Author Topic: Useful items to take to SDCC  (Read 153847 times)

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
Re: Useful items to take to SDCC
« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2016, 01:56:42 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This bad boy will be in my gear stash for this year

Tested and approved! A full 24 hours of cold water. Last year my regular Nalgene would get warm and kinda gross ater a few hours of standing in the Hall H line.

Ah yes, the middle of the day warm water, oh how I don't miss that.  I was using the Brita filter bottle which was great, but obviously wasn't keeping stuff warm once my ice melted. I'll check these out.

Offline iogpsych

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2016, 02:21:41 PM »

Tested and approved! A full 24 hours of cold water. Last year my regular Nalgene would get warm and kinda gross ater a few hours of standing in the Hall H line.
Thanks for sharing!!! Always on the lookout for a great water bottle that will stay cold!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #317 on: Today at 05:02:33 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2016, 02:32:31 PM »

Really... That's awesome!  I might have to look into getting one of those.  I have a thermal water bottle, but the time limit is somewhere between 10 to 12 hours if I have cold water and 24 hours only if I put in a lot of ice first.  I also like that t his Waves Forever water bottle has a handle, which really helps when you're on-the-go at a convention.

Great find, [member=4589]dollar2k3[/member]!  Thank you for sharing with us on the forums.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline dollar2k3

• Room 6BCF
  • Cleveland is the city!
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #318 on: March 08, 2016, 02:00:45 PM »
My pleasure! I was super skeptical when I read the description and was convinced I'd be returning it, but it works as advertised  8)

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #319 on: March 09, 2016, 08:15:01 AM »
My pleasure! I was super skeptical when I read the description and was convinced I'd be returning it, but it works as advertised  8)

Can you make them unsold out of black?  >:D
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline dollar2k3

• Room 6BCF
  • Cleveland is the city!
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2016, 08:49:45 AM »
Can you make them unsold out of black?  >:D

Behold! Check Kinja Deals every now and then. They sometimes have coupon codes

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2016, 08:52:19 AM »
Behold! Check Kinja Deals every now and then. They sometimes have coupon codes

An Amazon review of these shows a picture with the paint chipped off all around the top and says it paint chips get into your mouth when you take a drink. They claim this started happening 6 months in. For that reason, I'd probably order the stainless steel before the painted ones.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #322 on: March 09, 2016, 10:02:20 AM »
An Amazon review of these shows a picture with the paint chipped off all around the top and says it paint chips get into your mouth when you take a drink. They claim this started happening 6 months in. For that reason, I'd probably order the stainless steel before the painted ones.

Good catch!  Thanks for the heads up.

Offline dollar2k3

• Room 6BCF
  • Cleveland is the city!
« Reply #323 on: March 09, 2016, 10:09:18 AM »

I've owned the black one for a lil over a month as my daily carry and so far it's held up no scratches or chips. I guess it depends on how rough you are on things too.

Offline Ghost6

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 64
« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2016, 11:39:47 PM »
Cool bottle!  I used to carry around quite a bit of stuff during he con, and then I realized that I barely used any of it..  If you are staying close by downtown, it's very liberating to carry nothing with you except your phone and an extra charger.  Don't be hindered with a bunch of "stuff" if you don't think you will use it!

Offline escape

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #325 on: March 22, 2016, 09:07:00 AM »
Cool bottle!  I used to carry around quite a bit of stuff during he con, and then I realized that I barely used any of it..  If you are staying close by downtown, it's very liberating to carry nothing with you except your phone and an extra charger.  Don't be hindered with a bunch of "stuff" if you don't think you will use it!

Same.  I haven't been that liberated yet, but I'm down to a small purse with my nook, a cell phone and some water.  It's REALLY awesome.  If I need something that badly, I really have to be willing to carry it back to my hotel.  It makes me buy less. 

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #326 on: March 22, 2016, 10:46:00 AM »
I have a really nice camera but the bag to carry it and the extra lens gets bulky.   I have been debating not bringing it.  I love the quality of pictures I get but does the picture out weigh the idea for carrying less.  Good thing a have a few months to think about it.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2016, 02:10:16 PM »
This will be my 8th year. The first two years I took a lot of pictures with my great camera. I ended up literally weighing whether it was worth lugging it around vs the ever improving shots capable with my phone. The other thing that I started to question was whether I was taking too much time taking pictures of the moment rather than actually experiencing the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkrtrtrrtrrrtrb

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #328 on: March 22, 2016, 02:21:25 PM »
I have a really nice camera but the bag to carry it and the extra lens gets bulky.   I have been debating not bringing it.  I love the quality of pictures I get but does the picture out weigh the idea for carrying less.  Good thing a have a few months to think about it.

This will be my 8th year. The first two years I took a lot of pictures with my great camera. I ended up literally weighing whether it was worth lugging it around vs the ever improving shots capable with my phone. The other thing that I started to question was whether I was taking too much time taking pictures of the moment rather than actually experiencing the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkrtrtrrtrrrtrb

I'm having this problem as well. I took some AMAZING shots in Hall H from about 1/4 of the way back into the room last year with the help my camera's wonderful zoom lens, but the camera and case combo is extremely bulky and takes up a TON of space in my carry on that could be better used. And, when I'm wearing my Cersei cosplay, I can't carry the case around my shoulder because it will ruin the costume. So I have to carry it by hand, which gets extremely heavy/tedious.

However, last year, I bought an extra roomy camera case so that I could pack both my camera AND my lunch into it for Hall H. I'm not entirely sure whether or not I'll be doing Hall H this year, so it's possible that I can get a smaller case and only carry it around when I'm not in costume...

In other words, taking a nice/decent camera is definitely something that you have to weigh the costs/benefits of!  ;)
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #329 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:34 PM »
We got these last year. They fit perfectly into the WB bags and they made out Con. Very light and then in a panel you can also put it in your seat for more padding. Super cheap too. Highly recommend if you don't mind sitting down on the ground in it.

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter