Author Topic: CCI 2015 Guide to getting a Downtown Hotel Room (Travel Planners Hotel Lottery)  (Read 91117 times)

Offline Ghost6

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 64
I was another person who had a form not load correctly....I picked all 6 hotels but I didn't realize they weren't populating anywhere...I submitted after my picks and several hours later got the email allowing me to resubmit my picks which I immediately returned and got a confirmation.

But I have to say, that in my case...although it's nice that TP is attempting to help those of us who got bad forms, I still spent precious time trying to figure out WHY my form wasn't populating instead of submitting.  So, it might not be of ANY help to me that they asked for my six again since I spent so much time trying to figure what was going on.

This siituation has many sides to it, and it's just not going to be great for everyone involved.

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
I recieved three correction - FOUR emails that said request received. - three different request numbers - all three had correct hotels in order.

First one had my details, and under rooms requested, it had 6 blanks (Any downtown hotel option listed)

Second one - same as first

third one - Correct details, rooms requested and type correct. NO extra hotel options

fourth one - - details correct, rooms requested and type correct - NO extra hotel options

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Wow, did you actually submit that many times, Xax? :o

Offline DianaOfThemyscira

• Gaming Lounge
  • formerly Xax
  • Liked: 83
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow, did you actually submit that many times, Xax? :o

I had two automatic submissions, one that worked, and I spoke to TP over the phone once.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
Yeah, I was somewhere between 1:00-1:05, and I got two as well. Still haven't seen anyone over 90 seconds get two e-mails...

My SO was just over 90 seconds and he didn't get 2 emails. Whoever put forth the theory that they started and stopped and then started again sending emails seems to be dead on. I'd say if you got 2 emails, you're probably going to do alright. (That's speculation, of course).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 08:07:20 AM by BadWolf »

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
My SO was just over 90 seconds and he didn't get 2 emails. Whoever put forth the theory that they started and stopped and then started again sending emails seems to be dead on. I'd say if you got 2 emails, you're probably going to do alright. (That's speculation, of course).

I got 2 emails!!! I guess hope is all we really need. I don't have an exact time on the submission, but it was likely right around that 90 sec spot.

Offline imcla

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 38
I got two e-mails, and my full submission (the one with number of room, occupants names, etc) was screencapped at 9:02:30, so I guess it took me about 2:15 to submit, so that kind of breaks that theory? But then again, my two e-mails have two different reservation number (under the same e-mail address, with the same 6 hotels which I only picked once) so I don't know...

Offline jristen

• Ballroom 20
  • stardust and stuff
  • Liked: 760
I got two e-mails, and my full submission (the one with number of room, occupants names, etc) was screencapped at 9:02:30, so I guess it took me about 2:15 to submit, so that kind of breaks that theory? But then again, my two e-mails have two different reservation number (under the same e-mail address, with the same 6 hotels which I only picked once) so I don't know...

I do think there's a difference between people who got two identical emails (same #, same hotels, same room info, etc) and people who got two different emails. Two different emails seem to be some sort of weird system glitch to me and doesn't have a relation to time stamp. I'm not 100% convinced that that two identical emails do indicate time stamp, but anecdotally it seems like most people who got them submitted a form in under 1:30.

Offline conventiongeek

• Hall H
  • Liked: 270
So much speculation.... that's what we all do... funny.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
It passes the time.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4558
And still it's not passing fast enough!!!!

It passes the time.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464

I wish I could 'like' this a million times.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
We are damaged people. God help me; I love it so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline foxbatkllr

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 175
I was having nightmares last night and checked my email in the middle of the night "just in case" even though I know it won't be until much later today.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ

No, it is not.