Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91105 times)

Offline flipology

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm wondering with all the issues people had with load times/hotel choices if the times will also be longer. I've not seen anyone saying they submitted the form before 9:01.

i submitted my form before 9:01. didnt have any issues that others were having.

Offline Charlotte2997

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 7
Incase you don't follow SDCC Unofficial Blog (SD_Comic_Con) on twitter... They have said that they spoke to travel planners and anyone that had a bad form should call 877-552-6642 and Travel Planners will take your info

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
They're not going to do a redo. That just invites the same mess all over again. What they will have to do is come up with a policy for 'incomplete submissions'.

Offline gaeilstar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 70
I was one that did not have the drop-down load. Per the SDCC unofficial blog, I called TP and explained what happened. They took my name and number, and said that they would look at my form and call me back to have them ranked. Will let you know!

Offline lalv_99

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 5
They're not going to do a redo. That just invites the same mess all over again. What they will have to do is come up with a policy for 'incomplete submissions'.

I think that's what they're doing.  My friend called and they said they have your form submission time, just not your hotel info, so they took his info down.  His form auto-submitted without any hotel choices or # of rooms etc.

If your form didn't auto-submit I'm not sure if they know what they're doing for that yet, but it's worth giving them a call.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
I'm on hold with TP. First rep said if you could only submit one hotel the form is incomplete and did not go through. I asked to speak with Richard and waiting on hold now to see. I asked if she could look up my form to see if it submitted and she said no.

** I could only leave a message for him.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:52:11 AM by Angie »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
I'm glad people will be taken care of, but if someone submitted a partially blank form, wouldn't that improve their time stamp?  So will they get put ahead of those who submitted a fully completed form with a slightly later time stamp? 

Offline gaeilstar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 70
I'm glad people will be taken care of, but if someone submitted a partially blank form, wouldn't that improve their time stamp?  So will they get put ahead of those who submitted a fully completed form with a slightly later time stamp?

Well, mine successfully went through, but I wasn't able to rank. Hopefully they have some good news when they call me back. I will prob call in about 2 hours if I have not heard back from them.

Offline beadrbop

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 86
Incase you don't follow SDCC Unofficial Blog (SD_Comic_Con) on twitter... They have said that they spoke to travel planners and anyone that had a bad form should call 877-552-6642 and Travel Planners will take your info

thank you for posting this. I know someone who was trying to get rooms and sounded like she had a bad form (the hotel part would not work at all). She and her group are traveling from New Zealand. Just shared this info with her.

Oh and after seeing other posts I just realized I was unable to rank the hotels either. I was ok with the ranking it was showing (I had to add a few) so I left it at that. Wow I don't envy working at Travel Planners today or then next few days!

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
OK - spoke to TP (boy I'm glad I have international minutes) Lady (I forgot the name!) took all my details, my hotels, and my phone number (international) and she said someone will get back to me. I'm not hopeful of getting anything, but at least my case was lodged.

THANK YOU TPG FOR 100 FREE INTERNATIONAL MINUTES PER MONTH!

Edit - TP answered the phone within ten seconds
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 09:56:16 AM by xax »

Offline StarBell84

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 34
I called TP and was told to send an email to management explaining the situation. I may call back just in case. I bet their phones are ringing off the hook which is why they want to try that option
Free your inner nerd so your outer nerd has someone to talk to

Offline LesJ

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
Form took a while to load...

I concur!

Yeah, I went for Embassy Suites as my #1 and #2 picks. Fingers crossed!

We requested King suites, first Cityview, then Bayview, as our first two choices. You folks?

Offline Evilregal30

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 5
I just called TP to ask about the hotels auto populating on my form. They took down my actual choices so we will see. I think I had 6 hotels on my form so I'm not sure whether they will do anything or not since technically my form was completely filled out. Oh well, its always something with Comic-Con :)

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
I'm inpatient so I called TP back and the guy I got recorded my top 6. He said that once they get to my request they will manually put in my choices. Hopefully that will work.

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
Ummm ... I hope I did this right.  My form only allowed me to select/highlight the hotels I wanted.  I didn't get a first, second, etc choice.  This happened for everyone else, right?

Also, I saw that people who used Chrome filled out their forms using autofill.  Did those who did this have to still manually click on the hotels they wanted?
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster