Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Badges  (Read 18086 times)

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
SDCC 2019 Badges
« on: June 08, 2019, 05:34:44 AM »
No more separate RFID plastic badge....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NEW FOR 2019! This year, a complete Comic-Con 2019 badge is made up of two pieces only: the plastic badge holder with an RFID sticker attached and your daily or 4-Day paper name badge(s). This means you will no longer have a separate RFID card in addition to your paper badge.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
Re: SDCC 2019 Badges
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 05:54:55 AM »

Did their deal with walking dead run out?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:31:47 AM »

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 08:49:35 AM »
this sounds horrible an attached RFID sticker sounds like trouble in the making.
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Online Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 08:50:26 AM »
It still seems overly complicated to me. Why not just one plastic piece (with RFID chip embedded in it) and be done? Having the holder and paper slip inside seems so lame.

I suspect this had nothing to do with sponsorship, but CCI's (misguided) attempt to reduce the badge size/components.

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 09:10:02 AM »
I'm disappointed. It's the 50th anniversary. You would think that they would go all out.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 09:29:52 AM »
Did their deal with walking dead run out?

;D ;D ;D  I surely hope so!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 11:30:13 AM »
I'm disappointed. It's the 50th anniversary. You would think that they would go all out.
exactly i was thinking the same thing, its their 50th. i was expecting so much more from them. :(
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 11:43:33 AM »
Too bad...I liked the plastic card and I too would have rather they kept only that, instead of the paper and holder. Oh well, at least that means my plastic card set is complete.

Hopefully they find some way to make this look really cool.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »

Oh, well...it was nice having these but it’s time to move on.
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline lostninja

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 12:23:49 PM »
I'm guessing they will always need the paper part due to places like Hasbro that stamp the badge, as proof of purchase.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 01:03:38 PM »
Most places just scan your badge instead now. The scanner can tell if your badge has already been done.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2019, 03:17:02 PM »
for archive

NEW FOR 2019! This year, a complete Comic-Con 2019 badge is made up of two pieces only: the plastic badge holder with an RFID sticker attached and your daily or 4-Day paper name badge(s). This means you will no longer have a separate RFID card in addition to your paper badge.

Badge Shipping

Comic-Con will ship badges in advance to most professionals, press, and attendees who purchased or registered for a badge by May 13, 2019. Badges will begin shipping around June 14, 2019. All badges will be shipped at least 3 - 4 weeks prior to July 17, 2019.

We are unable to ship to an international address. If you are an international attendee, you may pick up your badges when you arrive onsite. Badge pick up information will be available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login as we get closer to the event!

Why are you shipping badges?

Shipping badges in advance is so convenient! It allows you to skip badge pick-up lines when you arrive and proceed directly to the fun stuff! You will be able to pick up your Comic-Con publications (Souvenir Book, Events Guide, and Quick Guide), lanyard, and souvenir bag upstairs in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center when you arrive. Look for signage that says "Bag, Books, and Lanyard" for directions to the pick-up area.

PLEASE NOTE: The last day to change your shipping address was May 13, 2019. Your badge will be mailed to the shipping address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account as of that date. We are no longer accepting shipping address changes.

Where is my RFID card?

NEW FOR 2019! RFID cards are a thing of the past! This year, a complete Comic-Con 2019 badge is made up of two pieces only: the plastic badge holder with an RFID sticker attached and your daily or 4-Day paper name badge(s). This means you will no longer have a separate RFID card in addition to your paper badge! You must wear and display your complete badge at all times while onsite and at any official Comic-Con event. Your badge is invalid if it is missing the plastic holder or the attached RFID sticker.

If you have registered for multiple single-day badges, please take a moment to confirm you have received all of your daily badges by removing the paper badges from the plastic holder. All RFID stickers are pre-associated with your paper badges.

My friend bought a badge for me. Who does it get sent to?

Your badge will be shipped to you! All badges will be sent to the individual attendee directly.

The last day to change your shipping address was May 13, 2019. Your badge will be mailed to the shipping address on file in your Comic-Con Member ID account as of that date. We are no longer accepting shipping address changes. You can find your badge shipping address on the “Contact Info” tab in your Member ID account.

Badges are shipped in batches. Please do not be alarmed if a friend/family member receives their badges before you do.

What if someone steals my badge from my mailbox?

If your badge is stolen, please notify us at [email protected] and include your full name and Comic-Con Member ID. RFID technology allows us to “disable” your stolen badge and issue you a new one when you arrive onsite. The badge that was lost or stolen from your mailbox will not be valid for entry to Comic-Con.

Badges undelivered for any reason (lost in transit/dog scared the postman away/aliens/returned to sender/etc.) can be replaced onsite. We cannot re-ship undelivered badges for any reason. Badges will be shipped in a plain, non-descript package for safety. Please be careful not to discard your badge(s) by accident. For more information about onsite badge pick-up, please check here as we get closer to the event.

What if my order was shipped to the wrong address or returned to sender?

