Author Topic: What would you be doing right now for SDCC??  (Read 3900 times)

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
Re: What would you be doing right now for SDCC??
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »
I live in SD too. No flight or hotels but probably keeping track of exclusives, off sites and saving up money from work to buy stuff.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 12:39:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Lucky at living in SD! You gotta let me know how it looks when "that week" happens! I can't even imagine that city that week with no fanfare!

Yeah I think we're around the time of year when I'd be excited seeing the Comic-Con banners up when I go to Padres games.  It's gonna suck not seeing the trolleys, banners, and other 'fanfare' this summer (I haven't been downtown since sometime well before the world shut down on Friday March 13th, and w/out SDCCI or Padres I doubt I'll be down in that neck of the woods much/if at all this summer - maybe when/if the zoo and Balboa Park open I'll be in that corner of downtown)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 04:21:35 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2020, 02:17:31 PM »
I'd be staring at the clock trying to make time go faster.

That, procrastinating on updating my comic list. 

Online marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 01:16:30 PM »
I would probably be hunting our threads for hotels, and flying with the hotel angels helping others if I already secured mine.  :)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 12:44:13 AM »
My phone would be blowing up every few minutes because of all the twitter alerts I have just to get the edge on getting those RSVPs/tickets for off site events.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 10:32:53 AM »
Hopefully by now I would have a hotel, but even so, I’d be constantly checking availability, partially to possibly help others score a room, partially so maybe I can get a closer hotel, and partially just to keep track and possibly use this info for next year.

Also right now I’d be trying to get into offsite events. But every year I have absolutely terrible luck. I usually find out about ticket availability somehow always the day after they’re gone. In fact, the past three years I haven’t managed to get into any good ticketed events.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 10:44:06 AM »
I'd be trying for Mezco exclusives via online process and remembering how it's still much easier than trying to get one in the Exhibit Hall.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
I'm a teacher, and yesterday was my 'teacher check-out day,' with our 3rd and final 'drive through' graduation Thursday afternoon/evening.  In the 'old normal,' the last weeks of May and first weeks of June would've meant:
* 5 concerts I either planned/conducted/assisted with
* 2 Awards Ceremony events (one of which I would've had a hand in planning)
* final playing tests
* drum line audition week for the upcoming fall marching band season that I would've ran
* Finals week + senior stuff
* Graduation night which the band plays at
* Teach Check-out, where we turn in our grades and do several other 'tasks' to check-out/sign-off with our Administrators before summer
And then Saturday, summer vacation starts, but that would mostly entail me making sure summer percussion rehearsals were ready to go lesson-plan wise.

BUT...

that also means that now I would be entering full-on SDCCI prep-mode.  I would've typically been scouring the internet constantly for all the coolest party info, exclusives, pop-up stuff, etc.  Essentially, today would mark the day that me obsessing over Comic-Con begins. I would've had my badges + parking line-up (the 'business' part of SDCCI) and I would be all focused on planning (the 'fun' part).

Sigh; instead, with the "new normal," I had day 3 of drive-through graduation, turned in grades and "checked-out" that Thursday, started summer break Friday morning after an incredibly short end-of-year zoom faculty meeting.  And now I'm sitting here reminded "no: there are no summer rehearsals allowed, no July 4th parade to prep for, no fireworks that our booster parents run, and...sigh/sniff...no Comic-Con plans to obsess over."

Sigh

At least with graduation I wore something other than gym shorts for the first day since March 16th, the last time I was on campus before graduation events: meaning, I wore a belt for the first time in almost 3 months - _AND_ I wore a polo shirt for the first time since Friday March 13th (as opposed to t-shirts)!

Online sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2020, 09:19:12 AM »
Last year this time, the badge shipping email went out.

I'd be checking my package status.    :( :(
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2020, 11:37:09 AM »
Last year this time, the badge shipping email went out.

I'd be checking my package status.    :( :(
Yeah, and I think the year or two before that I already had my whole family/friends' badges (according to my "on this day..." FB stuff from this past weekend)

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2020, 12:21:23 PM »

that also means that now I would be entering full-on SDCCI prep-mode.  I would've typically been scouring the internet constantly for all the coolest party info, exclusives, pop-up stuff, etc.  Essentially, today would mark the day that me obsessing over Comic-Con begins. I would've had my badges + parking line-up (the 'business' part of SDCCI) and I would be all focused on planning (the 'fun' part).

I think this week would have been my Full-On Comic-con activation obsession mode!😁 I say that because as of right now, I'm actually doing one of the things i usually do; watch everyone's vlog from the previous year. Watching these would set theb mood for me as i spend the next few weeks picking over everything,  and packing and watching every site possible for offsite info. Id also be searching exclusives to see what my pics would be for this year!!

**sigh** i miss that spark of comic-con energy that would be in the air right now!