Author Topic: What rituals do we have for returning registration day?  (Read 4187 times)

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
Re: What rituals do we have for returning registration day?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 11:01:54 AM »
We're in the middle of the big PG&E snafu, and supposed to lose power in an hour or so. So no electricity during returning reg is small but real possibility :(

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 11:10:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
We're in the middle of the big PG&E snafu, and supposed to lose power in an hour or so. So no electricity during returning reg is small but real possibility :(

One thousand yikes!!!!  ???  Sending out power vibes!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:02:19 AM »

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 07:51:37 AM »
I have been reading about the outages. Some local San Diego people are affected too but mostly rural areas. Hope they get the fires under control soon.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 11:00:45 AM »
Last several years I've had marching band rehearsal the morning of Returning sales; last year I had marching band rehearsals morning of Returning & General Sales!  So my ritual is unlocking the school facilities (if I'm the first Director on site), log into computers & group spreadsheet, get rehearsal rolling.  Luckily I run the morning block so my rehearsal is teaching + watching multiple computers/iPads: if one of them gets in it's an immediate break time  :P

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 04:18:51 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last several years I've had marching band rehearsal the morning of Returning sales; last year I had marching band rehearsals morning of Returning & General Sales!  So my ritual is unlocking the school facilities (if I'm the first Director on site), log into computers & group spreadsheet, get rehearsal rolling.  Luckily I run the morning block so my rehearsal is teaching + watching multiple computers/iPads: if one of them gets in it's an immediate break time  :P

As someone who definitely had weekly Saturday morning rehearsals last fall.. Now I'm curious what band you work for! ;p

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2019, 07:37:50 PM »
Mine USED to be - wake up and log one computer in with my code at 8 then another with my husbands at 830. Wear PJs (I’m in SF so it’s 9am sale for me), have a glass of water, eat oatmeal, and wave a stuffed Ewok in the air in a circle three times right at 9. I’m actually not quite sure why this is a ritual because it hasn’t worked in like four years, someone has always had to buy my badges for me, but I’m to skurred to break tradition.

This year upon finding that Returning Registration was during a trip to Disneyland where my small little group wasn’t going to have laptop access we couldn’t do what we always have done so instead we loaded up iPads and did it at a character breakfast and one of us got in immediately and we got 4 day badges plus PN. So I guess my NEW tradition will be - go to Disneyland, go to a character breakfast and do it on an iPad while you are eating and Goofy is coming to say hi  ;D

On the real though. We wanted to join the buying group because two of us are on this forum now but since they were closed due to the tech issues we couldn’t. Hoping next year we can join!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 07:42:42 PM by hipchick »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2019, 08:51:43 AM »
I usually have to eat heavily afterwards as the adrenaline burns a lot of calories.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »
Well, personally, this year, my rituals did nothing to help...none of my screens were selected. Thank goodness for the buying group! Hmmm.... maybe something with Ewoks, or marching bands, or...I dunno..but I am keeping the chocolate.

On to Open Reg!   :-*
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2019, 11:57:50 AM »
First, tell everyone on the group text, "May the Force be with us..." I don't eat because eating is bad luck.

Then, I'll log in one computer around 8am and the other around 8:45am. Around 8:58am, I'll have an anxiety bowel movement that I can't hold in.

I will then sit and watch the blue circle, become hypnotized and fall victim to its spell, then hyperventilate when the screen flickers ever-so-slightly to update, thinking that it will be my turn for a session. This will happen over and over and over again until either it's my turn for a session or someone on the group texts, "I'm in!" Then, everyone turns against each other if they don't get picked, name call, finger point and clog the group chat with nonsense, images and gifs until someone else gets in. Wash, rinse, repeat...

We all got badges, which was a good thing, but going back to read some of that stuff is comedy gold!