Author Topic: Postponed: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020  (Read 22851 times)

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
Re: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2020, 07:38:26 AM »
Thank you FoCC. Got my tickets. This will definitely be sold out as soon as it is more well known. There are three of us going and each one of us really likes one of the groups. Perfect!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2020, 01:02:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My friends and I got tickets the day tickets went on sale, we're so amped! It's been a bucketlist for my friend to go to a Green Day concert forever, so she's so excited.
Green Day has always been fun live.  I saw them a ton on the Kerplunk and Dookie tours, and they used to have a segment where they'd just screw around during a song (maybe during 'Paper Lanterns?'): they'd cover other segments of songs and get the crowd all amped up.  One time I saw them on my 18th birthday, in their very first huge headlining gig: is was a Cleveland 'back to school' all-day concert with Green Day headlining & tickets were literally $10 _WITH_ the service charge (for general admission in the back lawn, at least).  My friends and I snuck up to the front mosh pit section, and during that mess-around segment I yelled "it's my birthday!" and Billy Joe asked me to prove it.  After I showed him my driver's license (and after he spouted my addresses, encouraging the crowd to leave the show now and steal all my stuff  :P ) they played/sang "happy birthday' similar to what The Ramones did on The Simpsons (which had aired less than a year previous).  Then Tre Cool handed me a cymbal.
And then they played a disco riff and another rando got on stage and break danced so I was upstaged quickly.

I've had so much fun at Green Day shows in the early 1990's; I'm sure this show will be a blast - have fun!

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Postponed: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020
« Reply #62 on: Today at 06:46:55 PM »

Offline rodneytfreeman

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 69
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »
We just bought our tickets for this. It'll be interesting to see if there are any panels we HAVE to see at the same time as the concert starts.
SDCC: 2016, 2019, 2020

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2020, 03:17:35 PM »
Well the concert is late enough. probably won't affect any major panels. That is if the entire event doesn't get canceled.

Offline realninjaturtle

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2020, 11:23:54 AM »
So anyone hear if this is also cancelled? At least I bought the insurance.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2020, 11:32:40 AM »
So anyone hear if this is also cancelled? At least I bought the insurance.
no word yet. I can not imagine it still occurring tho

music promoters are the worst at giving refunds tho ;)
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline realninjaturtle

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
When it is cancelled, I would expect Ticketmaster to send the refunds.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2020, 03:01:24 PM »
When it is cancelled, I would expect Ticketmaster to send the refunds.
yes
I just use to work i the music industry & ...well, I have opinions about certain folks.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2020, 04:35:45 PM »
There's been an ongoing issue with so many canceled events, and if an event is "postponed" instead of canceled, people have not been getting refunds.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2020, 08:04:03 PM »
There's been an ongoing issue with so many canceled events, and if an event is "postponed" instead of canceled, people have not been getting refunds.
yep... not surprised.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2020, 10:03:17 AM »
Sounds like Ticketmaster/Live Nation are trying to address the issue (Live Nation owns Ticketmaster):

"According to Live Nation’s plan, which starts May 1, people can obtain refunds for canceled or rescheduled shows. Like another plan instituted this week by AEG Presents, Live Nation’s biggest corporate rival, refunds for postponed shows will be available for 30 days once new dates have been set. For events that already have new dates, customers’ 30-day refund window will start May 1.

Live Nation has also offered incentives for its customers to hold on to their tickets — and therefore let the company to hold on to revenue. For canceled shows, Live Nation is offering its customers credits worth 150 percent of their tickets’ value to use on future events."

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2020, 08:06:22 PM »
The concert has officially been postponed and not allowing refunds currently, per email:

Hang on to your tickets — we’ll email you as soon as the new date is announced.

Please Note: Your event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Given the unprecedented circumstances, event organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds. You can always check your Ticketmaster Account later, as this status may change. Just go to your order to see if a refund link appears, which would indicate that the event organizer has made your order eligible for a refund.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

-Ticketmaster Fan Support

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »

greenday An update on Hella Mega North America

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2020, 10:23:44 AM »
The concert has officially been postponed and not allowing refunds currently, per email:

Please Note: Your event organizer is not allowing refunds at this time. Given the unprecedented circumstances, event organizers are constantly assessing the situation and making determinations regarding refunds. You can always check your Ticketmaster Account later, as this status may change. Just go to your order to see if a refund link appears, which would indicate that the event organizer has made your order eligible for a refund.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We look forward to gathering and celebrating the live experience together again.

What an awful policy: MLB has done similar.  Without even a hint of when a makeup date could be, it seems shameful that in a pandemic with Depression-era unemployment these companies are screwing with their customers by not refunding.

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
Re: Postponed: Green Day/Fall Out Boy/Weezer at Petco 7/24/2020
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »

So, that is exactly what it has said for my postponed BTS concert for the last 2 months. Until today, when I got an email saying I could choose to refund now, which would take up to 30 days. Yay! I'm sure every concert is different but maybe log into your TM accounts and see if the option to refund has appeared in your event.

Because they're Ticketmaster and can't do anything decent unless it's in the most obnoxious way possible, they also said this is the ONLY time I can request a refund. If I don't do it now, I will not be able to request a refund when the new dates are announced.