Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210915 times)

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #495 on: April 02, 2019, 08:23:04 AM »
What time does the sale usually start?

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #496 on: April 02, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »
It's been 9am PDT for a few years, but when they added the waiting room last year I think that opens at 8?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #497 on: Today at 01:51:07 AM »

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #497 on: April 02, 2019, 08:42:14 AM »
I was considering taking some time off for the sale, but I'm on the east coast and leaving mid-day won't really work, logistically speaking. Oh well. *sigh*

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #498 on: April 02, 2019, 08:43:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I was considering taking some time off for the sale, but I'm on the east coast and leaving mid-day won't really work, logistically speaking. Oh well. *sigh*

Maybe an extra long lunch?!

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #499 on: April 02, 2019, 08:47:29 AM »
Maybe...but then I'll have to find a computer close by. I don't really live near my job. There is a Kinkos around here, but I'm always anxious about using public computers for stuff like this. 

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #500 on: April 02, 2019, 10:21:43 AM »
Maybe...but then I'll have to find a computer close by. I don't really live near my job. There is a Kinkos around here, but I'm always anxious about using public computers for stuff like this.

So will you try on your phone? 

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #501 on: April 02, 2019, 10:57:45 AM »
So will you try on your phone?

I didn't think of that. I'll figure it out. Doing it on the clock isn't completely out of the question. I mean I'm doing this on the clock LOL. It just makes me nervous, and it never fails that people constantly need you when you need a little peace.   

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #502 on: April 02, 2019, 11:03:37 AM »
I didn't think of that. I'll figure it out. Doing it on the clock isn't completely out of the question. I mean I'm doing this on the clock LOL. It just makes me nervous, and it never fails that people constantly need you when you need a little peace.
Lunch break?
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #503 on: April 02, 2019, 11:16:31 AM »

I get it!  It is nerve wracking enough without the extra pressure of work  ??? 

But I do want to be sure everyone understands that anyone who is participating in the Exchange MUST PARTICIPATE in the sale.  The Exchange is to help those who tried but were unsuccessful in getting a room, or to help facilitate trades for those who would like a different hotel than what they got.  We are NOT here to do it for you.

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #504 on: April 02, 2019, 11:29:49 AM »
I apologize if that's what it sounded like I was alluding to, but I'm definitely participating in the sale. Just trying to get as much info as I can in order to better plan for the day.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #505 on: April 02, 2019, 11:32:45 AM »
I apologize if that's what it sounded like I was alluding to, but I'm definitely participating in the sale. Just trying to get as much info as I can in order to better plan for the day.

Not at all!  Just want to be sure everyone reading is on the same page.

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #506 on: April 02, 2019, 04:53:07 PM »
to help facilitate trades for those who would like a different hotel than what they got. 

Exactly what I am here for. I ended up with a half dozen rooms at the MMM last year, and either gave them away or swung a three-way trade that got me where I really wanted - the Hard Rock.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #507 on: April 02, 2019, 08:13:23 PM »
I'm debating letting my office know that I'll be in late the day of the sale, whenever it's announced (fingers crossed it's soon), or just taking my laptop and going in early to the office to camp out there to do the forms.

Pros of going in late:
- Being at home and comfortable.
- Pajamas
- Access to snacks and the like

Cons of going in late:
- Late to work, probably crazy late going home (at least traffic won't be bad when I'd leave lol)

Pros of going into the office
- Dual monitors at work (I can use my work computer or my laptop)
- Laptop is portable so it can go with me.
- Starbucks
- Office wifi/internet

Cons of going into the office
- basically reverse the pros of going in late.
- Waking up and leaving earlier
- Office wifi
- Getting my laptop onto the wifi (it was pretty painless on my phone but you never know)

I'm currently leaning towards going in early...
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #508 on: April 02, 2019, 08:46:25 PM »
This is the first year that I could be looking to get two rooms in the hotel sale and I just trying to figure out if you can split the group booking so that the deposits can be paid separately and if you can how to do it. I think I remember seeing something about it for last years sale but as it didn't apply to me at the time I didn't pay to much attention if there was.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #509 on: April 02, 2019, 09:15:17 PM »
This is the first year that I could be looking to get two rooms in the hotel sale and I just trying to figure out if you can split the group booking so that the deposits can be paid separately and if you can how to do it. I think I remember seeing something about it for last years sale but as it didn't apply to me at the time I didn't pay to much attention if there was.

So, if you get a block of rooms (more than one room on a single entry into the hotel form), you can then split the individual rooms to different people. That way, they can have their own login and only affect their room. That way, you're able to have people put different cards on different rooms even if they're technically on the same booking.

Did that make sense? I did it last year and it was super easy (never had to call support for help etc.)
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.