Orders will not be re-shipped. Badges unable to be delivered for any reason (lost in transit/dog scared the postman away/aliens/returned to sender/etc.) must be picked up when you arrive onsite. No exceptions. For more information about onsite badge pick-up, please check here as we get closer to the event.

If you do not receive your badge within 7 - 10 business days from the date you receive your shipping confirmation email, please contact Comic-Con at [email protected]. We will not respond to any emails sent prior to the 7 - 10 day mark. Be sure to include your Comic-Con Member ID and full name when you email us!

I moved and filed for USPS mail forwarding.

If you have moved and filed for USPS mail forwarding, your package will be sent to your new address. Please allow additional time for delivery.

If your badge is undelivered because your forwarding address expired, we will disable the RFID sticker associated with your badge and issue you a new one onsite. A fee will not be charged for undelivered badges. Make sure you contact us at [email protected] so we can note your account and have the fee waived when you arrive. Bring your badge confirmation and photo ID onsite to the Attendee Badge Solutions Desk in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center to be exchanged for a replacement badge.

For information about onsite badge pick-up, please check here as we get closer to the event.

Is there tracking available?

Yes! Tracking information will be available in your Comic-Con Member ID account. After you receive an email confirming that your badge has been shipped, log in to your Member ID account and select the “Contact Info” tab. Your tracking number will be displayed at the top of the tab, above your contact information.

I registered my badge after the May 13, 2019 badge shipping deadline. What happens now?

Badges registered after the badge shipping deadline will need to be picked up onsite. Please bring a printed copy of your badge confirmation and a valid photo ID with you to the Registration Area in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center to receive your badge(s).

[
b]I'm an international attendee, what about my badge? [/b]

We are unable to ship badges to an international address; however, international attendees without a US shipping address may pick up their badges starting Tuesday, July 16! Onsite pick-up hours and locations can be found here as we get closer to the event. You will need your badge confirmation and a valid photo ID to pick up your badge onsite. Tuesday pick-up is for international attendees only.

I have a Friday and a Sunday badge. Will they both be in the same package?

All daily badges will be shipped in the same package. Your RFID sticker will arrive attached to the badge holder with both paper badges inside.

Please take a moment to remove your paper badges from the holder and confirm that the correct paper badge(s) are included in your badge order. Make sure to reinsert the paper badge(s) into the badge holder with the first day facing forward. If you have multiple day badges, you must always display the current day’s badge in front. You will only have one RFID sticker for all associated paper badges.

Will you be shipping child badges?

No, child badges will not be shipped in advance. You may register your child (age 12 and under) for a complimentary badge in the Registration Area when you arrive onsite. Please review our Child Badge Policy for more details.

How about my bag, books, and lanyard?

You will be able to pick up your Comic-Con lanyard, Events Guide, Quick Guide, Souvenir Book, and souvenir bag upstairs in the Sails Pavilion of the San Diego Convention Center when you arrive onsite. These items will not be shipped in advance. Look for signage that says "Bag, Books, and Lanyard" for directions to the pick-up area.

I accidentally damaged my badge or RFID sticker. What should I do?

Anyone with damaged or tampered with badges/RFID stickers will not be allowed access to the San Diego Convention Center. If your RFID sticker is damaged, or has been removed, please bring your badge confirmation, damaged badge/sticker, and a valid photo ID to the Attendee Badge Solutions Desk in the Sails Pavilion when you arrive onsite.

I bought a badge from a "friend of a friend"/scalper/third-party/Craigslist. How do I verify if my badge and RFID sticker are legit?

To put it simply, they aren't. DO NOT purchase a Comic-Con badge or RFID sticker from a third-party/scalper. Expo Logic is the only vendor who sells Comic-Con badges. All other badges sold on websites or through event/travel planning companies are not authorized by Comic-Con and are often counterfeit. Any badges/RFID stickers purchased elsewhere may not be valid, and you will not know until your badge is scanned once you arrive.

Scalped badges and RFID stickers are subject to cancellation.

Badges will begin shipping around June 14, 2019. Tracking information will be available in your Comic-Con Member ID account.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2019, 10:44:44 AM »
I'm having trouble visualizing an "RFID sticker."  I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but for some reason my brain is struggling with this one.  Granted it's 7:43am and I haven't had coffee but like... I always through RFID's were little chips embedded in the plastic.  Are they so thin that they can fit in a sticker?

That said, having a paper badge able to slip out of the thing that's attached to the scannable RFID seems like it'll make scamming way easier.

Online Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »
That said, having a paper badge able to slip out of the thing that's attached to the scannable RFID seems like it'll make scamming way easier.

The chips are really small and thin. Here are some examples of what a RFID sticker might look like.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2019, 10:54:13 AM »
This is going to be no different than the ones with the plastic cards, except no plastic card. Those still had the paper in them too. RFID has been available in stickers for years. Probably much cheaper than having to  manufacture those plastic cards, which are not at all necessary.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter