Author Topic: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid  (Read 127835 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Reports & check ins in the age of Covid
« Reply #735 on: February 25, 2021, 12:32:02 AM »
Well that explains why there are open appts on Saturday.  I was surprised they didn't get taken right away.  I guess they are running it this way since 10% of the vaccine supply is being set aside for teachers.  So they are managing it separately.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #736 on: February 25, 2021, 11:51:02 AM »
A spokesperson was just on the local news about the process for educators.  One reason they are running it this way is to verify eligibility since they are working with the employers.  Which is a different process then for 1A where you just need to show a badge or paystub.  Which makes me wonder if there were problems with that process.

I tried to get to make an appt this morning to get in front of 1B opening up on Saturday, but all the appts are gone now.  I should have made one last night.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #737 on: Today at 05:37:34 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #737 on: February 25, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »
and it looks like age group 50-65 is completely elbowed out of line despite making up 10-15% of the deaths. The death rate drops dramatically at age 50
#great

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #738 on: February 25, 2021, 05:26:38 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A spokesperson was just on the local news about the process for educators. One reason they are running it this way is to verify eligibility since they are working with the employers.  Which is a different process then for 1A where you just need to show a badge or paystub. Which makes me wonder if there were problems with that process.

I tried to get to make an appt this morning to get in front of 1B opening up on Saturday, but all the appts are gone now.  I should have made one last night.

I suspect when school district bus drivers were authorized to get vaccinations as 'health care workers,' that might've raised eyebrows

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #739 on: February 26, 2021, 09:56:50 AM »
and it looks like age group 50-65 is completely elbowed out of line despite making up 10-15% of the deaths. The death rate drops dramatically at age 50
#great

Looks like it since the talk has been to move up the superspreader group, 16-49 year olds.  People 50-65 don't spread enough and don't get sick enough to draw attention.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

On another note, San Diego is setting aside 20% of the vaccine allocation for educators instead of the state guideline of 10%.  So hopefully they will get vaccinated shortly.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #740 on: February 26, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »
Update:  My dad is re-scheduled for his 2nd dose for tomorrow at Petco.  Yay!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #741 on: February 26, 2021, 12:38:16 PM »
OK, BIG update for any educators:
Family Health Centers of San Diego is making vaccine appointments for school personnel now.  Call 619-515-2300 to schedule an appointment.  You will need to present proof that you are a current school employee, such as an ID badge or a paystub (if you didn't get an ID badge for this school year because you've been virtual - I got one, on a day I was on campus before school started, not expecting to get a pic taken but I will absolutely have THE worst yearbook picture this year than any other of the 20+ years of teaching  :P ).

The Health Center will be busy but keep hitting redial; they'll talk of abnormal wait times but in my (and my colleagues) experience it was brisk.  It said 60+ minutes, as I was #111 in the virtual queue, but the entire process was maybe 20 mins tops from "I got through/on hold - hanging up w/appointments."  I scheduled both vaccine appointments at a centrally located Health Center (downtownish, I think).  Say you're scheduling an appointment, and followup with "I was referred by _ (insert your district or education employer here)" and it was incredibly smooth/easy.

Good luck, San Diego County teachers out there: it's a process to hit redial constantly on the phone, and then waiting to hear a human, but NOTHING like waiting to buy a badge or waiting for a seat in Hall H for a Marvel panel :-P

I gotta say: getting this schedule is a _HUGE_ load off of my mind.  W/out SDCCI the last year, all of my "try to get badges/try to help get hotels for friends/try to get parking" energies have been channeled into stalking vaccine availability for teachers; I now feel the sense of accomplishment/elation I do after scoring 4 Day w/PN badges for the upcoming SDCCI
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 12:57:55 PM by perc2100 »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #742 on: February 26, 2021, 06:58:36 PM »
Petco will be closed again from tomorrow, Saturday, through Tuesday due to another vaccine shortage.  They seem to be doing something new this time.  Even appts after Tuesday are being rescheduled.  They didn't do that last time.  They just rescheduled people who's appts fell on the days where it's closed.  Now they are pushing back appts between 2/27 and 3/13.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:01:21 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #743 on: February 27, 2021, 06:52:58 AM »
Looks like it since the talk has been to move up the superspreader group, 16-49 year olds.  People 50-65 don't spread enough and don't get sick enough to draw attention.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Just to be clear, I am all for Teacher/grocery store/pre-existing condition/emergency personal getting jabbed before the 50-65 age group. I AM NOT FOR lumping the 50-65 age group in with the 16 -49 people. The 50-65 age group make up 15% of the total deaths. Unlike the 16-49 who make up a small fraction of that.
i don't care if they're the superSpreader group. They are being rewarded for bad behavior. I am beyond livid at being elbowed out of my place in line.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #744 on: February 27, 2021, 11:08:31 AM »
They are being rewarded for bad behavior. I am beyond livid at being elbowed out of my place in line.

