_Con? #XMen #DaysofFuturePast #SDCC pic.twitter.com/FMPSj17p

Let the rumors begin!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: X-Men: Days Of Future Past @ SDCC?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 10:37:21 AM »
*mumble*mumble*mumble*rumor*mumble*mumble*mumble*

I'm still trying to figure out what the big Star Trek announcement could be...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:41:39 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:41:32 AM »
I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie. 

Its one of my all time favorites.  Same goes for Wovlerine.

I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too. 

I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga. 

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie.  I will keep an open mind about this movie. 

Its one of my all time favorites.  Same goes for Wovlerine.

I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too.  I will keep an open mind about that movie too. 

I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.  I will not think about how they destroyed the Dark Pheonix Saga.

A few things to remember:

1) Singer had nothing to do with the 3rd X-men debacle
2) I think FIRST CLASS was pretty awesome.  I don't like how they kinda rushed at the end to get to the status quo (X crippled, Eric a bad guy, etc), but they did a good job kind of rebooting the franchise

This film might be a real interesting one: a sequel/prequel/reboot type of phenomena.  Plus, Singer has talked recently about how to "fix" and right the mistakes of the 3rd X-men mess, so I think this has hope.  Bringing Singer back was an obvious move to placate fans of his first X-men movies.  That's got to be a weird place for him, dealing with "fixing" things he might've disagreed with in the four X-men movies so far while also not screwing up the narrative already established.

I agree this is a pretty huge story to tackle, and I'll be interested in seeing how it works out: I guess I'm more on the optimistic side on this one

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
I guess I'm more on the optimistic side on this one

You can be the optimist and I can be the pessimist.  That way there will be balance to The Force.  :)

I just pretend that X3 didn’t happen.  Denial is very powerful.  :)  I was SO disappointed in it after I had bleeding goosebumps at the end of X2.

I am less pessimistic about “Days” because there is more flexibility as far as characters go than Wolvie.

Posting the rest of my Wolvie comments here so that I don’t completely hijack the thread.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 11:38:44 AM »
Maybe this will make you guys feel better.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
Very early set images.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:22:55 PM »

You can be the optimist and I can be the pessimist.  That way there will be balance to The Force.  :)

deal  ;)

I just pretend that X3 didn’t happen.  Denial is very powerful.  :)  I was SO disappointed in it after I had bleeding goosebumps at the end of X2.

I am less pessimistic about “Days” because there is more flexibility as far as characters go than Wolvie.

I am 100% with you, and except for an intriguing storyline wasted (the mutant 'cure,' not just the Phoenix storyline they screwed up) I ignore that POS.  It's too bad Singer walked away from that film to make a mediocre Superman film

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »
It's too bad Singer walked away from that film to make a mediocre Superman film

Ditto. 

When I saw the end of X2, I got goosebumps so bad that my girlfriend asked if I was ok.  Then for them to make that "movie" where the Phoenix force destroys a whole room...  <--Sarcasm.

I've got to stop talking about X3, I'm starting to not feel well...