Author Topic: Post Con Blues  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Post Con Blues
« on: July 24, 2018, 11:42:49 AM »
Happens every year...

Once I return home from the con I get the Post Con Blues.  I'm already thinking "hey, only 358 days to go before the next con."  What do I do with my free time now that I'm not planning for a con?  Ugh I hate the post con blues so much y'all...   ???

How you all doing?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Post Con Blues
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 11:45:39 AM »
Not bad at all this year.  I think I was inoculated by my early bout of post con depression a couple of months ago.  Also the extended con experience this year with the early offsites seems to help as well.  After 4 days of con experience where I would normally get the blues, I still had more con left to go.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:51:38 AM »

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 11:47:45 AM »
[member=4434]Angel_[/member] Back at work today and suffering from post con blues as well :( But glad I finally got to meet you IRL this year! Even if it was a very brief meeting.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 11:57:02 AM »
For some reason I wasn't really feeling it this year.  I LOVED going to Conan.  I LOVED our meet ups and seeing all my friends from here.  But I went to just 2 panels and walked the floor once.  I think the disappointment over no Marvel and no GoT, and everyone's stress over the lottery, affected my outlook.  I did sit by the pool and read a book and I'm really glad I did.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 12:37:00 PM »
I never really have Post Con Blues and this year is no different. 

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 12:38:53 PM »
Same! I'm never too sad/suffer from SDCC PCD.. And yet, I can't stop thinking about it. I'm already thinking about next year and the memories/excitement to come :)

Offline brand4d2

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 01:23:41 PM »
I’ve started to plan for next year already!   Took note that Del Mar Opening Day will be the same as Preview Night and so I’ll need to arrive the day before PN.   

I’ve also been going back and analyzing each day of the con and seeing where I wasted time, where I could have improved my overall experience.    I made a conscious effort this year to forgo some of the panels I go to yearly in favor of new experiences.   Sometimes that worked out, other times it didn’t.   

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 01:32:15 PM »
Having Dragon Con in a few weeks helps. I am also going to my first K-Pop concert this weekend, so that helps, too. Distraction is the key for me, I guess. After DC, it will probably hit me.
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »
Having Dragon Con in a few weeks helps. I am also going to my first K-Pop concert this weekend, so that helps, too. Distraction is the key for me, I guess. After DC, it will probably hit me.

Tell me about it! I'm off to GenCon next week, so it still feels frenzied around here.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2018, 01:56:36 PM »
I have been the most exhausted that I have ever been in my life this year. I went into Con exhausted from work and it just never let up. This was the first year ever, that I never got to a single panel, which really disappointed me, but I was always running out of time while I didn't even accomplish too much. It was a weird year for me. I haven't left the house since I got home Sunday night and slept off and on the entire day yesterday and finally today took some time to go through my mountain of con stuff that built up over the days. I'm still so exhausted though and just don't feel myself. I think I'm going to end up taking another day off tomorrow. I'm completely out of sorts.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
I've gotten the PostCon Blues a couple times, but in recent years not so much. I think partially because I didn't have any extreme highs like past years. It was an average con for me personally. The main thing I'm feeling now is exhaustion. It was five days of nearly non-stop walking or being on my feet. I really thought I was getting sick yesterday. Today, I'm a bit better. And hopefully by this weekend I'm back to 100% because I have the SF Marathon to run.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 03:09:35 PM »
I'm normally kinda bummed when SDCC is over, but this year I felt literally tired to my bones today.  Glad this work week's light for me.  But bring on planning for #SDCC2019!
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 05:26:36 PM »
I no longer usually get PCD. I go to enough conventions per year now that I always have something to look forward to...although SDCC is my last big one for the year, a few anime cons are coming up.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 06:23:14 PM »
We returned from SD on Monday and had a full day of college orientation today for my son. it was kind of funny, they warn you that there will be a lot of walking and waiting in lines but after SDCC it was a breeze.

Haven't unpacked the swag/purchases suitcase yet, that's when I get a bit sad since it makes me remember everything.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:16 PM »
We returned from SD on Monday and had a full day of college orientation today for my son. it was kind of funny, they warn you that there will be a lot of walking and waiting in lines but after SDCC it was a breeze.

Haven't unpacked the swag/purchases suitcase yet, that's when I get a bit sad since it makes me remember everything.
My "suitcase of fun" is staring at me to unpack it :)
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"