That was exactly my sentiment when it was first proposed.  Nothing has changed yet.  That was a proposal about a month ago.  Right now, as far as I know, the plan is still that 50-64 year olds will go at the same time as 16-49 year olds with underlying conditions.  Then the rest of the 16-49 year olds will go last.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #745 on: February 27, 2021, 11:37:10 AM »
Petco will be closed again from tomorrow, Saturday, through Tuesday due to another vaccine shortage.  They seem to be doing something new this time.  Even appts after Tuesday are being rescheduled.  They didn't do that last time.  They just rescheduled people who's appts fell on the days where it's closed.  Now they are pushing back appts between 2/27 and 3/13.

Yeh, my dad has been postponed again.  This time he already has received his rescheduled appointment time, which is this coming Wednesday.  This is for the 2nd dose, so maybe they're prioritizing getting the 2nd does to people within a certain timeframe?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #746 on: February 27, 2021, 11:38:44 AM »
Just to be clear, I am all for Teacher/grocery store/pre-existing condition/emergency personal getting jabbed before the 50-65 age group. I AM NOT FOR lumping the 50-65 age group in with the 16 -49 people. The 50-65 age group make up 15% of the total deaths. Unlike the 16-49 who make up a small fraction of that.
i don't care if they're the superSpreader group. They are being rewarded for bad behavior. I am beyond livid at being elbowed out of my place in line.
I thought I had heard (in San Diego) that the 50-65 age group was going to be starting up within the next few weeks as well; like the county/state or whatever is pushing "Tier 1 B teachers/PD/essential workers" Feb. 27 and 50-65 mid-March.

Can't recall where I read/heard that within the last few days; I def. heard it before I scheduled a vaccination appointment, because I thought it felt odd to open up so many categories at once.  For example, I know there are about 85k education employees in San Diego County (and I don't think that number counts daycare employees), another 2500 SDPD + 4k SD Sheriff department alone (not including the myriad of municipal PD & sheriff departments), and who knows how many 'essential workers' (and I don't know the explicit definition of essential workers).  Feels odd to push so many folks in one category.

Add to that the story in the Trib yesterday about college campuses getting their students vaccinated (which feels INCREDIBLY wrong, IMO, to vaccinate them before most teachers, PD, 50-65 year olds, etc) and it's hard not to feel like there are a lot of ways distributing the vaccination are not going 'smoothly'.

And, as we've learned the last few weekends, just because one has an appointment for a vaccine doesn't mean they'll be able to get it on their appointment anyway  :(

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #747 on: February 27, 2021, 11:42:29 AM »
A spokesperson was just on the local news about the process for educators.  One reason they are running it this way is to verify eligibility since they are working with the employers.  Which is a different process then for 1A where you just need to show a badge or paystub.  Which makes me wonder if there were problems with that process.

What's kinda odd is this seems completely not how this is going: less than 48 hours after the county issued their guidance on how to vaccinate educators.  I know teachers who 'worked' the system and got their first vaccination today (they put in their demo as 65+ to get into the system, schedule an appointment for today knowing Feb. 27 marks first day of education vaccination, and put correct information in the form for the appointment); and also districts not in the "4 quartile" (i.e. districts not top priority for vaccination) have given out numbers to specific Centers for vaccinations (I know of two districts that have given two DIFFERENT numbers for their employees).  I don't think we're _quite_ in the Wild West scenario of vaccinations, but it feels like we're only a step or two below that

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #748 on: February 27, 2021, 12:09:37 PM »

Yeh, my dad has been postponed again.  This time he already has received his rescheduled appointment time, which is this coming Wednesday.  This is for the 2nd dose, so maybe they're prioritizing getting the 2nd does to people within a certain timeframe?

I think they are just pushing back all appts by 4 days.  My grandma's appt also has been rescheduled, exactly 4 days later.  Which makes sense.  The way they were doing it before was trying to play catch up with the cancelled appts and fitting them in where they could.  Now by pushing back everything for 2 weeks, it's more consistent.

I thought I had heard (in San Diego) that the 50-65 age group was going to be starting up within the next few weeks as well; like the county/state or whatever is pushing "Tier 1 B teachers/PD/essential workers" Feb. 27 and 50-65 mid-March.

It was announced that 16-49 year olds with underlying conditions would go on March 15th.  It's also been the plan that 50-64 would be at the same time as those 16-49 year olds.  So by that reasoning, 50-64 should also been allowed at the same time.  But I've heard nothing specifically about it.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 12:29:56 PM by chocolateshake »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #749 on: February 27, 2021, 05:41:59 PM »
That was exactly my sentiment when it was first proposed.  Nothing has changed yet.  That was a proposal about a month ago.  Right now, as far as I know, the plan is still that 50-64 year olds will go at the same time as 16-49 year olds with underlying conditions.  Then the rest of the 16-49 year olds will go last.

They changed it
50-64 are no longer listed in the 1C catagory

they only list general population over 16 in phase 2.

50-64 is **gone** from the list