Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127832 times)

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #780 on: March 04, 2021, 08:01:36 AM »
i've got an appointment with my gp to see if my medical issues and age enable my inclusion into the 'pre-existing condition' tier.
otherwise I'll have to wait for the general tier of age 16-64 in a couple of months.  I feel like I was kicked out of pre-reg into open reg when they disallowed the 50-64 age group. #sigh
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #781 on: March 04, 2021, 10:51:01 AM »
Vaccine update:
* San Diego County is now already on Quartile 2: reminder that they started on Quartile 4, and have moved three quartiles in 6 days.
* For those in the current tiers, there seem to be a TON of open appointments throughout the county.  This is the info provided to employees in my district:

•   CVS: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
•   Rite Aid: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
•   Walgreens: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
•   Albertsons: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

* there are so many open appointments currently myself and many colleagues have changed appointments 'on a whim' for sooner.  Just a half hour ago I changed to an appointment to tomorrow late afternoon/early evening (since it was open, I figured I might as well get an earlier appointment so my 2nd appointment is 8 days earlier to get a jump on all of the spring break travelers we'll inevitably have). 

I say this to maybe help calm folks who are patiently waiting their 'turn' to be vaccinated: it feels like things are drastically improving and will only et BETTER as the J&J goes into mass production this month (also to maybe subtly illustrated the vast ocean of "process" between the 'official' county distribution method and the private companies distribution method)

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #782 on: Today at 05:22:32 PM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #782 on: March 04, 2021, 11:21:29 AM »
The country is so uneven on availability of appts.  Here in San Diego, it's been pretty easy.  Appts are plentiful.  I know someone on the East Coast that's been trying and can't get one.  Whether waking up early or staying up late at night and checking all day long, there's no availability.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #783 on: March 04, 2021, 11:50:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The country is so uneven on availability of appts.  Here in San Diego, it's been pretty easy.  Appts are plentiful.  I know someone on the East Coast that's been trying and can't get one.  Whether waking up early or staying up late at night and checking all day long, there's no availability.
Yeah I know people in TX & Georgia who also seem to be struggling finding appointments (conversely, I know people who are younger than me who are professional writers who have started getting vaccination).  Feels like a step or two removed from 'the wild west' right now

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #784 on: March 04, 2021, 12:32:15 PM »
Yeah I know people in TX & Georgia who also seem to be struggling finding appointments (conversely, I know people who are younger than me who are professional writers who have started getting vaccination).  Feels like a step or two removed from 'the wild west' right now

Media are essential workers in tier 1C.  Some states have already moved to that tier.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #785 on: March 04, 2021, 02:48:39 PM »
I got a text today that #2 happens on 3/30 @ 10:45a. No need to reach out, call, whatever, they just texted and I'm set up.

The disparate experiences that people are having getting shots is just freakin' crazy.  Keep trying to help folks get theirs but it's such a crapshoot.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #786 on: March 04, 2021, 05:32:32 PM »
Just received my first dose. Second scheduled for 4/1. I’m so relieved, but I won’t be letting my guard down yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #787 on: March 05, 2021, 09:30:48 AM »
I got my second dose yesterday at Moscone Center, same quick in and out in less than 30 minutes.
The only side effect to the second dose (Pfizer) for me was the sore arm. 
I read that the older you are the less severe your side effects might be because your immune system isn't as "robust" as a younger person.
Not too many benefits for being and oldie but glad this was one of them!
Best of luck to all of you and your families in the vaccination process.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #788 on: March 05, 2021, 10:09:09 AM »
Media are essential workers in tier 1C.  Some states have already moved to that tier.
I guess I'm talking movie critics and TV critics, which seems like an incredibly dubious stretch of "essential worker" IMO

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #789 on: March 05, 2021, 11:25:57 AM »
I guess I'm talking movie critics and TV critics, which seems like an incredibly dubious stretch of "essential worker" IMO

since i don't want to cause myself stress, i choose not to think about who is going before me in the tiers. It's way way to upsetting and it will not do a d* bit of good.
I repeat in montra like fashion, 'they're going the best they can'

it's the only way i can get over being kicked out of pre-reg.

I got my second dose yesterday at Moscone Center, same quick in and out in less than 30 minutes.
The only side effect to the second dose (Pfizer) for me was the sore arm. 
I read that the older you are the less severe your side effects might be because your immune system isn't as "robust" as a younger person.
Not too many benefits for being and oldie but glad this was one of them!
Best of luck to all of you and your families in the vaccination process.

my 87 year old mom got kicked fairly hard by the second dose. She's doing a lot better today, the second day but yesterday, a day after the shot, she was wanting to die. Her words, not mine. She's up painting & chatting on the phone haunting the mail box for a package ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 11:29:24 AM by alyssa »
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #790 on: March 05, 2021, 11:51:12 AM »

Yikes, so sorry she had to go through that and really glad to hear she's doing better!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #791 on: March 05, 2021, 12:04:51 PM »
Yikes, so sorry she had to go through that and really glad to hear she's doing better!
thank you. I'm just glad to hear there's folks out there who are having a 'easy-ish' time with the shots

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #792 on: March 05, 2021, 02:34:26 PM »
Our rural Minnesota county was expecting 190 doses in its latest shipment of vaccine. Instead they were surprised to find out that the state added a 0, and we received 1900 doses. The county really stepped up its program into FTL drive and got all the shots into people’s arms faster than I thought possible. Our paramedics worked some long shifts to get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #793 on: March 05, 2021, 03:08:21 PM »
California easing restrictions on theme parks, outdoor sports stadiums and outdoor concert venues--

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:19:34 PM by frgx »

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #794 on: March 05, 2021, 03:23:55 PM »
I had a pretty bad experience with the 2nd dose. I already deal with chronic fatigue, and the vaccine just made me feel terrible. I had almost no energy and went into that depressive state that I try to avoid at all costs.

But I'm OK now.  ;D