Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Ace Parking Discussion Thread  (Read 40853 times)

Offline mattytreks

• Ballroom 20
    • mattytreks on twitter
  • Liked: 233
Re: SDCC 2018 Ace Parking Discussion Thread
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2018, 08:07:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But, I am totally regretting my parking choice now. :(

What was your parking choice, and why the regret?
Star Wars | LEGO | 1000toys | Batman | Voltron

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #346 on: June 19, 2018, 08:19:04 AM »
What was your parking choice, and why the regret?

I'm traveling from the west on Harbor to get to HBF on 3 out of 5 days. I could have chosen Convention Center all days.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #347 on: Today at 11:25:29 AM »

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #347 on: June 19, 2018, 08:31:03 AM »
Anyone know how we will be able to access HBF parking - it looks like the map shows that Convention Way is close to cars and that is how we need to access the HBF parking entrance. I sent an inquiry to the convention center - but also wanted to post here in case someone finds out sooner.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #348 on: June 19, 2018, 08:45:03 AM »
Anyone know how we will be able to access HBF parking - it looks like the map shows that Convention Way is close to cars and that is how we need to access the HBF parking entrance. I sent an inquiry to the convention center - but also wanted to post here in case someone finds out sooner.

We usually get to the HBF from the North...take 5 South then get off on Beardsley St.(exit 14B), right on Harbor Dr. then turn left on to Convention Way where HBF parking is. Not sure where you are coming from or if you need to get in and out but it looks like this way will work if you are leaving your car at the HBF for the duration of SDCC.

EDIT: Just read the "full announcement" form CCI- HBF parking will be accessible after 7am via Park Blvd. side of the convention center! Just let traffic controllers know you are a registered guest.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 08:54:59 AM by madfly »

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #349 on: June 19, 2018, 08:56:12 AM »

the "road closures" map (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) seems to show that the convention way access from the south will be coned off but the "changes at the san diego convention center" map with traffic flows (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) appears to show that regular traffic will be able to access convention way from the south.  I'll be interested to know what the convention center's response is. 

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #350 on: June 19, 2018, 08:58:13 AM »
the "road closures" map (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) seems to show that the convention way access from the south will be coned off but the "changes at the san diego convention center" map with traffic flows (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) appears to show that regular traffic will be able to access convention way from the south.  I'll be interested to know what the convention center's response is.

Just read the "full announcement" form CCI- HBF parking will be accessible after 7am via Park Blvd. side of the convention center! Just let traffic controllers know you are a registered guest.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #351 on: June 19, 2018, 09:00:41 AM »
I think those cones should be on the west side of Convention Way.  Not like it's shown on the road closure map.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #352 on: June 19, 2018, 09:03:49 AM »

We'll be coming from Embassy Suites direction, so I'm still not sure, interested in hearing other people's thoughts. Was thinking of maybe taking Market or G Street east to 16th Street, which runs into Logan, and then to Sigsbee to Harbor.

I see that Island will be open, but I expect it to be a bit more congested than Market or G Street. Could go even higher to Broadway.

EDIT: I completely misread your question [member=823]RSilvaConFan[/member] - sorry about that! I realize now you were asking how to get into the garage. Ooops!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 10:39:59 AM by comicconfamily »
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #353 on: June 19, 2018, 09:08:33 AM »
We'll be coming from Embassy Suites direction, so I'm still not sure, interested in hearing other people's thoughts. Was thinking of maybe taking Market or G Street east to 16th Street, which runs into Logan, and then to Sigsbee to Harbor.

I see that Island will be open, but I expect it to be a bit more congested than Market or G Street. Could go even higher to Broadway.

Or just take G St. to Park Blvd. ??

Offline jimy

• Gaming Lounge
  • Attending SDCC since 1994
  • Liked: 91
« Reply #354 on: June 19, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
Or just take G St. to Park Blvd. ??

Too bad Park doesn't go through to HBF, unless you can drive your vehicle over the bridge!

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 291
« Reply #355 on: June 19, 2018, 09:17:15 AM »
Just read the "full announcement" form CCI- HBF parking will be accessible after 7am via Park Blvd. side of the convention center! Just let traffic controllers know you are a registered guest.

yah I guess it's just an oversight or omission that they didn't include people with HBF parking permits with registered guests.  regardless there is another entrance/exit at the southeast corner of the parking structure but in the past iirc coming from the south you had to flip a u-ey at convention way to get to it.  so as long as they don't cone off convention way at the south side of the street we should be okay although traffic I assume will be much worse there than before. 

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #356 on: June 19, 2018, 10:18:30 AM »
Too bad Park doesn't go through to HBF, unless you can drive your vehicle over the bridge!

Oops... i guess you have to travel further south & come back up Harbor?

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #357 on: June 19, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »

Where is the full announcement from CCI posted? - The only thing I can find is the announcement by the convention center people.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #358 on: June 19, 2018, 11:41:48 AM »
Where is the full announcement from CCI posted? - The only thing I can find is the announcement by the convention center people.

Official Info is here.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #359 on: June 19, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »
Toucan Blog post: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login