Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26675 times)

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
At the end of May, there should be no doubt about SDCC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
Hopefully it doesnt take til May for them to make a decision

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline dcol

• Gaming Lounge
  • Be kind to others in line
    • Tink the Pug
  • Liked: 67
I decided to wait it out with the hopes they postpone or just move it to 2021 and not make us go through that badge buying process again.
I will NOT go in July. It's just too risky for me because I am over 65 and there will be no cure, treatment, or vaccine by then.

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
I honestly don't know.  The plan was to go with my two 60+ year old parents with our 1 year old and a friend (so 6 of us total).  While they claim children and younger folks don't get it "as bad" I don't know if I would risk my baby, and then definitely would be concerned about risking my parents to it all.  We have our flights and hotel booked already so right now we're just waiting it out to see how it goes since there's not much more we can do.  I think we'll know more how this is all playing out in the coming couple months.

I do hope that if they cancel or postpone, we can keep our badges because this was the year we all lucked out with getting all days with preview night.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hopefully it doesnt take til May for them to make a decision

I'm thinking and hoping the opposite.   :)

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
While I appreciate the poll to see how people are feeling, it's really not looking like anyone is going to have a choice.  I can't see how they could allow large public gatherings to take place without a vaccine.  We're heading towards hundreds of thousands of cases, but that's still only about 0.1% of our population.  Why would they risk reigniting the spread to the other 99.9% until we have a better way to prevent it?

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
While I appreciate the poll to see how people are feeling, it's really not looking like anyone is going to have a choice.  I can't see how they could allow large public gatherings to take place without a vaccine.  We're heading towards hundreds of thousands of cases, but that's still only about 0.1% of our population.  Why would they risk reigniting the spread to the other 99.9% until we have a better way to prevent it?

At this point, it should be clear to everyone that SDCC is NOT going to happen in July, they are most likely waiting for official government announcements for those dates so insurance can be activated.

I want SDCC to happen as much as everyone, lets face reality, this is not going to going away by july, not saying its going to be worse, it will be better than right now but definitely not in the right conditions to happen safely.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
On the flipside, if/when SDCC doesn't happen, I'm going to be saving a $#!7-ton of money that I'd otherwise spend on art, commissions, exclusives, swag and you name it.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Now that they're using the convention center as a homeless shelter, I changed my vote to absolutely not.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
On the flipside, if/when SDCC doesn't happen, I'm going to be saving a $#!7-ton of money that I'd otherwise spend on art, commissions, exclusives, swag and you name it.
Ha, yes. Heck, I’ve already been saving money by not commuting to work. I’m hoping I can go through the entire quarantine without filling up the gas tank even once.

Regarding swag, since I was cooped up, I did some house cleaning. So much swag I’ve accumulated from cons over the years that I had to toss because they hold absolutely no value to me. Going forward, definitely gonna be more picky on what I choose to pick up or buy.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
At this point, it should be clear to everyone that SDCC is NOT going to happen in July, they are most likely waiting for official government announcements for those dates so insurance can be activated.

Assuming insurance would cover the losses.  This has been an issue.
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
Assuming insurance would cover the losses.  This has been an issue.

I see no other reason to wait to postpone/cancel, even the olympics are getting postponed

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
I'm curious...

I pray every night that the con is not cancelled, so I'm willing to wait up until the very last minute for a decision to be made.

For those wanting Sdcc to make the decision to cancel now, why not just go ahead and request a refund. Or are you hoping that a cancellation means you automatically qualify for the next con without having to go thru registration.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge

For those wanting Sdcc to make the decision to cancel now, why not just go ahead and request a refund. Or are you hoping that a cancellation means you automatically qualify for the next con without having to go thru registration.

I think that part is obvious, most of us are waiting that CCI itself anounces the cancelation and any "compensation" that goes with it. I believe I speak for all here, we want SDCC to happen, but what is happening right now is an unprecedented event and must be treated with unprecedented measures.