Author Topic: Programming & Panel line-ups  (Read 59596 times)

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
Programming & Panel line-ups
« on: February 18, 2013, 05:52:20 AM »
When do they normally announce the programme's and panels?

I can't quite remember how it was last year, even though I was only looking at the programme rather than attending

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: Programming & Panel line-ups
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 05:56:05 AM »
In the past 2 years they have been releasing the programming schedule 2 weeks before the Con. Preview Night and Thursday are released 2 Thursdays before the Con, Friday is released 2 Fridays before the Con, etc.

However, sometimes occasional panels' days and times are 'leaked' a little in advance of that (within the month before SDCC) by the studios who have booked those times.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:26:00 AM »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 08:25:24 AM »
Looking at previous years will give you an idea of when returning shows will generally be scheduled.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »
Based on the last couple of years it seems like you start to hear from some of the studios or networks a little after Memorial Day.  This site will be one of the best to come to for information.  The forumites here are really good about posting info.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 09:40:20 AM »
We've got a wonderful moderator, lawnboysam returning again this year.  She collected all the tweets & individual announcements in one or two spots on the forum.   It wasn't everyone who attended but it did give us a good idea.

Look for her posts .... they'll prob. start in a couple of months
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:45 PM »
Ok, thanks all. Shall await more info

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:01:51 PM »
Ok, thanks all. Shall await more info

And of course if you hear anything, pass the info along and we'll try and confirm it!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:36 PM »
Seat42F on Twitter is always on top of announcements as well. TVLine.com has a few "exclusive" announcements because they sometimes moderate panels.

angel_k

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 08:51:45 PM »
I certainly hope Supernatural and Doctor Who are on Sunday because that's the only badge me and my friends have and those are the ones we really care a lot about.

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 09:42:03 PM »
I certainly hope Supernatural and Doctor Who are on Sunday because that's the only badge me and my friends have and those are the ones we really care a lot about.

Given that they've been in Hall H the last two years, I'd be very surprised if they moved.  Other than TBBT, Game of Thrones, and TWD, TV in Hall H is pretty much just a Sunday thing.

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 06:54:20 PM »

I'm hoping its on Sunday as well. As thats the badge I bought for my free day away from volunteering. out of curiosity though are you guys going to try for resale?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:43 AM »

I've never been a Doctor Who fan (not that I don't like it, I've just never really watched the show), but I'm intrigued to see what they do this year for their big anniversary.  I wonder if the higher profile will cause them to want to put the panel on a more high profile day.

That being said, from what I've been told by CCI organizers, space in Hall H is definitely a premium, and certain studios typically like to be consistent with their days (i.e. it's sometimes hard to switch days unless another studio who typically occupies Hall H doesn't bring a panel).

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 12:55:01 AM »
That being said, from what I've been told by CCI organizers, space in Hall H is definitely a premium, and certain studios typically like to be consistent with their days (i.e. it's sometimes hard to switch days unless another studio who typically occupies Hall H doesn't bring a panel).

Guess it depends on what studios will come to SDCC this year. I think a couple major studios stayed away last year? Figure Hall H on Saturday is movies. Probably Thursday as well. Friday might be the big TV shows. Sunday will be everything else since BR 20 is probably closed. Wouldn't mind if they did panel playback in BR 20 all day of all the popular panels.

Offline comicbookgal09

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:46 PM »
However it is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who and they have said that there will be a major presence at Comic Con. When I went in 2007, Friday was Star Wars day. Maybe they will make this Friday be Dr. Who day.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 04:55:10 PM »
However it is the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who and they have said that there will be a major presence at Comic Con. When I went in 2007, Friday was Star Wars day. Maybe they will make this Friday be Dr. Who day.

Yeah, up until pretty recently Friday was always Star Wars Day.  I assume there wasn't a lot of (public) activity the last few years other than the Clone Wars animated show.  I wonder if now Star Wars will likely amp up their presence again. 
I agree that with Dr. Who's 50th they'll have a bigger presence than normal.  I honestly don't know if Sunday has become their thing be default or if it's an embraced type of thing (I think Lost always had their panels same day/approximate time and they kinda hyped on it annually).