Author Topic: Please help I live in Scotland!  (Read 3826 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: Please help I live in Scotland!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 07:44:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Anyway, I had a question regarding having a good internet speed.  My house is 100% wireless.  Will that slow things up?  And for those of you who will be on their computers AND tablets, how does that work?  Can you have multiple spots in line with one member ID?  My phone would probably work just as well as a tablet.  *sigh* I'll probably have to be late that day to work.  If I get enough notice I might be able to request that morning off, but we'll see.

I think it's a bit of a myth. You just want a solid connection to make sure that you can get to the site and to stay connected while you are in queue. I think a fast connection only makes a difference when you're downloading large files or whatever but I can't imagine it makes that much of a difference if you're just getting in queue (but that's just my opinion).

You can attempt to connect with multiple devices but I wouldn't recommend multiple attempts with the same device (like multiple tabs in a browser). Use what you feel most comfortable surfing on and entering information since you don't want to be fumbling with trying to enter payment info on a phone screen if it's not something you're used to. If anything, don't crash your router because you have too many devices trying to connect at once.

Once the email comes out announcing the sale date and the process, it'll be easier to give specific tips but for now, just make sure you can quickly enter your Member ID and last name and have your credit card # and billing info readily available.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1234
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 08:02:31 PM »
Anyway, I had a question regarding having a good internet speed.  My house is 100% wireless.  Will that slow things up?  And for those of you who will be on their computers AND tablets, how does that work?  Can you have multiple spots in line with one member ID?  My phone would probably work just as well as a tablet.  *sigh* I'll probably have to be late that day to work.  If I get enough notice I might be able to request that morning off, but we'll see.

I've been buying CCI passes online for many years now, and I've never had any problems with wireless (in fact, I've always bought them via wifi).  I've also literally purchased them on every type of device: tablet (iPad), cell phone (iPhone), laptop & desktop.  The important thing is to make sure you A) have a secure connection (the only time I've run into problems is trying to buy a badge for my bro-in-law with my iPhone and AT&T dropped service while I was in the que) and B) make sure you get into the que ASAP when the sales go live.

For the 2013 registration they did for 2012 attendees, I had connections open on four different devices (laptop, desktop, iPhone & iPad) and just waited for one to get in first.  I didn't seem to matter much, and FWIW I got all of the badges I wanted (but, I made sure as soon as I was in on one device I logged out on the others to make sure I wasn't 'blocking' others from getting in).

Good luck!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:11:23 PM »

angel_k

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 04:05:14 PM »
Excellent.  I'm used to typing in payment info on my phone and I can connect through 3G instead of wireless so I don't overload the router.  Thanks for all the well wishes.  One of my friends that I'm going with picked specific summer internships that allowed time off for this and if we end up not getting tickets we'll end up looking quite silly lol.  So there's gonna be four of us all trying to buy tickets and I'll have two devices on different connections.  Sounds to me like my chances are pretty good.  As soon as the registration date is announced I'm definitely going to be lurking these forums to see what you pros have to say about it lol.

Offline Jeff

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 03:57:47 PM »
Excellent.  I'm used to typing in payment info on my phone and I can connect through 3G instead of wireless so I don't overload the router.  Thanks for all the well wishes.  One of my friends that I'm going with picked specific summer internships that allowed time off for this and if we end up not getting tickets we'll end up looking quite silly lol.  So there's gonna be four of us all trying to buy tickets and I'll have two devices on different connections.  Sounds to me like my chances are pretty good.  As soon as the registration date is announced I'm definitely going to be lurking these forums to see what you pros have to say about it lol.
Usually the announcement is about 2-3 days before the onsale just fyi.