Author Topic: badges go on sale february 16th!!!  (Read 44340 times)

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 674
Re: badges go on sale february 16th!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 04:22:35 PM »
Just last Tuesday morning, the Coachella Music Festival also sold out quickly.  Some also had the same issues with trying to get in to purchase either a regular pass ($399) or the VIP pass ($799) for the second weekend of April.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
NYCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022 (Sunday only)
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 04:30:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Let the fun begin....

Allow me to walk you through the appropriate stages:

1) extreme nerves & possible stress.  You may experience sleep loss as you awake in a cold sweat after nightmares of computer problems on Feb. 16th.  Unfortunately this won't pass until after Feb. 16th

2) consumption of lots of caffein on February 16th, regardless of what time sales are in your timezone.  You will be sufficiently amped up on not only caffein and other stimulants, but will also have enough adrenaline pumping to allow you to lift an SUV off of an injured child (which you won't have time to do because you're waiting for the "buy no" button to go live)

3) the mad dash to get a good spot in the virtual que.  Unfortunately you'll have little control over this.  You may find God, or some other deity that you hope will give you the extra nudge to the front of the 'que:' whatever works for ya.

4) in a perfect world you will experience jubilation as you score the badge you were hoping for.  It will be mixed with complete elation, knowing that the stress is over & mission accomplished.  You might light a cigaret and feel as if in a state of post-coital tristesse, and you may have a VERY happy kid, spouse, friend, etc. that you were able to hook up.

5) you might experience a moment of terror as you realize you were shut out of the badge you wanted: or, forbid, were shutout completely and come away with nothing.

6) this will quickly turn into rage: rage against Comic-Con, Epic, other people who beat you to the punch, your job, bad weather, the deity you briefly found but are now cursing for letting you down, etc.  You will take to the internet to proclaim your ire; you might even send an email to CCI.

7) calm.  Yes, regardless of what happens at 9am PST on Feb. 16th you will return to normal.  Life will go on whether you got a 4-Day w/Preview Night badge for you and your three friends or if you got nothing.  You'll realize in the grand scheme of things this is just a comic book/movie/TV/game/cosplay convention not worth your stress or rage.  If you got a badge you'll be excited as described in step (4), but by Monday morning (or sooner) you'll be back in the daily grind doing whatever it is you do.

Good luck to all in your pursuit of a 2013 San Diego Comic-Con badge.  May I remind you that WonderCon is always a fallback con, where you can get something close to the SD Comic-Con experience without the stress & crazy crowds.

Thank you  ;D My husband and I have been wanting to go for a while, and weren't going to try this year, but decided, what the hey! I'm a firm believer that you never know if you don't try! Even if we got one day, I'd still be glad :D And if I get no days, well, I won't be too hurt as I know I tried and that's what counts in my eyes  8)

I would love to volunteer though! I've had experience with crowds(worked at wdw doing audience control), but I thought it was hard to get in as a volunteer? at least that is what I have been reading online.

I'll definitely be using the iphone along with the ipad and computer. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see some of you there!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:34:14 AM »

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1184
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2013, 04:51:26 PM »
i'm running a Mobil hotspot on my iphone4 on occasion & sometimes is disconnects me...test out the system would be my advice.
can't get to a starbucks, etc?

Sadly no I will truly be in the middle of nowhere.  Closest Starbucks...1 hour!  Or as the crazier side of me just started thinking, only one hour...

Offline BarneyLhs

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2013, 05:07:12 PM »
Thank you  ;D My husband and I have been wanting to go for a while, and weren't going to try this year, but decided, what the hey! I'm a firm believer that you never know if you don't try! Even if we got one day, I'd still be glad :D And if I get no days, well, I won't be too hurt as I know I tried and that's what counts in my eyes  8)

I would love to volunteer though! I've had experience with crowds(worked at wdw doing audience control), but I thought it was hard to get in as a volunteer? at least that is what I have been reading online.

I'll definitely be using the iphone along with the ipad and computer. Good luck to everyone and I hope to see some of you there!

Volunteering is (in my opinion) easier to get in than buying a badge

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 5871
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »
Sadly no I will truly be in the middle of nowhere.  Closest Starbucks...1 hour!  Or as the crazier side of me just started thinking, only one hour...

I gotta say, it's amusing what people think of as the middle of nowhere.  ;)

Tomorrow I'm driving an hr and a half to my local comic store & to do some clothing shopping for my 13 year old.  We just got a starbucks in town last year but we did have a computer store where visitors could get on the web.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline lawboysam

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 401
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2013, 05:17:35 PM »
Good luck to anyone trying to get a badge on the 16th!

Offline Tipsister

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2013, 05:34:37 PM »
I didn't get an email.  That's not good.  I've got a member ID and I know I opted in for emails.  Drat.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2013, 05:36:44 PM »
I didn't get an email.  That's not good.  I've got a member ID and I know I opted in for emails.  Drat.

Emails could take a few hours to go out.
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2013, 05:39:35 PM »

Would also recommend you partner up w/ some friends and have them available as a backup. Could always return the favor by getting in line early to hold a spot or helping out w/ hotel reg...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
log on to your member id account & triple check to see if you're eligible. 
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »
give it time. I have two accounts I got one email around 230  and the other email didn't get it till 6

Offline Transmute Jun

• Buying Group Coordinator
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 7881
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 06:48:54 PM »
Wow, I can't believe all of this information is already out there! I haven't gotten the email yet. I feel so behind!

Thank goodness for this site! Thank you, Alyssa!

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »
you're welcome

the thought is, if you have a 4 day + pv nite badge for sdcc already then you won't get an email because you're not eligible for the sale

Offline rando

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 285
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 07:16:58 PM »
<snip> the thought is, if you have a 4 day + pv nite badge for sdcc already then you won't get an email because you're not eligible for the sale

This seems likely.  I was lucky enough to purchase a 4-day with preview in August and I haven't received the email either.  Although I am not eligible to use my member ID for the sale I am helping *a Friend* purchase a badge.  Since they don't ask for the member ID and last name until you are at the front of the line (if I read it correctly) then once I am there I can input my friend's info and try for her badge.  Does this sound correct to anyone?  I haven't had much experience helping out buying a badge online...

Offline taigirl87

• Room 6BCF
    • Two Married Geeks
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
Volunteering is (in my opinion) easier to get in than buying a badge

Then I will definitely give that a try as well!