Author Topic: Post Con Blues  (Read 3720 times)

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
Re: Post Con Blues
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2018, 08:49:01 AM »
The blues haven't hit me too hard this year, probably because I've been too occupied with doing other things... Heck, I still haven't fully unpacked yet!

Compared to prior years, I didn't have the best of times because I didn't get to hang out with friends thanks to the exclusive lottery. Before, we would either camp out or line up early for exclusives, but that was taken away. During the con, I saw a few friends in passing, and we said our "hellos" but that was all. For the most part, we all ended up doing our own thing separately during the con. Also, thanks to the above, I had to miss out on a few panels because of the times I was assigned. I'm also a cosplayer, so I depend on that as an outlet, but it seemed that there weren't a great number of cosplayers this year. I hooked up with a cosplay group on Sunday afternoon, which was great, but it was only for a couple of hours.

This year, my post-con blues stem more from the realization that my vacation is over and I have to go back to work. The more fun I have at a con, the harder the blues hit, and this year, it was just kind of ho-hum for me. SDCC with friends is amazing, but by yourself, not so much.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2018, 12:14:54 PM »
my post con blues usually dont hit til like a month after I get back. I travel out of state and live in a much much quieter area then San Diego so while I love to go every year its nice to come back home to the quiet. That being said after about a month or so of readjusting to everyday life I'm ready to escape again. :P

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:30:49 PM »

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2018, 03:22:50 PM »
Yesterday when I was at work, I was thinking, exactly one week ago I was sitting in Hall H watching the Star Trek Discovery panel. And right now, I'm sitting in a café thinking, one week ago I was wandering around the Exhibit Hall taking pix of all the cosplayers.

I'm usually sick of SDCC by the beginning of Sunday -- mainly due to exhaustion -- and this year was no different. And it usually takes me a long time (months) to get back into the SDCC mood. But this year, I'm already itching to go back.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2018, 05:09:03 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yesterday when I was at work, I was thinking, exactly one week ago I was sitting in Hall H watching the Star Trek Discovery panel. And right now, I'm sitting in a café thinking, one week ago I was wandering around the Exhibit Hall taking pix of all the cosplayers.

I'm usually sick of SDCC by the beginning of Sunday -- mainly due to exhaustion -- and this year was no different. And it usually takes me a long time (months) to get back into the SDCC mood. But this year, I'm already itching to go back.

I've been doing the same since Wednesday.  While I have avoided the blues this year, I haven't avoided confluenza.  It hit on Tuesday.  I think it was a dude coughing on me from behind in line on Sunday.  I could feel his breath.  I tried moving away but he kept following me for some reason.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2018, 08:08:10 PM »
In some ways SDCC18 was like riding a kiddie roller coaster compared to the thrills of previous years.  Don’t get me wrong, I had fun, made some friends (which atm is the only reason I want to come back next year) but it didn’t meet previous highs of other years.  So I am not crashing as hard as I have before. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2018, 12:34:42 PM »
This year we stayed an extra day - so rather than leaving on our usual Monday, we left San Diego on Tuesday, which I think helped a bit with the post-con blues. Overall, I just try to jump into my post-con work for our website and that usually helps, but this year I came down sick. It has dragged out my comic-con exhaustion and hasn't helped me to get back to normal life - still haven't completely unpacked.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2018, 06:02:32 PM »
My Monday after con was pretty much spent on the plane...left at 8a, landed around 7, went to grab a bite right after and didn't crawl into bed till around 10:30p.  Next day back at work at 7:30a, and all at my office wanted to hear all about it.

I think next year I'm taking a "real" camera and not just my phone.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"