Author Topic: List of Helpful Threads  (Read 12656 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
List of Helpful Threads
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:20:17 PM »
For those of you new to the forums, here's a quick list of helpful threads to get you started.   (This isn't meant to be a complete or comprehensive list of threads, but it's something to help new people to the community get involved.) 

I'll update these as we go along, so check back every now and again. ^_^ 

Please note that I will primarily be focusing on San Diego Comic-Con-related threads for this list.

Begin here at the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and tell us about yourself!

Think a thread should be added to this list?  PM You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and tell me why.

BADGES/REGISTRATION
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions and learn about the general badge sale for Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions and learn about pre-registration/returning registration for Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: those eligible for the pre-registration/returning registration sale can join a forum badge-buying group to help increase your odds at getting a badge for Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: those eligible for the general registration sale can join a badge-buying group to help increase your odds at getting a badge for Comic-Con.  Reading EVERYTHING in the first post of this thread is highly, highly, highly recommended!
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions about or discuss your experiences with volunteering at Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions about getting a Press badge at Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions about getting a table or booth for the Small Press section at Comic-Con's Exhibit Hall.  Will provide an updated link when someone creates a new thread for 2019 or 2020.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions about getting a Creative or Trade Professional badge at Comic-Con.
HOTELS, PARKING, TRANSPORTATION
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: discuss the ups and downs of hotel reservations for Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: post a request to share a room or get a roommate here.  Will provide an updated link when the 2019 thread is created later on.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for reviews and feedback on various hotels in the official Comic-Con hotel block as well as hotels outside of the official hotel block.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: reviews categorized by hotel.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: to help you find the hotel reviews more easily.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for questions and comments about the Ace Parking permits for Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: ask questions about traveling to and from the San Diego Convention Center using SD MTS trolleys and buses.
ADVICE/HELP
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: learn some great tips and tricks to surviving con (with a list in the first post!).
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: complementing the survival guide, here's a quick list of things you might want to consider bringing to con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for suggestions on various off-site happenings and events going on in San Diego during Comic-Con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for advice on getting autographs at con.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for help on using those airline frequent flyer miles credit card.  Note: This is an older thread, but certain things might still be useful and relevant today.  Check with your airline for more details on their reward system.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for suggestions on where to go for the best restaurants in/near Downtown San Diego.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: for tips on checking for bed bugs in hotel room during the convention.
EXCLUSIVES
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: this is just the general link to reach our forum section for exclusives and limited editions.
PROGRAMMING AND PANELS
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: this is the general link to reach our forum section for discussion on Comic-Con's official programming, panels, and lines.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: a few of our awesome forum members posted links to photos to various panel line locations for Comic-Con.  This thread also has a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to general San Diego Convention Center floor plans for Comic-Con.
MISCELLANEOUS
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login: check this thread for information about forum meet-ups before or during Comic-Con.

Last Updated
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

July 12th, 2019: updated a few links for CCI 2019.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:20:31 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
Re: List of Helpful Threads
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 05:50:13 AM »
Updated links and added new threads. ^-^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:57:03 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37:23 AM »
I added a link to this page into the forum agreement page people see when registering.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:29:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I added a link to this page into the forum agreement page people see when registering.

Sounds good.  Thanks. ^-^d  As usual, I'll be updating the links throughout the year.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 11:42:33 PM »
This list has been updated for Comic-Con 2018.

While I don't normally make posts when I update this thread from year-to-year, but I wanted to bring attention to this list for any new members to the community to help familiarize them with the most popular topics and get them joining in on the discussions.  You can always find the link to this thread in my forum signature.

Also, if you feel like there is a thread that should be included on this list, please PM me and tell me some reasons why.  (Remember that this is not meant to be a complete, comprehensive list of threads, but it's something to get newcomers started out on the forums.) 

I'll do my best to get back to you as soon as I can.  Whether the suggested thread may be added or not, I'll gladly give it careful thought and consideration.  Thanks!  ^__^/