Author Topic: Southwest Flights for SDCC 2020 Available  (Read 11040 times)

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
Re: Southwest Flights for SDCC 2020 Available
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 06:57:01 PM »
So, silly question with reading here that some folks have to change flights.  My schedule showed a MAX on the way home, but now today, it doesn't.  So I didn't have to change anything it seems.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 07:12:36 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, silly question with reading here that some folks have to change flights.  My schedule showed a MAX on the way home, but now today, it doesn't.  So I didn't have to change anything it seems.

I guess I don't know how you see the plane or know you need to change your flight.  DO they notify you?  They are still selling tickets for my flight so I assume I am good?
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:13:14 AM »

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 07:18:40 PM »
Okay found out all my flights are on a 737, however, all the flights from Denver including those with stops are on 737.  I can't imagine they just aren't going to San Diego so I wonder if they are canceling those or some of those flights will change planes. 

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2020, 07:44:01 PM »
I guess I don't know how you see the plane or know you need to change your flight.  DO they notify you?  They are still selling tickets for my flight so I assume I am good?
The reservation details shows the scheduled aircraft.  Mine had MAX a couple days ago, no longer now.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:47:32 PM by Michael M »
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 07:55:09 PM »
The reservation details shows the scheduled aircraft.  Mine had MAX a couple days ago, no longer now.

My app didnt' for some reason but I went to the site and it looks like mine are not the Max so I still get to go to San Diego!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 09:10:06 AM »
I have 2 big trips (4 flights) booked on Southwest this summer (neither of which are SDCC). Both of them got emails yesterday saying that the flights had been changed. 2 of them were small differences (5 and 10 minute changes in departure times), one was just a change in flight number, but one was a massive change. Instead of a one stop (no plane change) flight leaving at 4:50 pm, we were now on a two-stop (no plane change) flight that took an extra 3 hours of travel time and left at 10:05 am. This threw off our entire travel itinerary. My husband and I decided to split, so we wanted to each move to different flights. I called up Southwest last night and the rep was able to switch everything for me, no charge, on the phone, even though I had booked it all online and had a companion ticket on my flight. My husband's flight was actually $15 cheaper than what we paid when we booked it, so they refunded the difference to our credit card (rather than making it a Southwest credit).

I was very  happy with the customer service on this. If anyone has even the slightest change in their flights, I highly recommend calling Southwest and getting what you want. Just search up your desired flights online first and then let them know.

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »
I have 2 big trips (4 flights) booked on Southwest this summer (neither of which are SDCC). Both of them got emails yesterday saying that the flights had been changed. 2 of them were small differences (5 and 10 minute changes in departure times), one was just a change in flight number, but one was a massive change. Instead of a one stop (no plane change) flight leaving at 4:50 pm, we were now on a two-stop (no plane change) flight that took an extra 3 hours of travel time and left at 10:05 am. This threw off our entire travel itinerary. My husband and I decided to split, so we wanted to each move to different flights. I called up Southwest last night and the rep was able to switch everything for me, no charge, on the phone, even though I had booked it all online and had a companion ticket on my flight. My husband's flight was actually $15 cheaper than what we paid when we booked it, so they refunded the difference to our credit card (rather than making it a Southwest credit).

I was very  happy with the customer service on this. If anyone has even the slightest change in their flights, I highly recommend calling Southwest and getting what you want. Just search up your desired flights online first and then let them know.

Southwest is the best! I too have been able to get them to refund me the difference for a flight change and it was a really easy and pleasant experience!

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2020, 06:59:07 AM »
I had my SDCC flights changed already, just by an hour or so which isn't a big deal. My email did say if it was an issue to give them a call and I could switch/make changes with no issues.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2020, 12:26:19 AM »
Still waiting for to book my return flight. Ideally i know this is the time to book it, yet I don't want to get stuck with another travel voucher credit if I'm not going to be traveling within the next year :(

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2020, 05:55:32 AM »
If you booked early....I would check if prices dropped.  Mine had. Got a refund of the difference in points with a quick call.

Offline YouThinkMeMad

• Volunteer HQ
  • Formally When Nerds Attack
    • You Fancy Me Mad
  • Liked: 538
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2020, 06:54:17 AM »
If you booked early....I would check if prices dropped.  Mine had. Got a refund of the difference in points with a quick call.

I've been checking too. So far, only $17 drop so I'm holding out LOL

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2020, 07:17:09 AM »

The good news is they have started human testing on a vaccine.

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »
The good news is they have started human testing on a vaccine.

Only 18 months or more until we get it!

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2020, 02:47:27 PM »

You can take the $17 now and get even more later if it drops again. Take it before it’s gone!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2020, 11:54:39 AM »
If people want to buy a cheap call option on the viability of future travel, roundtrip flights between LA and Miami are now about $40-$50.  Most of that price is taxes.  The airlines are giving away seats in the hopes of staying functional.