Author Topic: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC  (Read 138359 times)

Offline seancena

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
Re: Autograph Tips and Tricks for SDCC
« Reply #480 on: July 12, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »
I checked my photos from last year of waiting in the everything else line. On July 19th, the EE line moved into the convention center before 7 am (around 6:50).

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #481 on: July 12, 2019, 12:59:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Autograph pickup is in Sails but you don't have to line up incredibly early in the morning. You just need to get there when the line starts moving inside (I think this is around 7 or 7:30, maybe as late as 8 ). You aren't trying to get a certain position, you just need to get in the building. Once the line starts moving, even if the line is from all the way behind the convention center, the line takes maybe 10 minutes to get inside since at that point, everyone's (hopefully) moving and (hopefully) wants to get inside as quickly as possible.

Yes, last year I lined up relatively late (between 8:30 and 9) and I got into the building with no issues to go line up at panels.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #482 on: Today at 05:30:47 AM »

Offline Booker

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #482 on: July 13, 2019, 10:24:39 AM »
I think this has been answered before, but I can't find it.  Does Conan usually sign for fans before the show, or afterwards?  Or just randomly?  Thanks

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #483 on: July 13, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
I think this has been answered before, but I can't find it.  Does Conan usually sign for fans before the show, or afterwards?  Or just randomly?  Thanks

After. I think he does it when he exits the stage door behind the theater someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #484 on: July 13, 2019, 10:32:08 AM »

After when he leaves. Or at coco house when he's hanging.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #485 on: July 13, 2019, 10:34:49 AM »
Sooo, I won 2 signings. Krypton and The Orville. How to I get through the regular line to make it to the sails pavilion? I can never figure out the difference in the lines.. Kind of freaking out about getting in on time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the Krypton signing last year.  I was freaking about it as well.  In the end, it really didn't matter.  It isn't so much of a rush.  There was plenty of time.

Offline Madmax

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #486 on: July 16, 2019, 03:17:07 AM »
Question about taking pictures during autograph session. I got an arrow session, and as its the last year i was hoping to get a pic with them. Does anyone have any experience with taking pictures? Do they frown on it etc?

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #487 on: July 16, 2019, 05:05:27 AM »
Question about taking pictures during autograph session. I got an arrow session, and as its the last year i was hoping to get a pic with them. Does anyone have any experience with taking pictures? Do they frown on it etc?
WB are super strict about taking pictures. You will be asked not to take selfies or pictures once you cross the threshold into the signing area.

This save a boatload of time as they have to get through upwards of 100 fans within the signing window.

Fox is a bit more relaxed.

Sorry - as an alternative most of the cast appear at Fanfest so you can grab individual pictures at those events.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #488 on: July 16, 2019, 06:43:17 AM »
Is it possible to go to an autograph signing in Sails immediately following a panel with the same people?  Or how to autographs work in Sails - do you need to be present early in the day to get a ticket or be present to stand in line?  I'm interested in the Avatar legacy panel on Saturday at 3 pm in 7AB and group autograph signing afterward at 4:30 in Sails.  Thank you for any advice!!

The best way is to have someone else line up for you during the panel, then switch places with them when the panel is over. Next best way is to leave the panel 5-10 minutes early to line up.

Offline korramom

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #489 on: July 16, 2019, 06:55:19 AM »
Thank you!!!  I deleted my question not long after I posted it because I wanted to see if there was a better place to post it and realized there wasn't and that I also would have to retype it, so I doubly appreciate the response  :) :) :D!!!

The best way is to have someone else line up for you during the panel, then switch places with them when the panel is over. Next best way is to leave the panel 5-10 minutes early to line up.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #490 on: July 16, 2019, 08:13:09 AM »
N/P! I have done these kinds of panel + autograph before, usually for authors on Sundays. Hope it works out for you!

Offline Javier

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 51
« Reply #491 on: July 16, 2019, 12:51:14 PM »
Has anyone ever tried for ABC autographs? Wondering what the process is for that one?

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #492 on: July 16, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »
Has anyone ever tried for ABC autographs? Wondering what the process is for that one?

ABC – Booth #4245

*There’s no guarantee that the process will be the same in 2019, but it’s worth noting that last year, to attend the ABC signings, you needed to grab a ticket from the ABC booth, which were given out beginning Preview Night, and continued into Thursday morning, after which they were gone*

Hope this helps :D

Offline WeeJavaDude

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #493 on: July 16, 2019, 02:54:38 PM »
Any recommendation for Pens to be used on Prints/Posters/Funkos?  Figured it would be a good thing to have a couple of those handy in your pack.

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #494 on: July 16, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »
While we are at this - does anyone know the process for Star Trek?  Ticketed at booth on day of or something else?