Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91098 times)

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm using an auto fill program but I'm entering the names for the other 3 people and apparently I'm a slow typer plus I get really nervous  :(

You can also set up and use autofill for the other 3 people (in Chrome, anyway) if you aren't currently! That might help cut down on time  :)
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
Lol, I need someone standing behind me blowing a whistle and shaking my chair

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
You can also set up and use autofill for the other 3 people (in Chrome, anyway) if you aren't currently! That might help cut down on time  :)
Thank you so much for that information   I'll look into that now

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
I don't need to put in fake friend name, then! Thanks for your useful info!

Decided to go back and check my e-mails just to be safe. I thought it gave us a time-frame but it actually did not which is slightly worrying. As such, I would definitely recommend using an e-mail address that you check quite frequently. I know I have a couple that I use occasionally but don't always check daily and some that I obsessively check throughout the day.

For reference, here is the e-mail I received from TP regarding a duplicate name on reservations:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hopefully that information will help a bit ^. However, I believe it still took us a couple of days to get it sorted out because my friend with the second reservation was out of town the first day or two.

I'm using an auto fill program but I'm entering the names for the other 3 people and apparently I'm a slow typer plus I get really nervous  :(

Also, you can edit information after the fact if you get a reservation. Such as the room type (triple vs. quad etc.) so you could consider not entering all four names and just doing two-three to cut down on time if that's slowing you down. But as mlgagne said, you can set up autofill to enter the names for you as well.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:02:50 PM by Iris_aya »
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
I'll volunteer :)

Lol, I need someone standing behind me blowing a whistle and shaking my chair
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
I'll volunteer :)

Lol,  thanks for being a team player  :D

Offline darthmaul1309

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
Are we sure that the form will take auto fill?  Ive set up chrome to auto fill but am concerned if the real form will take the auto filled names and address??  Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance...

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
Google form =/= TP hotel form. I would assume it won't work, and just be pleasantly surprised if it does

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
Thank you for this awesome walk-through. You are the true king of Westeros and I would support your bid for the Iron Throne. 

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
Google form =/= TP hotel form. I would assume it won't work, and just be pleasantly surprised if it does

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ahh, thanks for the warning ahead of time! I have always just assumed that any forms with standard information will take autofill, but it seems that one can never assume anything with SDCC, haha!
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
Is there an autofill program that works better than the others?  Because if my autofill program doesn't work, I'm screwed  :(

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
Had a dream that I was crying because I wanted to stay at MMM so badly... And that's not even my first choice, Hilton Bayfront is! Weird... Guess my brain is just stressing out over this hotel sale, which is only 11 days away now!

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
I had a dream that they made everyone who was local go TO the convention center and do the form from there. Everyone was on the same internet connection and not everyone was getting through to the form. It was awful and so anxiety inducing. Had to calm myself down once I woke up.

I really hope we get the hotel list soon and then I'll finish prep with my group and start practicing properly.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
The Rules for Travel Planners Hotel Lottery
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »
While I have read threads about how the lottery works, I could not find out these things:

1.) Do you have a better chance of getting your 1st choice if you book a full week Sun b4 till Sun or Monday after con, opposed to say just Wed thru Sun?

2.) Do you have a better chance of getting your first choice if you only ask for 1 room. If you ask for 3 and only 1 or 2 are available at your first choice what happens? Do you get 1 room at your first choice, then the other 2 at your second,etc, or are you automatically pushed to your 2nd choice or shot down altogether?

3.) When choosing, say 3 rooms, twin, 2 beds, do you only have to put one name for each of the 3 or are you required to put other names in cause you may want 2 beds as opposed to 1 beds? I am a single and always get 2 twins to use one bed for clothes or in case someone needs to crash unexpectedly.

I called TP and they seemed confused and did not have a direct answer for me.

Thanks, for any input anyone can provide :).

Offline NeedaRoomPlease

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 5
Posted as its' own topic and here since I was not sure how to do it:

While I have read threads about how the lottery works, I could not find out these things:

1.) Do you have a better chance of getting your 1st choice if you book a full week Sun b4 till Sun or Monday after con, opposed to say just Wed thru Sun?

2.) Do you have a better chance of getting your first choice if you only ask for 1 room. If you ask for 3 and only 1 or 2 are available at your first choice what happens? Do you get 1 room at your first choice, then the other 2 at your second,etc, or are you automatically pushed to your 2nd choice or shot down altogether?

3.) When choosing, say 3 rooms, twin, 2 beds, do you only have to put one name for each of the 3 or are you required to put other names in cause you may want 2 beds as opposed to 1 beds? I am a single and always get 2 twins to use one bed for clothes or in case someone needs to crash unexpectedly.

I called TP and they seemed confused and did not have a direct answer for me.

Thanks, for any input anyone can provide :).